ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Madden 21
Hammock Parties 01:19 PM 06-05-2020
First look!

Cue the bitching!

Madden 21 everyone. All we expected, and still found a way to disappoint. Seeing the other games featured in the Series X showcase, they make Madden truly look like the joke it is. Guess we’ll be getting NFL 2K back sooner than we thought....#BoycottMADDEN21 pic.twitter.com/Ez0Z0iU0fQ

— Modern Gridiron (@boycottmadden20) May 7, 2020

Full vidya

Madden 21 pic.twitter.com/z4r4dxuUoG

— RiverBoat Ron SZN (@ECLIPSEGemGT) May 7, 2020

[Reply]
SAGA45 11:26 AM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's has to be better than it was in the early 2000s.

For 2 or 3 years in there, you could trade your 1st round pick (any spot in the round) for the 1.1 and 2.1 picks.

I mean Jesus, how is that even possible? Like, I can make a program that prevents that from happening and the last thing I tried to program with was visual basic on a DOS system.

I remember those old Madden 00-03 games. I actually created a simple excel spreadsheet to use as a guide for fair trades in franchise mode. You plug in the trade offer and get a response from a "GM"...stuff like "Are you high?"...and "Close but no cigar". It was used on the old ManddenMania website.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 AM 06-25-2020
Madden 08 is the last madden that was any good....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:40 PM 06-26-2020
HUGE list of improvements

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...eep-dive-06-25

RUN DEFENSE

Originally Posted by :
Simply put, stopping the running game in Madden 20 was too difficult for most. For Madden 21, we aim for a more balanced run/pass ratio, so we’ve made some improvements to our Run Fits and Defensive Gaps system, with a strong emphasis on the Force defender, who is the defender responsible for setting the edge vs. the run. Here’s some specific improvements we’ve made towards that goal:

Force Defenders aligned on the line of scrimmage at the snap will use wider angles at the start of the play to show more anticipation and better pursuit prediction to set the edge vs. outside running plays.

Force Defenders will show more anticipation in their pursuit angles at the start of the play when facing quick hitting outside running plays, such as Jet Sweep and Touch Pass so that they’ll get in better position to set the edge.

Hammer and Fill players, who are the defenders in the run fit responsible for the open gaps inside of the Force player, will take wider initial pursuit angles vs. outside running plays, that will help them get over the top towards the outside of the formation quicker, and prevent them from getting mired up inside by blockers and other traffic.

Force Defenders will have wider formation alignments in many base defensive formations, such as 3-4 and more plays within those base formations will have the Force player aligned on the line of scrimmage instead of off the ball.
Edge and Force defenders will have wider Gap integrity vs Heavy/Wing TE Sets.

New/improved blocking interactions with defenders disrupting running lanes by pushing blockers further into the backfield during engagements vs. all run types.

Defenders will have better anticipation of the ball carrier’s movement by taking smarter angles while/after shedding blocks.
QB & PASSING IMPROVEMENTS

Originally Posted by :
With a more balanced run game comes more reliance on the air attack. To ensure that players will have the tools they need to run more balanced offenses in Madden 21, we’ve made some significant improvements to throwing the football:

Throwing out of Sacks - All QB’s will have the ability to throw the ball while being tackled. The accuracy and power of the pass are dictated largely by physics - the further into the passing animation the QB is at the point of contact, the more likely the pass will be accurate. However, if at any point the QB’s arm or shoulder are hit during the pass, that too can impact the accuracy. Throwing out of sacks does carry some risk as well. The earlier in the throwing animation the QB is hit in combination with the QB’s Strength (STR) rating, the more likely he will be to fumble.

Deep Passes Under Pressure - New to Madden 21 are ‘Under Pressure’ throwing animations, which allow QB’s to contextually speed up their throwing motions when feeling pressure on deep passes (throws of 40 or more yards from the spot of the pass to the landing spot). These animations are dictated by ‘threat-to-impact’ prediction, meaning that at the time the pass has been initiated, if the QB thinks he will get hit by an oncoming defender before the release of the pass, he’ll use an under-pressure animation. And then the QB’s Throw Under Pressure (TUP) rating will modify both the power and accuracy of the pass.

