ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Sony Playstation 5 thread
bowener 10:04 AM 03-17-2020
I figured we could go ahead and start this.

I wasn't able to watch it today, but Sony had a live event where they unveiled the PS5 console. I don't really have an opinion on the appearance yet, but it can be vertical or horizontal.

Your first look at the #PlayStation5. pic.twitter.com/VCDfmVKCEl

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

...and here it is. Thanks for watching! #PS5 pic.twitter.com/pOzHc31X3G

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

[Reply]
Sofa King 09:34 PM 03-17-2020
I started one a long time ago. So boom.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:13 PM 03-18-2020
Xbox Series X specs look dope.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 05:26 PM 03-18-2020
Which one will be better new xbox or playstation?
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 06:10 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Which one will be better new xbox or playstation?
Xbox sounds like it might have a slight edge in graphics. I'll be going with PS again based on the quality of their exclusives.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:36 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Xbox sounds like it might have a slight edge in graphics. I'll be going with PS again based on the quality of their exclusives.
Shifty, I see your LSU avatar and your location Denver. Did you go to LSU? what's up? Just curious that's all.
[Reply]
eDave 07:58 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
I'll need an eye test before changing. At the moment, it's still PS for me.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:02 PM 03-18-2020
This competition has never been about specs, it's been about first party exclusives and cost. As long as PS5 doesn't try to sell their system at a ridiculous price like they did with the PS3 then they should be the favorite again. Especially if their launch titles include any sequels like Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Uncharted, Infamous, etc.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:57 AM 03-19-2020
when Xbox 360 came out; I bought one; I went through 3 of them in like 12 months with the red ring of death. each time I bought the replacement warranty thing at Nebraska Furniture mart for like 40 or something like that. the finall replacement, I sold it to a co-worker of my wife for like $50 less than it would retail for and applied that to a PS3. Never looked back. Moved to PS4 and PS4 pro.

I'm sure Xbox has resolved the issues, but man - it left such a sour taste in my mouth that I just can't bring myself to even consider getting an Xbox again. love my PS4. I can't even remember the last time it locked up /froze / shut down etc. fires up and plays for hours w/out issue.

not sure if I'll do the PS5; seriously considering getting a computer for gaming. though, that world is a bit foreign to me at the moment. but I'm considering it. I want to set up something for flight simulator and trucking simulator eventually.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:48 PM 03-19-2020
PS5 for exclusive content. Xbox for platform-agnostic content and gaming computer power to rival many PCs.
[Reply]
bowener 01:03 PM 03-19-2020
Where in/on an entertainment center do you put the new xbox? It's 6x6x12 and needs to be stood upright. I do like the appearance of it otherwise.

[Reply]
vailpass 01:19 PM 03-19-2020
The Verge does a pretty good job here...

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...s-release-date
[Reply]
lcarus 01:48 PM 03-19-2020
Im thinking about building a PC before I even consider getting a PS5. Ive been playing games lately that are clearly struggling on my PS4. Nioh 2 in "action mode" has good frame rate and poor resolution and "movie mode" has better resolution but looks like it runs 3 frames per second. Resident Evil 2 remake makes my system sound like a Harrier jet raping a garbage disposal with a weed eater watching while it jerks off.
[Reply]
SuperChief 02:27 PM 03-19-2020
PS5 should be around 100x faster than PS4, so a lot of your issues may be solved from the get-go.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:28 PM 03-19-2020
Sure would be nice to have a PS5 right about now.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Up