ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Bengals looking to trade John Ross
Dante84 12:52 PM 02-26-2019

Sources tell me the Cincinnati Bengals are hoping to trade receiver John Ross and will field offers during the combine. We'll have more tonight during our podcast.

— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) February 26, 2019

Wonder what the asking price is?
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:02 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Players who are that injury prone aren't good depth.

I agree.

If DAT had signed somewhere else, would we have IR’d Pringle? No, I’m not saying Pringle is an answer to WR depth, but coaches could at least have had more information and looks at him in practice and determining if he’s a player actually worth keeping around.

If John Ross stays healthy in camp, beats a dude out of a roster spot, then plays two games and breaks in half, was it worth having him around as depth?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:42 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Dante84:
For a 5th? Why not?

7 TD’s on 21 receptions last year
58 targets.

That's a completion rate of 36%. That's not good. That's not even bad. That's ATROCIOUS. He did that on a 6-10 team, and being on a bad team frequently PADS WR stats.

Hard pass. He never looked as fast on a football field as he did on the track.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:52 PM 02-27-2019
The GM said today the rumors of trading Ross are bullshit.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:21 AM 10-20-2020
Ross wants a trade. And before you laugh, Peter King said the Chiefs were very interested in Henry Ruggs and always want to add more speed.

I could see Andy wanting Veach to give up a late rd pick for the guy. Still on his rookie deal.

From @gmfb: #Bengals WR John Ross approached the team about a trade recently. The speedster, in the last year of his rookie deal, hasn't been playing much of late and wants a fresh start if that's going to continue being the case. pic.twitter.com/0LbfY9ODb4

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) October 20, 2020

[Reply]
bowener 08:24 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ross wants a trade. And before you laugh, Peter King said the Chiefs were very interested in Henry Ruggs and always want to add more speed.

I could see Andy wanting Veach to give up a late rd pick for the guy. Still on his rookie deal.

Can he return kicks better than Hardman right now? It would be great to get a better starting field position than the Chiefs have been getting. If Ross wants playing time, this is not the team for him. If he wants to win then this is obviously the team for him.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:25 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:

The Chiefs were rumored like like Jalen Raeger, too.

Ross is a former high round pick who hasn't panned out, which fits the Veach M.O.

This could very realistically happen.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:25 AM 10-20-2020
Yeah, I can see this happening.
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 10-20-2020
With RObinson and Sammy being FA next year it would make sense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:28 AM 10-20-2020
He's not going to get a bunch of playing time here. If he wants to come here and get 1 or 2 targets a game, more power to him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:28 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
With RObinson and Sammy being FA next year it would make sense.
Ross is a free agent next year.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:30 AM 10-20-2020
guy is broken more often than Sammy......
[Reply]
UK_Chief 08:30 AM 10-20-2020
Would prefer Bob Ross
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:31 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's not going to get a bunch of playing time here. If he wants to come here and get 1 or 2 targets a game, more power to him.
True, but get him in the room for a 2022 conditional pick.

Keep him in the room through the season. When it's time for free agency and people are offering zero money to any second-stringers, he'll want to stay.
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 AM 10-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Ross is a free agent next year.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
BWillie 08:33 AM 10-20-2020
God no. Hill >Watkins>Robinson>Pringle>Ross
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up