QB Branch-Outs - QB’s can now quickly branch out of the drop back to throw the ball at any time. As soon as the QB has received the snap, if a receiver button input is given, the QB will immediately branch out of his existing behavior and throw the ball to the intended receiver, which also includes branching out of play-action fakes. QB’s will also have more control to branch out of the drop back to scramble by moving the stick toward either 45 degree angle away from the line of scrimmage, while also re-enabling the controlled ‘Rollout’ movement, which you can toggle by tapping the RT/R2 button. Along with this change, the ‘Quick Throw Inaccurate’ from Madden 20 has been turned off.

Accuracy/Power Tuning - With the variety of improvements done to passing, we also did some tuning to improve ‘Under Pressure’ and ‘Cross Body’ passing accuracy to bring more balance for both by making the inaccurate penalties more contextually appropriate to the situation.

We’ve added a new ‘Max Distance’ passing power penalty, which will activate when targeting a receiver who is deeper than the QB’s max passing distance. The max passing distance for each QB is dictated by his Throw Power (THP) rating. This penalty also decreases the strength of the pass when throwing deep passes on the run, with more severe penalties to throw-power for ‘Cross Body’ throws.

Enhanced the in-game Passing Feedback text so that players will have a more transparent understanding about the result of the each type of throw.

Parity for Handoff Animations - All handoff animations have been tuned so that all respective handoffs are the same speed going either direction.

Pass Interference and Illegal Contact – We’ve added support for a more robust management of user-controlled Pass Interference, and also for the first time, the Illegal Contact penalty. The goal with these is preventing users from intentionally obstructing receivers from getting to their routes and/or the catch-spot, while trying to overlook incidental and unintentional contact. These penalties will be used in both Competitive and Simulation game styles and will be called primarily on user-controlled defenders. For Franchise players, these penalties can be adjusted by the Penalties settings menu.
KICKING GAME TUNING

Originally Posted by :
We received feedback from players that some aspects of the kicking game were in need of some improvement, so here’s a quick list of some changes there:

Kick Meter on Competitive Game Style has been tuned to be more skill-based, meaning it will be more difficult to get accurate kicks for Competitive play and missing the accuracy window will be slightly more punitive.

Kick Power/Wind Impact has been tuned on Simulation Game Style so that kickers and punters don’t always launch unrealistically deep kicks, while the wind impact on the kicking game will be less significant.

We tuned ball physics to bring more ‘skid’ to the ball on kicks bouncing on the turf to make the coffin-corner kickoff exploits (known in the community as the ‘Scum Kick’) much more difficult to execute.
WHAT’S NEXT?

Originally Posted by :
Our next Gridiron Notes will be Tuesday, June 30th and focuses on Face of the Franchise and Classic Franchise.

[Reply]
Mecca 01:42 PM 06-26-2020
I'm laughing so hard at anyone who thinks this game will be worth a fuck.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:47 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm laughing so hard at anyone who thinks this game will be worth a fuck.
Can you imagine how pissed Clay is gonna be the first time this:

Originally Posted by :
Deep Passes Under Pressure - New to Madden 21 are ‘Under Pressure’ throwing animations, which allow QB’s to contextually speed up their throwing motions when feeling pressure on deep passes (throws of 40 or more yards from the spot of the pass to the landing spot). These animations are dictated by ‘threat-to-impact’ prediction, meaning that at the time the pass has been initiated, if the QB thinks he will get hit by an oncoming defender before the release of the pass, he’ll use an under-pressure animation. And then the QB’s Throw Under Pressure (TUP) rating will modify both the power and accuracy of the pass.
Yields an underthrown ball and a pick on a play where Clay is sure the QB could've stepped into the throw and taken the hit.

Oh that's gonna be a glorious thing to behold.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:07 PM 06-26-2020
Can’t wait for them to bring something in Franchise that was there back in 2004 but they took out.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:14 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Can’t wait for them to bring something in Franchise that was there back in 2004 but they took out.
They won't do that.......they'll introduce some new shit that has no bearing on the game like it's important.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:54 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Can you imagine how pissed Clay is gonna be the first time this:

Yields an underthrown ball and a pick on a play where Clay is sure the QB could've stepped into the throw and taken the hit.

