ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 153
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
keg in kc 08:21 PM 10-14-2020
Regarding the Cara Dune show that's been in development for several months, the most recent thing I read is that it's a team up show with Katee Sackhoff's Bo-Katan. Also heard that Cara has a more prominent role in Mando season 2 and that Lucasfilm execs expect her to be a fan favorite.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:13 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That's is a really, really long tangent to go off on just because I'm not convinced Sasha Banks is playing Sabine...
I was on hold with the IRS.

True story.

I think I must have taken my frustration with being hung up on 3 times while not speaking with a competent agent for nearly 4 hours and channeled into that post.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:55 PM 10-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I have never watched even 10 seconds of wrestling in my life, so I don’t know anything about Sasha Banks, other than what I’ve read since hearing her name bandied about for The Mandalorian. I have no idea what her voice even sounds like, so I have no idea if she can act, at all.

Gina Carano is about as much of an actor as I am, which is to say not very much. She’s very “stiff” in her role on the show, to the point of laughable at times. In Chapter 7, the Mando recruits her for the attack on Neverro, she says no. Then, he appeals to her by mentioning an Imperial Warlord. Her “I’m In” response is so awkward and weird that I laugh every time and think to myself, “How many takes did they do before finally saying ‘That’s a wrap!’”?

It was epically bad acting. I suppose Sasha Banks could be worse but that would require a mighty effort, IMO.
whereas Bill Burr was fantastic. He plays a sarcastic asshole with relish. But, I’d bet if he tried to act doing something other than the sarcastic asshole, he’d flop.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:30 AM 10-15-2020
I was on hold with the IRS.

True story.

I think I must have taken my frustration with being hung up on 3 times while not speaking with a competent agent for nearly 4 hours and channeled into that post.
Sorry for your loss. IRS sucks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:31 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
whereas Bill Burr was fantastic. He plays a sarcastic asshole with relish. But, I’d bet if he tried to act doing something other than the sarcastic asshole, he’d flop.
Most Action/Adventure and Comedic actors are just an extension of their personality.

We all know what we’re going to get with a Sylvester Stallone or Arnold Schwarzenegger or The Rock or Will Smith movie, just as we know what Eddie Murphy or Robin Williams or Steve Martin are going to bring to the screen. But they all have a massive amount of charisma, which is why we watch their movies over and over again, regardless of the “quality” of the story.

Bill Burr is just Bill Burr playing Bill Burr but in a different situation than a stage or podcast or on a talk show. But that can be said of 95% of all TV and film actors. We don’t expect those guys to “disappear” into a role because that’s not why we’re watching. We want to see them kick ass and for it all to end on a happy note.

So Keg’s point was spot on. He’s never seen Sasha Banks display any acting chops, which led him to believe she’d be playing someone other than Sabine, a character that was prominently featured in Star Wars Rebels for 75 episodes.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:01 AM 10-15-2020
Do you guys like my Beskar armor Mando?

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:18 AM 10-15-2020
Most Action/Adventure and Comedic actors are just an extension of their personality.

We all know what we’re going to get with a Sylvester Stallone or Arnold Schwarzenegger or The Rock or Will Smith movie, just as we know what Eddie Murphy or Robin Williams or Steve Martin are going to bring to the screen. But they all have a massive amount of charisma, which is why we watch their movies over and over again, regardless of the “quality” of the story.

Bill Burr is just Bill Burr playing Bill Burr but in a different situation than a stage or podcast or on a talk show. But that can be said of 95% of all TV and film actors. We don’t expect those guys to “disappear” into a role because that’s not why we’re watching. We want to see them kick ass and for it all to end on a happy note.

So Keg’s point was spot on. He’s never seen Sasha Banks display any acting chops, which led him to believe she’d be playing someone other than Sabine, a character that was prominently featured in Star Wars Rebels for 75 episodes.
To be fair to Burr, from the previews, he looked like he did a nice job in that Pete Davidson flick.

Side note: Burr is hilarious when he talks about the filming.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:33 AM 10-15-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
To be fair to Burr, from the previews, he looked like he did a nice job in that Pete Davidson flick.

Side note: Burr is hilarious when he talks about the filming.
Dude, I LOVE Bill Burr!

I've watched every season of "F Is For Family" on Netflix and binge them the day they drop (Season 5 is the final season, which is a bummer but I'm sure he'll move on to something else). I've seen all of his comedy specials multiple times and watched every appearance on Conan O'Brien, which are ridiculously funny.

Burr was also great in Breaking Bad. The dude is a treasure.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:04 PM 10-19-2020

The next chapter begins. Start streaming the new season of #TheMandalorian Oct. 30 on #DisneyPlus. https://t.co/aMW0yJoENL

— The Mandalorian (@themandalorian) October 20, 2020

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:47 AM 10-25-2020

A new leak suggests that the runtime of ‘THE MANDALORIAN’ Season 2 premiere is 52 minutes.

(via: https://t.co/BeUZ6uLCpt) pic.twitter.com/Fa5c2ly0Vt

— DiscussingFilm (@DiscussingFilm) October 24, 2020

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:19 AM 10-27-2020
This might be the best Honest Trailer segment ever, I won't spoil any bits for you.

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:57 PM 10-27-2020
That was pretty sweet.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:01 PM 10-29-2020
It's supposed to be available at 12:00am PST so it looks like I'll be staying up until 1am tonight.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:01 AM 10-30-2020
Watching it now.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:27 AM 10-30-2020
That was a star wars nerd's wet dream right there.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 153
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Up