ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>Sony Playstation 5 thread
bowener 10:04 AM 03-17-2020
I figured we could go ahead and start this.

I wasn't able to watch it today, but Sony had a live event where they unveiled the PS5 console. I don't really have an opinion on the appearance yet, but it can be vertical or horizontal.

Your first look at the #PlayStation5. pic.twitter.com/VCDfmVKCEl

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

...and here it is. Thanks for watching! #PS5 pic.twitter.com/pOzHc31X3G

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

[Reply]
Sorry 10:54 PM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
LOL....who gives a shit what it looks like.

What are load times?
What are graphics/gameplay?
What are exclusives?
How decent is the front-end UI?

these are the things that matter!
I think they are aiming for very little load times.. esp in a game like madden
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:43 AM 06-13-2020
LOL....who gives a shit what it looks like.

What are load times?
What are graphics/gameplay?
What are exclusives?
How decent is the front-end UI?

these are the things that matter!
Backwards compatability.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:59 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Backwards compatability.

That too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bowener 07:34 AM 06-15-2020
That too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sony has tested over 5000 games so far and there have been no issues with BC.

Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I just hope to christ i don't have to come up with $600 for one.
The speculation is that both will come in at $499 for the consoles with a disc drive and $400-$450 for the digital-only version PS5.

It is interesting to see what happens now. MS is trying to wait out Sony so they don't have the same problem as the last generation's launch, and the rumors I've seen have said they are willing to undercut Sony's price no matter what. Both consoles have higher production costs than the last generation; somewhere around $450-500. MS can eat financial losses on a console longer than Sony can, but that depends on how long Sony wants to lose money. PSN brought in over $12 billion last year, up about $3 billion from the year before. They won't be hurting for cash, and the PS4 will continue to sell after a price drop brings it down to around $200.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:36 AM 06-15-2020
I'm not really sure why anyone would go digital only if it's going to be that close in price, a 4k dvd drive is worth more than 100 dollars.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:26 AM 06-15-2020
These consoles have always been worth the value of the new DVD player alone. The PS3 playing Blu-ray and costing $300 was less expensive than most Blu-ray players at the time. $500 for a PS5 and 4K DVD player seems worth it to me. Of course you can download 4K movies now instead of renting them from someplace like redbox.
[Reply]
Stryker 11:50 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I just hope to christ i don't have to come up with $600 for one.
Oh you can bet on it! But, you won't be alone :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 11:55 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
Sony has tested over 5000 games so far and there have been no issues with BC.

The speculation is that both will come in at $499 for the consoles with a disc drive and $400-$450 for the digital-only version PS5.

It is interesting to see what happens now. MS is trying to wait out Sony so they don't have the same problem as the last generation's launch, and the rumors I've seen have said they are willing to undercut Sony's price no matter what. Both consoles have higher production costs than the last generation; somewhere around $450-500. MS can eat financial losses on a console longer than Sony can, but that depends on how long Sony wants to lose money. PSN brought in over $12 billion last year, up about $3 billion from the year before. They won't be hurting for cash, and the PS4 will continue to sell after a price drop brings it down to around $200.

The price speculation makes complete since @ $499. So that with tax is around $545 + 1 game and tax still gets you in at approx. $620.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:55 AM 06-15-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Don't will be fine. Honestly most of the power is wasted by the developers in programming and shitty code. My problem with Sony is their first party games. Most are QuickTime movies. Spiderman was about it for me.

I also think it is foolish to spend the money on timed exclusives. Ms needs to up their game also. Their first party games sucked this generation. They killed a lot of promising games.

I think the next generation after this will be finally PC's. Upgradable consoles. Basically cheaper computers using proprietary software.
I'm in total agreement. I've had every PS console since the original but this last generation just didn't do much for me. I'm not a graphics whore and I know graphics don't make the game, but when I don't give a shit about the exclusives, why wouldn't I just build a PC that can do anything.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:43 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Both consoles look like dogshit.

I get what Xbox was trying to do with their "revolutionary" cooling design (lol).
Yup.

And I'll probably wait a year or more to get one. The initial models on most consoles have bugs and hardware issues they usually fix on version 2 or 3...
[Reply]
Bump 06-17-2020, 03:18 PM
This message has been deleted by Bump.
JD10367 04:01 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I'm in total agreement. I've had every PS console since the original but this last generation just didn't do much for me. I'm not a graphics whore and I know graphics don't make the game, but when I don't give a shit about the exclusives, why wouldn't I just build a PC that can do anything.
I always assumed building your own PC gaming rig was way more expensive than going with consoles. Then again, I don't know shit, since the last console I bought was a PS2 and my desktop is an off-the-rack cheap POS from Best Buy five years ago.
[Reply]
lcarus 09:51 AM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
I always assumed building your own PC gaming rig was way more expensive than going with consoles. Then again, I don't know shit, since the last console I bought was a PS2 and my desktop is an off-the-rack cheap POS from Best Buy five years ago.
It is more expensive for sure. From what I've looked into and the parts I already have, it will cost around 1,000 bucks to build a pretty damn good computer. It would be worth it to me though, because my PC is what I use for everything. Even if I do eventually get a PS5, I still want/need to build a new PC.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:00 AM 06-18-2020
Allow me to play all of my PS4 digital games I purchased on a PS5 without having to buy them again and we'll be good.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 11:51 AM 06-19-2020
I can’t believe the number of launch titles that are full ray traced. Pretty amazing they can incorporate new tech so quickly.
[Reply]
bowener 01:39 PM 06-19-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Allow me to play all of my PS4 digital games I purchased on a PS5 without having to buy them again and we'll be good.
I think that has been confirmed already.

Originally Posted by :
The PS5 will also support the physical PS4 game discs, meaning that you will be able to insert your old PS4 game discs into the PS5 and play them, along with your digital purchases from the PlayStation Store
It was on the first site that came up when I googled.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up