ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Sony Playstation 5 thread
bowener 10:04 AM 03-17-2020
I figured we could go ahead and start this.

I wasn't able to watch it today, but Sony had a live event where they unveiled the PS5 console. I don't really have an opinion on the appearance yet, but it can be vertical or horizontal.

Your first look at the #PlayStation5. pic.twitter.com/VCDfmVKCEl

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

...and here it is. Thanks for watching! #PS5 pic.twitter.com/pOzHc31X3G

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

[Reply]
vailpass 07:05 PM 06-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm not really sure why anyone would go digital only if it's going to be that close in price, a 4k dvd drive is worth more than 100 dollars.
Do people still buy DVD’s or any media that needs to be put in a spinning drive?
[Reply]
eDave 04:00 AM 06-21-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Do people still buy DVD’s or any media that needs to be put in a spinning drive?
It's the new vynal.
[Reply]
JD10367 10:58 AM 06-21-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's the new vynal.
Vinyl = a record album
Vynal = a tranny hooker
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 12:54 PM 06-22-2020
Yes! I buy as many games physical as possible because I like sharing them with my friends and nephew when I'm done.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:37 AM 06-23-2020
There are a couple of places in Joplin where you can rent 4K movies for around $5. It saves a little on data and you get the extras.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 01:53 PM 08-27-2020
You can register for a PS5 pre-order spot now. Here are the instructions.

https://kotaku.com/sony-is-offering-...how-1844861283
[Reply]
vailpass 05:26 PM 09-15-2020
Xbox Series X/S Doesn’t Offer WiFi 6 or a USB-C Port Like the PlayStation 5 Does

When a new console comes out, most people focus on the big headline features – CPU and GPU speed, storage, the controller – but the little things matter too, and it seems the PlayStation 5 outdoes the Xbox Series X/S when it comes to a few of those little things. Microsoft recently released the full spec sheet for the Xbox Series X/S and it seems they’ve skimped a bit when it comes to WiFi and USB ports.

The Xbox Series X/S will utilize the fifth-generation WiFi (802.11ac) standard, while the PS5 will use WiFi 6 (802.11ax). WiFi 6 offers a maximum download speed of 9.6gbps, while WiFi 5 maxes out at 6.9gbps. Now, these top speeds only theoretical, as you’re lucky to achieve downloads a tenth that fast under real-world conditions. That said, it’s the comparison that’s useful – the PS5 should be able to download things via WiFi around 30 percent faster than the Xbox Series X/S. WiFi 6 is also said to be more stable in WiFi-congested areas, so those trying to play online wirelessly in apartment blocks or public places will hopefully have less problems.

Meanwhile, Microsoft's spec sheet also reveals the Xbox Series X/S will have three USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, while the PlayStation 5 will sport both a USB-C and a standard port. A USB-C cable can transfer more information than a standard UBC cable (up to 10gbps), but the reason most gamers ought to be interested in them is they can transfer more power, allowing you to charge controllers and other devices more quickly. It’s been confirmed the the PS5's DualSense controller and the Xbox Series X/S controller have a USB-C port for charging.

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-s...sb-c-port/amp/
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:41 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
Yes! I buy as many games physical as possible because I like sharing them with my friends and nephew when I'm done.
This.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:42 PM 09-15-2020
I won't be getting one any time soon. It sounds like they're going to be limiting stock due to supplier delays (COVID) so there's going to be a shortage in the near term.

Plus I have plenty of PS4 games to finish for now.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:38 PM 09-16-2020
Preorders are sold out :-). Some retailers just couldn't wait until tomorrow and opened the floodgates. Think the only chance left is Amazon.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:22 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Preorders are sold out :-). Some retailers just couldn't wait until tomorrow and opened the floodgates. Think the only chance left is Amazon.
I had shit to do yesterday and couldn't get one. Oh well. All the dickheads trying to flip these for 1000 dollars on eBay are gonna be surprised to find out how many people are fine with waiting. That and there's already a metric assload of these on eBay and it hasn't even been a whole day yet
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:28 AM 09-17-2020
https://www.samsclub.com/p/ps5-pre-o...searchTerm=ps5

Check out as a guest. Do it quick
[Reply]
lcarus 07:33 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
https://www.samsclub.com/p/ps5-pre-o...searchTerm=ps5

Check out as a guest. Do it quick
Out of stock by the time I saw this. Thanks though. It's all good. I'm totally fine not getting one at launch. Demon's Souls is the one game I would even care about at launch. And it will still be there later.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:36 AM 09-17-2020
I learned a long time ago buying a launch system is a good way to get bugs, buy one in March and you're good.
[Reply]
SuperChief 08:43 AM 09-17-2020
If ya'll see more available pre-orders, let a dude know.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 21
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up