Oh that's gonna be a glorious thing to behold.
No, I'll welcome that moment. I love the realism.

I'm too good at the game as it is now anyway. I want more of a challenge.

That's why I welcomed the draft and offseason getting a lot harder this past year. You pay for making mistakes.

I'm hoping the new features make me rip my hair out and I go 8-8.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:41 AM 06-30-2020
WOW!!!

Originally Posted by :
NFL STORYLINES

Your career will have numerous twists and turns as you navigate the many obstacles of the NFL where you will be able to live out NFL storylines ripped from the headlines.

Franchise Savior
You’ve entered the NFL as one of the most highly touted prospects in your draft class, and that means an entire organization is putting their Super Bowl hopes and dreams on your shoulders. All-time greats were able to deliver on those championship hopes. Now it’s time to prove that you’re cut from the same cloth as those legends.

Next Man Up
After being selected in the NFL Draft by a team with a solidified starter at your position, it’s clear that even if your time isn’t now, it will come soon enough. How will you win over the veterans in the locker room in the meantime? And if the time comes that you’re thrust into action sooner than expected, will you be able to prove you’re the man for the job, like Russell Wilson did so seamlessly in Seattle?

Understudy
Following an up and down college career, you were selected in the later rounds of the NFL Draft by a team in search of additional depth at your position. Even though it’s unlikely that future plans include you, these odds aren’t necessarily insurmountable. Tom Brady made the most of his opportunity to step up back in 2001. Can you make the most of yours and earn yourself a starting job?

Bitter Rivals
Whether it’s team versus team or player versus player, the best rivalries are forever etched in the NFL’s long, illustrious history. Now in the social media era, it’s possible for rivalries to become more contentious and public than ever. When you and a defensive player on a division rival get into a war of words on social media, it’s only the beginning of the rivalry to come.

Dream Team
Teams with great talent are forced to face great expectations … Super Bowl expectations. Countless teams have fallen short of these expectations, like the 2007 Patriots, the 2001 Rams, and the 1998 Vikings. Can you and your Dream Team come together and complete the dream season, or are there too many obstacles in the way of once-in-a-generation greatness?

The Comeback
The struggle of coming back from a serious injury is too much for many players to overcome. But a handful of legends have been better than ever after making their returns. In 2012, Adrian Peterson finished first in MVP voting after suffering a career-threatening injury the previous season. After an injury forces you to sit out most of the year, can you regain your form and reestablish yourself as one of the NFL’s best?

Turf War
After a subpar performance last season, you’re suddenly facing competition for your starting position. But a good old position battle could end up bringing out the best in everyone involved. Can you hold off the in-house opposition and come out even better than before, or is your job in serious jeopardy?

Into The Sunset
After a long and storied NFL career, it’s just about time to hang up your cleats. That doesn’t mean your final act can’t be your greatest act yet though. Your team has declined and your best days may be behind you, but it’s time to prove you still have what it takes to right the ship one more time and end your career as a champioN
[Reply]
Mecca 09:52 AM 06-30-2020

I know what you are asking...

There HAS to be more.

That can't possibly be everything.

It is, thats it.

Don't buy this game people, just don't do it. #Madden21 pic.twitter.com/NA9E4BCYWY

— Marcus Whitman (@TFG_Football) June 30, 2020

Joke...that's this games name.
[Reply]
SAGA45 12:26 PM 06-30-2020
It is officially a no buy for me after today's "Classic" franchise mode news.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:30 PM 06-30-2020
face of the franchise is going to retire classic franchise

this sounds WAY more fun

IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Mecca 01:27 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

this sounds WAY more fun

IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're paying 60 bucks for a game that blows...

They need to take a year off, completely rebuild the engine and the physics of it for gameplay. Add everything that's been taken out back in plus more, they need to basically be the NFL version of The Show.

But they won't do that. Madden is a cash cow that turns them a huge profit, that's all it is to them and because people like you and moron kids keep buying it, it'll never change.

Someone tell me why Madden 08 is a better experience than Madden 20, no excuse for that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:31 PM 06-30-2020
That’s their fix to Franchise? Go fuck yourself, EA.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:42 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

this sounds WAY more fun

IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EA Clay is part of the problem.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 21
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up