ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 28
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

[Reply]
vailpass 09:14 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Antony Starr is great as Homelander. Had a friend mention he was in a show called Banshee which is a Cinemax series. I finished all 4 seasons of it in less than 2 weeks and it's one of my favorite shows of all time. Definitely check it out once you get done with The Boys.
Welcome to the Banshee club. What a fine ass-kicking, tits-and-ass, pure entertainment series it was.
[Reply]
lcarus 08:43 AM 09-07-2020
So 3 episodes up front and then they'll release a new one every Friday? What a load of shit. Hopefully the episodes get leaked early and the pirates put them all up on rarbg.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:49 AM 09-08-2020
Maybe I'm expecting too much. The first season blew me away and the second seems to be dragging along. The first season spent some time with backstories for the characters however nothing on Stormfront. I also find The Deep really annoying...
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:23 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Maybe I'm expecting too much. The first season blew me away and the second seems to be dragging along. The first season spent some time with backstories for the characters however nothing on Stormfront. I also find The Deep really annoying...
I agree that The Deep’s scenes really drag on for me. I couldn’t care less about his arc and just want them to get back to the main plot whenever he’s on screen.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:04 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I agree that The Deep’s scenes really drag on for me. I couldn’t care less about his arc and just want them to get back to the main plot whenever he’s on screen.
Yep.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:34 PM 09-08-2020
Patton Oswalt might've worked as the voice of the gills if he hadn't done the same character on Happy! and if I hadn't binged half of A.P. Bio right before.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:17 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Patton Oswalt might've worked as the voice of the gills if he hadn't done the same character on Happy! and if I hadn't binged half of A.P. Bio right before.
Is A.P. Bio good? I love Dennis in It's Always Sunny.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:25 PM 09-08-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Is A.P. Bio good? I love Dennis in It's Always Sunny.
I'd characterize it as . . . uneven humorous.

It's a sitcom, and it does that well with decent characters, bits and lines. The premise and execution requires a suspension of disbelief on another level though.

Basically, 'Dennis' is a frustrated academic who got hornswoggled out of some of the acclaim and status he thinks he's entitled to, and has to return to his hometown and teach a HS Bio class. Only he spends all his time scheming and using his students to try to get some o his status back.

Think of Costanza's premise for the show within a show on Seineld, where the lead gets into a fender-bender and is sentenced to be a butler. It's ridiculous, but could work if the writing is good, if you get my meaning.

Basically the premise is just what they hang their bits and plots on. Lots of teachers not teaching, and students not studenting.

But it's a reliable chuckle. . .
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:23 AM 09-12-2020
I really thought the big reveal would be that Becca's a Homelander groupie and it was consensual
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:45 PM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I really thought the big reveal would be that Becca's a Homelander groupie and it was consensual
I was irritated a bit by how this plot line developed, even if it makes sense (I cant fathom a mother not caring more for her child in most instances). Good episode even though it was apparent this was the budget saver/plot service episode.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:25 PM 09-12-2020
Don't wanna ruin dinner

https://i.imgur.com/Lm5oyyc.mp4
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:36 AM 09-13-2020
Black Noir is a badass

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:56 AM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Black Noir is a badass

Spoiler!
Not your fault, but there needs to be some way to 'super' spoiler this particular spoiler, as it's a huge twist of the comics that may or may not even show up in the show itself [some say that particular narrative has already been thwarted or at least neutered], and even the existence of it changes how you watch the show.

I mean, it's an inherent danger of a show with big twists that already exists in another medium.

[maybe add something like 'don't look unless you want the existing comics to affect your viewing experience']
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:43 AM 09-13-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not your fault, but there needs to be some way to 'super' spoiler this particular spoiler, as it's a huge twist of the comics that may or may not even show up in the show itself [some say that particular narrative has already been thwarted or at least neutered], and even the existence of it changes how you watch the show.

I mean, it's an inherent danger of a show with big twists that already exists in another medium.

[maybe add something like 'don't look unless you want the existing comics to affect your viewing experience']
On another board I frequent, people are required to notate the spoiler is related to the comics.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:20 PM 09-13-2020
So according to the showrunner, it was the show's producers that decided against dropping all episodes at once, not Amazon, yet the guy wonders why people are giving it 1 star on the various rating sites.

:-)

It's really difficult to underestimate the stupidity of such a move, especially when millions upon millions of people are still stuck at home.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 28
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up