ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Bengals looking to trade John Ross
Dante84 12:52 PM 02-26-2019

Sources tell me the Cincinnati Bengals are hoping to trade receiver John Ross and will field offers during the combine. We'll have more tonight during our podcast.

— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) February 26, 2019

Wonder what the asking price is?
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:59 PM 02-26-2019
Veach loooooooooooooooooves reclamation projects.

I'd be willing to bet we throw that compensatory 6th at them and see if they bite.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:05 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Just be glad the Gals took him 1 pick ahead of Mahomes.
When you have Andy Dalton, you gotta stand pat.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:10 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
No thanks man, we're not hurting for receivers this year... lets focus on defense, Defense and DEFENSE
We need another receiving threat IMO. Why not get this guy? He scored 7 TD’s last year. DAT is done and we need another version of Albert Wilson for this offense.

If you can get him for a 5th or 6th, do it. That’s a cheap contract for 2 more seasons and the ROI will surely be better than a pick at the end of the 5th or 6th rd.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:15 PM 02-26-2019
I'm actually starting to get convinced. Provided the Bengals would do it. The lack of receivers this year in free agency might make some desperate team with lots of picks like the Raiders fork over a 3rd rounder though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:22 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We need another receiving threat IMO. Why not get this guy? He scored 7 TD’s last year. DAT is done and we need another version of Albert Wilson for this offense.

If you can get him for a 5th or 6th, do it. That’s a cheap contract for 2 more seasons and the ROI will surely be better than a pick at the end of the 5th or 6th rd.
Sorry man, not interested

This offense doesn't need another DAT or Wilson... we lit up the league last year with Wilson in Miami and DAT on the bench
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:22 PM 02-26-2019
This has Patriots written all over it. They will coach the guy up.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:28 PM 02-26-2019
He never shoulda been a 1st round pick. Taking him at 9 was stupid at the time.

I'm tempted to say, "5th round and down only" but even then i have no faith that he could give us half a healthy season.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:28 PM 02-26-2019
We would bring him in to bolster our WRs with more depth and speed, then basically continue to rely on Hill alone because Watkins and Ross always have cracks in their glass vaginas
[Reply]
RunKC 04:35 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We would bring him in to bolster our WRs with more depth and speed, then basically continue to rely on Hill alone because Watkins and Ross always have cracks in their glass vaginas
I’m okay with taking a chance on Ross because he’s making roughly $2 million and would be worth a late rd pick. He’s not like Sammy who is getting an average of $20 million the next 2 years.

He’s injured often, but I like it as a depth move. If Tyreek gets hurt, we don’t have anyone anywhere close to him.

At least Ross has similar speed to Hill where he can be a burner.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:42 PM 02-26-2019
Like his speed. Like his big play ability.

BUT...

Tore his MCL in college. Tore his ACL in college. Strained his calves at the combine. Played 3 games his rookie season due to injury. Missed 3 games last year due to injury. (Had only 210 yards receiving.)

Give up draft picks for him? No way. Draft picks, esp early rounds, need to go towards defense. (Whether they're used in the draft or traded for a defensive player.) JMHO.
[Reply]
O.city 04:44 PM 02-26-2019
Give them a 6th, let Andy have another weapon.

Seriously, with Andy and Pat, the other weapons, just be an adequate athlete and you'll get looks.

He could come in and catch 30 balls for 500 yards simply running go routes.

You guys seriously overvalue late round picks.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:45 PM 02-26-2019
If we're looking for ANY kind of receiving talent this year, it needs to be at #2 TE
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:55 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Give them a 6th, let Andy have another weapon.

Seriously, with Andy and Pat, the other weapons, just be an adequate athlete and you'll get looks.

He could come in and catch 30 balls for 500 yards simply running go routes.

You guys seriously overvalue late round picks.
Would be surprised if the Bengals agreed to a 6th rounder. He was the #9 overall pick. Guessing none of the other folks here were anticipating the Bengals accepting a 6th rounder.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:38 PM 02-26-2019
He's just hurt all the time.

Even if you give up a late round pick, say your 6th or whatever, you've gotta take on his contract which was what, #9?

Nah.
Ok, lets do it then.
:-)
[Reply]
rtmike 05:41 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I've been really disappointed with how Ross has turned out. i really enjoyed watching him play at UW.

However, for a low round pick, I would give it a shot. He has more chance of turning it around that Coates does and the Chiefs are going to need another receiver.
Except he couldn’t stay healthy in college either.

When the Bengals drafted him in the 1st, I just figured...because, Bengals, lol.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up