ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 28
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

[Reply]
bowener 12:42 PM 07-27-2019
3 episodes in and it is pretty fucking fun to watch.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:48 PM 07-27-2019
Finished it this morning.

General thoughts:

It wasn't great, it felt like it was missing...something. Not sure what. But it wasn't bad. I mean shit, I watched the whole thing in a day.
Karl Urban was great.
The girl who played Starlight Is freaking gorgeous.
I don't like gore. At all. But the ultraviolent stuff was limited and not gratuitous. It didn't bother me.
I'd be fine if there wasn't a second season but I kinda want to see where it goes.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:38 PM 07-27-2019
Watched a few episodes... I like Urban, Shoe is a great fit as a corrupt head of the organization. Still waiting for some nudity other than a couple of guys butts.

Seems that a second season has already been green lighted. Will finish up the rest of the season this week.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:43 PM 07-27-2019
If you're looking for female t&a you're gonna be disappointed. I think the dick count was higher.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:36 AM 07-28-2019
Yeah, there was none to be seen as far as female nudity. And I didn't see the ending coming at all.

Now I have to wait for season 2. Releasing all of the episodes at once requires discipline while watching... which I seem to be lacking.
[Reply]
jjjayb 10:07 PM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If you're looking for female t&a you're gonna be disappointed. I think the dick count was higher.
And what the hell is it with that these days. I don't care if I see nudity in a movie, but if you're going to, how about show the females. It's gotten pretty normal to show a bunch of guys dongs without showing so much as a single boob. :-)
[Reply]
Otter 10:19 AM 07-30-2019
Watched up to the race last night and fell asleep right after the finish. Highly entertaining series but wow does it paint a very bleak and dark picture of the world. I wonder how many kids sat down to watch this thinking it was a X-Men
parallel only to wind up going to bed crying.

Gave a legit LOL when they poked fun at Baltimore's crime problem given the recent news. Nice unintentional foreshadowing.

This really isn't a spoiler but a prediction:

Spoiler!

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Thanks for the heads up, I might have missed this one. :-)
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:11 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
And what the hell is it with that these days. I don't care if I see nudity in a movie, but if you're going to, how about show the females. It's gotten pretty normal to show a bunch of guys dongs without showing so much as a single boob. :-)
Dudity. Ain't nobody got time for that.
[Reply]
bowener 11:20 AM 07-30-2019
I finished the season a few days ago, and I like where it is headed.

I know the ideas aren't the newest, but I think shows and movies should explore the obvious massive downside to having super humans in the world. Especially Super humans that may appear to be benevolent on the surface.

I started reading Irredeemable 10 years ago, but didn't keep up with it. I think it's time I go back and read it all.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:59 PM 08-01-2019
Loved the season. Can't wait for the second one.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:01 AM 08-02-2019
Watched the first two episodes last night. I dig it.

The creators of this series seem to share my disdain for the endless stream of comic book movies.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:25 PM 08-02-2019
Aside from the unnecessary political shit this was an enjoyable watch.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:25 AM 08-05-2019
Great show; up there with Chernobyl as 2019s best television.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:07 PM 08-06-2019
Love this show. The comic came out like 10 years ago and way more brutal. Amazon has some of the omnibuses for sale. I'll probably wait for all of them to go on a sale and read em all.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:10 PM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Finished it this morning.

General thoughts:

It wasn't great, it felt like it was missing...something. Not sure what. But it wasn't bad. I mean shit, I watched the whole thing in a day.
Karl Urban was great.
The girl who played Starlight Is freaking gorgeous.
I don't like gore. At all. But the ultraviolent stuff was limited and not gratuitous. It didn't bother me.
I'd be fine if there wasn't a second season but I kinda want to see where it goes.
To cover the comics it'll probably take 3-4 seasons
Karl Urban makes this show imo
[Reply]
Page 2 of 28
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up