ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 153
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:08 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Interesting with plenty of potential. Not seeing all the love though, as it was just OK in my book. I see that it could be amazing, but that first episode is not.
Compared to the first few episodes of The Clone Wars and Rebels, The Mandalorian was 96% A to their 70% C's at launch, IMHO of course.

There was an awful lot of info dropped in the first episode of The Mandalorian, which was directed by CW and Rebels director Dave Filoni.

My expectation is that the quality of each episode and subsequent season will improve drastically, just as Season 2 of The Clone Wars and Rebels were far above and beyond their respective Season 1's.

Disney has a lot riding on the success of The Mandalorian, as they should after a $15 million dollar per episode budget. With Season 2 filming already in Long Beach, I'd expect that the quality will be their highest priority moving forward because they're expecting as many as 60 million subscribers by 2024.

Those numbers will be difficult to attain if The Mandalorian and the subsequent Star Wars and Marvel Series don't meet the expectations of their respective audiences.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:24 PM 11-14-2019
Just a reminder for those of you fortunate enough to watch, episode 2 hits tomorrow.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:49 PM 11-14-2019
my boss is too cheap to get Disney + for his kid so I hooked them up with a torrent today

the kid thought he was going to have to wait months to see this - he was so excited :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:00 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Just a reminder for those of you fortunate enough to watch, episode 2 hits tomorrow.
I take it Fridays will be the official drop days going forward?
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:06 PM 11-14-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I take it Fridays will be the official drop days going forward?
That's my understanding.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:19 PM 11-15-2019
first 8 minutes of episode 2 are amazing :-)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:21 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Spoiler!
Getting ready to watch here in a bit...noticed Chapter II is only 32 minutes long....a little disappointing, but if it is good I can live with it :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:39 PM 11-15-2019
all these goddamn fetch missions are like watching someone play an RPG :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:45 PM 11-15-2019
i desperately wanted
Spoiler!
hoping we get that in a future episode :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:02 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Spoiler!
YES!
[Reply]
temper11 04:11 PM 11-15-2019
are all of the episodes going to be this short? That's disappointing.
[Reply]
007 06:25 PM 11-15-2019
32 minutes. Fucking seriously. 32 minutes
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:42 PM 11-15-2019
i now know what I'm doing tonight besides fapping
[Reply]
staylor26 07:54 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
i now know what I'm doing tonight besides fapping
Well that’s going to only take up about 32.5 mins.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:14 PM 11-15-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
32 minutes. Fucking seriously. 32 minutes
Every episode is about 30 minutes.

This is the first Star Wars live action TV show....EVER.

They gambled $120 million that it would work...did you really expect they were going to gamble twice that much on something that had never been done before?

This isn't like GoT where they need longer run times to cram in as much book stuff as possible.

This is a five-hour movie...and when it's all said and done I'm pretty sure it will be vastly entertaining and we'll be looking forward to season two.

If this works you'll get your one-hour Star Wars TV show I'm sure. But I don't really think this NEEDS to be a one show right now. It's so small and focused on one guy that they can do it just fine as it is right now.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 153
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up