ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 71
1 23451151 > Last »
Media Center>What Are You Spinning? Cont.
eDave 08:45 PM 02-05-2019
Rabble's thread has become extremely slow to load and post so I'm starting a new one while the other will be locked.

As rabble is no longer with us (cough), I have been authorized to post in his stead.

Perhaps we can add a full description of the video then post a direct link in an effort to forego the issues in the original thread.

Let's hear what your hearing.

Link to the original - https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314922
[Reply]
Rausch 09:27 PM 02-05-2019
It's "you're" you fucking heathen.

And lately I've been listening to Gorillaz and oddly enough 80's music I hated as a kid. I never really gave Gorillaz a fair listen and said "I don't like rap" back when the first and second album came out. I'd say I really like about 50% of it and can't stand about 50%.

And I think it's old age and nostalgia kicking in but shit I hated when it came out (like the cure, new wave, 80's pop) for some reason makes me smile now. I guess I'm old enough now that rediscovering something I'd forgotten has become just as exciting as discovering something new.

As far as something "new to me" I've been listening to Magic Sword while playing Fallout: New Vegas and a bunch of retro games. The one song most people probably have heard was played over the Thor: Ragnarok trailer...

(skip to 19:00 in the vid for the Thor song.)

[Reply]
eDave 10:19 PM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It's "you're" you fucking heathen.

And lately I've been listening to Gorillaz and oddly enough 80's music I hated as a kid. I never really gave Gorillaz a fair listen and said "I don't like rap" back when the first and second album came out. I'd say I really like about 50% of it and can't stand about 50%.

And I think it's old age and nostalgia kicking in but shit I hated when it came out (like the cure, new wave, 80's pop) for some reason makes me smile now. I guess I'm old enough now that rediscovering something I'd forgotten has become just as exciting as discovering something new.

As far as something "new to me" I've been listening to Magic Sword while playing Fallout: New Vegas and a bunch of retro games. The one song most people probably have heard was played over the Thor: Ragnarok trailer...

(skip to 19:00 in the vid for the Thor song.)
That's pretty heavy. Me like.

It's awesome going back and listening to things you weren't into because you were into something else.

Lately for me it's been The Verve and Stone Roses.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:22 PM 02-06-2019
Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man
Bobby Gentry - Ode to Billy Joe
Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley PTA
Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
Loretta Lynn - The Pill
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:41 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
Why would you cite Helen Reddy's Delta Dawn over Tanya?

One of the most perfectly 'country and western' voices.

Tanya Tucker- Delta Dawn
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:47 PM 02-06-2019
Loretta Lynn - The Pill
Speaking of;

'Retta and Conway
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:50 PM 02-06-2019
Still Reba's crowning achievement

Reba McEntire
[Reply]
patteeu 01:56 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Why would you cite Helen Reddy's Delta Dawn over Tanya?

One of the most perfectly 'country and western' voices.

Tanya Tucker- Delta Dawn
Because that's what I listened to. I agree with you about Tanya Tucker though.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:17 PM 02-06-2019
Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man
Also speaking of which

Aretha - Son of a Preacher Man

Song came from legendary Muscle Shoals, Aretha turned it down initially, then covered it subsequently.

I think Dusty's arrangement is the superior work, but Aretha do wail, though.

Which brings up another recommendation of the Muscle Shoals documentary, worth it for the Allman stuff alone and there's SO MUCH MORE!!!

Muscle Shoals
[Reply]
scho63 03:48 PM 02-06-2019
At Amazon yesterday, one of the younger female workers wouldn't shut the fuck up for five straight hours.

After hour two I played Elton Johns greatest hits for nearly 2 hours. It was excellent and the other employees gave me the thumbs up.
[Reply]
eDave 05:36 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
At Amazon yesterday, one of the younger female workers wouldn't shut the fuck up for five straight hours.

After hour two I played Elton Johns greatest hits for nearly 2 hours. It was excellent and the other employees gave me the thumbs up.
When I wanna listen to Elton John's greatest hits, I just put on Madman Across The Water.
[Reply]
eDave 05:37 PM 02-06-2019
Nice job posting simple links.

Except for you Rausch, you fucking heathen.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:46 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:

Is there some connection between talkative females and Elton John or was it just something you guys could listen to instead of the gabby gals?
[Reply]
scho63 02:57 PM 02-07-2019
Is there some connection between talkative females and Elton John or was it just something you guys could listen to instead of the gabby gals?
I'm in an open area and tried to appeal to the masses :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:48 PM 02-07-2019
Listening to Elton John for 2 straight hours is the equivalent of listening to Suzie Talksalot.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 71
1 23451151 > Last »
Up