ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 28
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Media Center>The Boys (Amazon)
BigRichard 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] F*ck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:40 AM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
So... It's a bad thing to have white supremists as bad guys?
Don't be stupid, the point was whether the narrative was vague and allegorical like Star Trek, or pointed and specific like the showrunner said his intention was.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:05 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
'Starlight' whomever that actress is, is in that weird valley of very attractive, very compelling, and skill very odd-looking. Can't place it, maybe the deep set of her eyes. [I'd mention what her brow/eye/cheek profile reminds me of, but it got Roseanne kicked off the air]

But what I do know is she's 10x as hot in a hoodie and ponytail than in that TehSeven getup with the 80s Glamour Shots hairdo.
Yeah seems like she has more to work with but leaving a lot on the table....

The woman who hosts Good Morning football is the opposite, she is working with average stuff but seems a lot hotter than she should be.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:26 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
So... It's a bad thing to have white supremists as bad guys?
:-) Get a hold of yourself.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:33 PM 10-14-2020
They are going to fucking ruin this show:

"One of the reasons that we're getting into Soldier Boy [in season 3] and that team, Payback, is we're interested in exploring a little bit of how we got here," Kripke said. "Through the history of the supes, we can tell a little bit about the history of America and how we ended up in the current fraught position that we're in. Soldier Boy gives us an opportunity to do that."

By "fraught position," he means our current climate in which people are fighting against white supremacy and systemic racism. “Certain politicians like to pitch this somehow idyllic ‘good old days’ where everything was perfect and calm. That is complete and utter bulls---," Kripke added. "It was never that way. So, by exploring the history of Vought in the history of America, we get to make some of those points. There was never an America when they say ‘Make America Great Again.’ It was always a struggle. That's the point. It's a struggle to make things better."

https://ew.com/tv/the-boys-season-3-...7c2d000124e638
[Reply]
vailpass 06:58 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
They are going to ****ing ruin this show:

"One of the reasons that we're getting into Soldier Boy [in season 3] and that team, Payback, is we're interested in exploring a little bit of how we got here," Kripke said. "Through the history of the supes, we can tell a little bit about the history of America and how we ended up in the current fraught position that we're in. Soldier Boy gives us an opportunity to do that."

By "fraught position," he means our current climate in which people are fighting against white supremacy and systemic racism. “Certain politicians like to pitch this somehow idyllic ‘good old days’ where everything was perfect and calm. That is complete and utter bulls---," Kripke added. "It was never that way. So, by exploring the history of Vought in the history of America, we get to make some of those points. There was never an America when they say ‘Make America Great Again.’ It was always a struggle. That's the point. It's a struggle to make things better."

Oh FFS. Get kripke out of there.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:42 PM 10-18-2020
They are going to fucking ruin this show:

Just tell a good story and leave YOUR personal takes on political America out of it, Kripke. FFS
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:46 AM 10-19-2020
Maybe in season 3 we find out that the black guy Homelander killed was a fake crime :-).
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:59 PM 10-19-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just tell a good story and leave YOUR personal takes on political America out of it, Kripke. FFS
Kripke isn't well informed in comic lore saying Superman is a perfect example of white supremacy when it was written and created by two Jewish men.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 12:55 AM 10-24-2020
Get woke, go broke. I've mostly loved the show but if the creators are gonna keep spewing this filth then I wont shed a tear when the show inevitably gets cancelled. It would be a shame because all of the pieces are there for this thing to become legendary.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:58 AM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Get woke, go broke. I've mostly loved the show but if the creators are gonna keep spewing this filth then I wont shed a tear when the show inevitably gets cancelled. It would be a shame because all of the pieces are there for this thing to become legendary.
The numbers for Season 2 were astronomical and it's in absolutely zero danger of being cancelled.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:09 PM 10-24-2020
The funny thing is that the original author Garth Ennis, who is Northern Irish, actually really likes the idea of America as a melting pot. Something he referenced several times in his Hitman series.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:48 PM 07-07-2021
Maaaaaaaan, I hope this little thing isn't indicative of where they are going this season. I'll admit I was kind of tickled they were taking a shot at a certain pillow salesman, but it wasn't funny at all. I'm desperate for more "The Boys" but this ain't it.

Today on VNN:
-An update on America's favorite hero, Homelander
-Meet the new man: Victoria Neuman announces FBSA hire
-Where is Alastair?: Church of the Collective head missing amidst new allegations pic.twitter.com/MC1cppXGvW

— Vought International (@VoughtIntl) July 7, 2021

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:16 PM 07-07-2021
Maaaaaaaan, I hope this little thing isn't indicative of where they are going this season. I'll admit I was kind of tickled they were taking a shot at a certain pillow salesman, but it wasn't funny at all. I'm desperate for more "The Boys" but this ain't it.

Seth Rogan is such an angry little pissant. I thought weed was supposed to mellow you out.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:10 AM 07-08-2021
Finished season 2 last night…what a fucking show. Absolutely in love.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:42 AM 07-08-2021
It just sank in - "Robert Singer". Sublime. Especially with Dean joining the cast in season 3. Heh.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 28
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up