ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 35
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 11-28-2019
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:41 AM 11-29-2019
Deberg or getting hit by a truck?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:52 AM 11-29-2019
I'm not convinced Allen can make all the throws. Don't get me wrong, the guy can fire the ball and throw off platform. But he seems to zing every single ball he throws. Mahomes may throw the ball hard but he also throws a lot of balls with touch. I don't know that Allen can do that. He takes what he's given. What will he do when he's gotta put up points in a hurry? For lamar, he just can't throw the ball. For Josh allen, I think you could easily force mistakes under pressure.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:55 AM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'm not convinced Allen can make all the throws. Don't get me wrong, the guy can fire the ball and throw off platform. But he seems to zing every single ball he throws. Mahomes may throw the ball hard but he also throws a lot of balls with touch. I don't know that Allen can do that. He takes what he's given. What will he do when he's gotta put up points in a hurry? For lamar, he just can't throw the ball. For Josh allen, I think you could easily force mistakes under pressure.
He’s still learning , but his upside is tremendous.

I like that there’s a lot of good young QB talent for Mahomes to compete against in the AFC right now.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:16 AM 11-29-2019
:-)

do you talk to your wife about how great other women are?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:22 AM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He’s still learning , but his upside is tremendous.

I like that there’s a lot of good young QB talent for Mahomes to compete against in the AFC right now.
Yeah, I've said before that in a redraft, the browns should have taken allen. Then lamar. Then baker. In that draft.

I think he's being groomed as a game manager. Which might actually be good for his career because being thrown in an aerial offense like mahomes was might have turned him into a gunslinger.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:27 AM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Neither did Favre. Or Elway, for that matter.

But the game has changed, so who knows?

I think he's a tough kid, and he's playing well. If they coach him well and surround him with some more talent, I think they'll be in the mix every year.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 08:29 AM 11-29-2019
well Allen def runs the QB sneak better
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:35 AM 11-29-2019
In the young guns comparison, I don't think there's any real question it's Mahomes and then everyone else.

Jackson is the 'soup of the day', but that style of play has never lasted long. He's a problem, and he's improving the other aspects of his game. Still, we've beat him twice in the last 12 months.

Watson is pretty damned good. Allen is coming on. Interesting that Goff, Wenske, and Mayfield have all taken steps backward.

At any rate, I'm glad to see the changing of the guard. I'm so sick of the Manning(s)/Brady/Raperburger era.

Bring on the new blood.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:07 AM 11-29-2019

[Reply]
MahiMike 09:10 AM 11-29-2019
I thought Allen was the best QB in that draft. I think he still is.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:11 AM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
In the young guns comparison, I don't think there's any real question it's Mahomes and then everyone else.

Jackson is the 'soup of the day', but that style of play has never lasted long. He's a problem, and he's improving the other aspects of his game. Still, we've beat him twice in the last 12 months.

Watson is pretty damned good. Allen is coming on. Interesting that Goff, Wenske, and Mayfield have all taken steps backward.

At any rate, I'm glad to see the changing of the guard. I'm so sick of the Manning(s)/Brady/Raperburger era.

Bring on the new blood.
Amen....almost two decades of three QB's winning everything.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:57 AM 11-29-2019

[Reply]
Rasputin 10:01 AM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Deberg or Hitler? Who’s worse?
:-)
[Reply]
lcarus 10:11 AM 11-29-2019
I think we underestimate just how much a little white guy WR means to a championship team. Cole Beasley is a poor mans Wes Welker. We had our shot with Cody Thompson and we blew it.
[Reply]
loochy 10:26 AM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I think we underestimate just how much a little white guy WR means to a championship team. Cole Beasley is a poor mans Wes Welker. We had our shot with Cody Thompson and we blew it.
Dieter is kinda white...
[Reply]
Page 4 of 35
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up