ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 28
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

[Reply]
NewChief 09:53 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
The chic fingering the fish dude was hilarious.
Hilarious but so fucking gross and uncomfortable. Really a pretty powerful scene and comment on nonconsensual sex.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:03 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by banecat:
Heh, sorry. I guess that was a Seinfeld character. He's the only reason that I stayed on after two was done. Have you watched it?
Yeah. I thought it was worth a watch. Not life changing or anything but better than anything on network. The acting is pretty Damned good. I just really liked White Collar (USA) so it felt like I’d been there before.

Originally Posted by 007:
Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
I love that but I understand how it could be a tough sell for some guys. If nothing else, Rachel Brosnan’s cans are worth the price of admission for the first episode anyway.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:47 AM 09-01-2019
This show was pretty cool. Homelander was a good villain and Starlight is megahot.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:14 AM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I love that but I understand how it could be a tough sell for some guys. If nothing else, Rachel Brosnan’s cans are worth the price of admission for the first episode anyway.
The way I described it was, I can understand if the entire concept isn't your cup of tea, but if anything about it IS your cup of tea, you won't find a show that does a better job.

It's not something I'd naturally be drawn to, except that I know Amy Sherman-Palladino is a showrunning powerhouse, but if nothing else you can marvel at how expertly it is put together.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:20 AM 09-01-2019
As for the show at issue, The Boys. I just got started this past week. About 4 eps in so far.

It's a tad cynical for me, without the cleverness or any real twists to set it apart other than with the commitment to said cynicism.

It's one thing to explore 'what if superheros were less than perfect.'
It's another to hammer 'these superheroes exemplify the most crass and craven impulses set to high.'

We get it Garth . . . [Seth, Evan, Eric], humanity is a shitpile. Every smile masks an evil plan and every pleasantry masks a deep resentment.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:05 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This show was pretty cool. Homelander was a good villain and Starlight is megahot.
Yes, she’s my high school senior year girlfriend to a T. Old school pretty.
[Reply]
Bump 01:38 PM 09-02-2019
I was getting a Barry (that HBO show) vibe from the main actor guy in this show (the one that had his girlfriend die in the first episode).
[Reply]
Kman34 02:04 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
I was getting a Barry (that HBO show) vibe from the main actor guy in this show (the one that had his girlfriend die in the first episode).
Yeah.. Every time I see him i think Bill Hader..
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:38 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
You mean this little fella?

[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:34 PM 09-02-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
As for the show at issue, The Boys. I just got started this past week. About 4 eps in so far.

It's a tad cynical for me, without the cleverness or any real twists to set it apart other than with the commitment to said cynicism.

It's one thing to explore 'what if superheros were less than perfect.'
It's another to hammer 'these superheroes exemplify the most crass and craven impulses set to high.'

We get it Garth . . . [Seth, Evan, Eric], humanity is a shitpile. Every smile masks an evil plan and every pleasantry masks a deep resentment.
I tend to agree with this, but like Preacher and Ennis' Punisher run, his writing is so entertaining and his characters so compelling that I don't mind the hamfisted POV. Kinda like Alan Moore. Rarely subtle with his themes, but his shit is just so fun and engrossing to read.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:03 PM 09-21-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
FWIW

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:44 PM 12-05-2019
In my veins please.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:03 PM 12-05-2019
This is one of those shows where seasons 2 and 3 are going to just kick righteous amounts of ass.

Shows with a large universe tend to spend the first season as a setup and if they can do that well, they just explode forward in seasons 2 and 3 before kinda coasting out as they run short on ideas. Occasionally you'll see something like Pinky Blinders were season 3 was a bit of a slow-down before rocketing forward in Season 4.

But season 2 is almost always awesome. This is gonna be great.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:40 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
In my veins please.

Looking forward to it. This is the kind of thing HBO should have had for post-GoT.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 04:11 PM 03-07-2020
https://youtu.be/scSBkr_hVyw

^ Cast interview for season 2. There's some good shit in there. Fans of Black Noir esspecially will want to check it out (20:42 is where they talk about him).
[Reply]
Page 4 of 28
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up