ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 153
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:47 PM 11-11-2019
that's the dumbest shit ive ever heard

fuck off deberg
[Reply]
Jerm 01:50 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So it premieres tomorrow and it hasn’t fully screen for critics. Why?

Some rumbling out there that it’s not that good or it has some sort of twist that’s going to piss Some fans off.

some think the Mandalorian is a woman in some weird twist. Rumors that Pedro Pascal is either the lover, the mentor, or the former dude who wore that armor and he's killed off the first episode or something.

Hmmmmm
LOL it's because they didn't want spoilers to get out....
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:54 PM 11-11-2019
Ok, but this is Disney guys. Remember

Disney always advance previews their stuff for critics if they know they have a winner.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:03 PM 11-11-2019
Disney did good with Solo and Rogue One.

This is the same vibe.

This gonna be GUD
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:07 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
LOL it's because they didn't want spoilers to get out....
They advance preview all the Marvel films.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:38 PM 11-11-2019
If it wasn't good, or if they didn't have confidence in it, it wouldn't be the launch series for Disney+ and they wouldn't have given it a 2nd season weeks ago. You're handwringing over nothing.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:49 PM 11-11-2019
Is the Disney + app available yet?

I looked in the App Store and could not find it.

I am all signed up, just need to get the app on my devices.

Nevermind...found this article:

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/disney-plus-app
[Reply]
RunKC 08:47 PM 11-11-2019
Goddamn that sneak peak was awesome. This is going to be the best thing Star Wats since Rogue One
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 09:33 PM 11-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Goddamn that sneak peak was awesome. This is going to be the best thing Star Wats since Rogue One
Yep...cannot wait to see this tomorrow.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:05 AM 11-12-2019
MANDO TORRENT OUT
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:40 AM 11-12-2019
So I just read a gizmodo review for the first ep (of course I forgot to save the link...) and it sounds like the best thing ever. They basically said it was everything Lucas had ever wanted from a live action Star Wars show.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:45 AM 11-12-2019
Here it is:
Originally Posted by :
The Mandalorian Is Here and Star Wars Will Never Be the Same

I’m sitting here on my couch having just watched a live-action Star Wars TV series and I still can’t believe it.

This was George Lucas’ dream. A Star Wars TV show that could stand up to the quality of his movies. But, in the past, it simply couldn’t be done. It was too expensive an idea. Now though, with the release of Disney+, not only can it be done, it has been done and Star Wars as we know it will never be the same.

Onto the show itself. Episode one of season one The Mandalorian.

Written and created by Jon Favreau and directed by Star Wars guru Dave Filoni in his first foray into live-action, the episode is not just our introduction to a new time period in Star Wars and a bunch of new characters, it’s a glimpse into what a live-action Star Wars TV show can be. And right off the bat it simply feels right. A little familiar. A little different. Unique, but still Star Wars. There’s no crawl. No big, boisterous musical piece to get things going. Instead, The Mandalorian just drops us off on a planet, with a character, and in about three minutes a giant water slug is biting on a spaceship.

You know. Star Wars shit.
Gets pretty spoiler heavy after that.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-mandalor...the-1839793444
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:07 PM 11-12-2019
So can they just use The Mandalorian to retcon the shit out of everything that happened in TLJ?

Please? I'll get behind any kind of de-aging or digital imaging stuff to make fake Lukes. If you can please just have a world where Rose isn't a thing and Fin's character arc comes to an actual satisfying conclusion by sacrificing himself on PURPOSE instead of because he was ordered to.

Oh, and Luke isn't a shattered husk of himself who mostly just wants to die.

Can we please use this to fix that? I'll pay them LOTS of money for Disney+ if they can make me that promise.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:09 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So can they just use The Mandalorian to retcon the shit out of everything that happened in TLJ?

Please? I'll get behind any kind of de-aging or digital imaging stuff to make fake Lukes. If you can please just have a world where Rose isn't a thing and Fin's character arc comes to an actual satisfying conclusion by sacrificing himself on PURPOSE instead of because he was ordered to.

Oh, and Luke isn't a shattered husk of himself who mostly just wants to die.

Can we please use this to fix that? I'll pay them LOTS of money for Disney+ if they can make me that promise.
After seeing The Mandalorian trailers and presuming it'll be as awesome as I think it will be....I wish they'd just make live action shows from here on out in the SW universe.

There are sooooo many stories and things you could do with a season or 2.

Let the movies sit for a long, long time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:12 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
After seeing The Mandalorian trailers and presuming it'll be as awesome as I think it will be....I wish they'd just make live action shows from here on out in the SW universe.

There are sooooo many stories and things you could do with a season or 2.

Let the movies sit for a long, long time.
Dane sure seems to be suggesting that's exactly what they'll do.

And it's the only sensible path forward. They've murdered the OT property - it's dead.

Just work from a clean sheet and start over.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 153
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up