ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 153
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:30 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
So ready!
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:26 PM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Bill Burr yo!
[Reply]
Frazod 11:31 AM 10-29-2019
So is this going to drop all at once, or weekly like Discovery?
[Reply]
Jerm 11:35 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
So is this going to drop all at once, or weekly like Discovery?
Weekly, 2 episodes in the first week however I believe.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:32 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Weekly, 2 episodes in the first week however I believe.
Assuming it gets good reviews (from people a bit more objective than Clay :-) ), I'll probably pay for a month and watch it when the season has concluded. I already pay for too much subscription stuff.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:05 PM 10-29-2019
Kind of blows my mind that the final Skywalker saga movie in the SW universe is 6 weeks away, but this is what I want to see the most. Because the Mandalorian looks better in every conceivable way
[Reply]
Bowser 10:03 AM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Kind of blows my mind that the final Skywalker saga movie in the SW universe is 6 weeks away, but this is what I want to see the most. Because the Mandalorian looks better in every conceivable way
Yep. And it's kind of sad, really. Episode IX should be the crescendo to decades of the greatest space saga ever told, but it feels like anything but.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 07:20 PM 11-03-2019
In case you have 8:14 to listen to a breakdown of a 1:45 trailer.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:20 AM 11-06-2019
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
Rogue One did an excellent job of nailing the SW vibe, imo. The other films have done a piss poor job.
Rogue One is one of my favorite movies of all the Star Wars movies.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 12:52 PM 11-06-2019
kinda weird that the highlights of the trailer are i6-88 and bill burr. still, it looks much better than any of the Star Woke movies.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:41 PM 11-06-2019
It's actually not IG-88, it's a different IG droid, IG-11, played by Taika Waititi. Supposedly a pretty interesting character, if I remember what I've read, sort of a child-like assassin droid who has no idea of the morality of what he does.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:43 PM 11-06-2019
it's not like IG-88 was interesting at all, anyway

hell, neither was boba fett to be honest - very cool looking guy that had no story

they're taking the idea of what fans had in their heads for boba fett and IG-88 and making something way better

the vibe is exactly the same
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:44 PM 11-06-2019
i still want it to be boba tho
[Reply]
Fishpicker 11:00 PM 11-06-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It's actually not IG-88, it's a different IG droid, IG-11, played by Taika Waititi. Supposedly a pretty interesting character, if I remember what I've read, sort of a child-like assassin droid who has no idea of the morality of what he does.
it sounds dumb on the surface level but it is actually kind of promising. childlike droids are a very Lucas-y concept. R2 threw tantrums and screamed while c3po was a overgrown Fauntleroy
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:25 PM 11-11-2019
So it premieres tomorrow and it hasn’t fully screen for critics. Why?

Some rumbling out there that it’s not that good or it has some sort of twist that’s going to piss Some fans off.

some think the Mandalorian is a woman in some weird twist. Rumors that Pedro Pascal is either the lover, the mentor, or the former dude who wore that armor and he's killed off the first episode or something.

Hmmmmm
[Reply]
Page 4 of 153
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up