ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 153
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
007 08:41 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Every episode is about 30 minutes.

This is the first Star Wars live action TV show....EVER.

They gambled $120 million that it would work...did you really expect they were going to gamble twice that much on something that had never been done before?

This isn't like GoT where they need longer run times to cram in as much book stuff as possible.

This is a five-hour movie...and when it's all said and done I'm pretty sure it will be vastly entertaining and we'll be looking forward to season two.

If this works you'll get your one-hour Star Wars TV show I'm sure. But I don't really think this NEEDS to be a one show right now. It's so small and focused on one guy that they can do it just fine as it is right now.
It was a very good episode. It's just not enough to keep me paying every month. When my trial is over I'm going to cancel then come back when all episodes are done to binge then.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:59 AM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Interesting with plenty of potential. Not seeing all the love though, as it was just OK in my book. I see that it could be amazing, but that first episode is not.
I was enjoying the first episode, but not really loving it. But then

Spoiler!

and I was instantly hooked. I'm really, really looking forward to what Filoni and Favreau have put together for this.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:58 PM 11-16-2019
The Bounty on the kid

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:34 AM 11-17-2019
I'm liking this show so far.

Chronologically, when is this taking place in the Star Wars universe?
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:48 AM 11-17-2019
5 years after Return of the Jedi. Around 25 years before The Force Awakens and the Last Jedi. Rise of Skywalker takes place a year after the first two.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:18 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
5 years after Return of the Jedi. Around 25 years before The Force Awakens and the Last Jedi. Rise of Skywalker takes place a year after the first two.
Ah, OK.

I like that we're getting a Star Wars story not involving the Skywalkers, but a large part of me wants to see Darth Vader at his peak between RotS and ANH. I can't believe they haven't jumped on that yet.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:23 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
So....

Spoiler!
all these goddamn fetch missions are like watching someone play an RPG :-)
Hah. I thought the same when he got the Beskar pauldron. Now he's got a legendary helmet and pauldron with a shoddy chest plate, greaves, etc. Reminds me of my Skyrim character.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:26 AM 11-17-2019
Help me! I'm getting entranced by the lore!

The Mandalorian just sounds fucking awesome, too. Sounds like someone who'll fuck your shit up.. that helmet visor thingy looks awesome but is just not practical though.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:09 AM 11-17-2019
So far this is at the same level as Rogue One IMO. Put Favreau in charge of future movies and let him pick his team.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:57 AM 11-18-2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:01 AM 11-18-2019

[Reply]
Skyy God 12:02 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Hah. I thought the same when he got the Beskar pauldron. Now he's got a legendary helmet and pauldron with a shoddy chest plate, greaves, etc. Reminds me of my Skyrim character.
Dude just needs to forge and enchant some daggers.

Voila, a full set of Beskar armor in no time!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:57 PM 11-18-2019

[Reply]
Clyde Frog 03:09 PM 11-18-2019
:-) If only we could go back in time
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:15 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So far this is at the same level as Rogue One IMO. Put Favreau in charge of future movies and let him pick his team.
No, it isn't. Far too early to crown it like that. Episodes are too short and the one a week business sucks ass. Not that the release schedule is the fault of the show itself.

It has tremendous potential. Right now, that's all it is.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 153
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up