ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 153
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:18 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
No, it isn't. Far too early to crown it like that. Episodes are too short and the one a week business sucks ass. Not that the release schedule is the fault of the show itself.

It has tremendous potential. Right now, that's all it is.
The story is about a C+ right now, but the visuals are fantastic. I am getting some Rogue One vibes, but this should be better. Rogue One's characters were forgettable.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:42 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
:-) If only we could go back in time
Star Wars Rebels set the precedence that they can do time travel
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:40 PM 11-20-2019
FWIW, I heard from a very reliable source last night that the budget increased $5 million per episode for Season 2 of The Mandalorian (Season 1 clocked in at $15 million per).

So now, it'll be in the neighborhood of $20 million per episode, which puts it among the most expensive per episode series of all time.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:20 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
No, it isn't. Far too early to crown it like that. Episodes are too short and the one a week business sucks ass. Not that the release schedule is the fault of the show itself.

It has tremendous potential. Right now, that's all it is.
This is the only Star Wars content that I am actually looking forward to watching. Rogue One surprised me by being a damn fine bit of entertainment, in retrospect my favorite Star Wars movie of the entire franchise and I watched the very first one at a drive in when I was 10 years old. So the comparison is fine by me.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:18 AM 11-21-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
This is the only Star Wars content that I am actually looking forward to watching. Rogue One surprised me by being a damn fine bit of entertainment, in retrospect my favorite Star Wars movie of the entire franchise and I watched the very first one at a drive in when I was 10 years old. So the comparison is fine by me.
I'm fairly bummed that I didn't see Rogue One in theaters. It may be my favorite Star Wars movie. I didn't go see it because the trailers were terrible. I don't think they had anything really to do with the movie overall.
[Reply]
RustShack 05:15 PM 11-21-2019
I’m liking it so far, I think it has some good potential.

Side note for some reason Rogue One is the only movie I’ve only seen once(and it was in theaters), I’m going to have to watch it again based on what you guys are saying.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:27 AM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I’m liking it so far, I think it has some good potential.

Side note for some reason Rogue One is the only movie I’ve only seen once(and it was in theaters), I’m going to have to watch it again based on what you guys are saying.
Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie since the first three, IMO.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:39 AM 11-23-2019
On a scale of 1-10, how hard did Clay schoolgirl squee during last night's episode? Myself, probably between a 7 and 8.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:52 AM 11-23-2019
Was Boba Fett the biggest doofus in the galaxy?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:07 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
On a scale of 1-10, how hard did Clay schoolgirl squee during last night's episode? Myself, probably between a 7 and 8.
Mine was an 8 or a 9. I actually had to watch it twice because I couldn’t believe my eyes during that 3rd act.

Sure, we’ve seen that in The Clone Wars animated series and those story arcs (led by Jon Favreau’s Pre Vizla) were always fun and as visually cool as they could be using 2009 3D animation.

But seeing it in Live Action, for me anyway, was stunning.

It’s pretty clear that Favreau has a true reverence for the Mandalorian people and their history, which means that this series could open the door to years of new and fresh story telling throughout the SW Galaxy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:18 PM 11-23-2019
really nice of the mandos to respond to the main character's LFG signal so quickly after the PVP event started

Boba Fett must not have wanted to waste any little birds on Luke :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:42 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Was Boba Fett the biggest doofus in the galaxy?
Neither Jango Fett or his clone, Boba, were true Mandalorians, something Favreau drove home last night's episode.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:45 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
this show is a goddamn boba fett nerd's wet dream

ironically enough i think i squee'd hardest at the alien in the bar dropping an 'e chuta'

OG Star Wars fans know where that came from:

and then there was this:

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:18 PM 11-23-2019
and then there was this.... :-)

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:08 PM 11-23-2019
FYI, last night's episode of The Mandalorian was directed by Deborah Chow, who was recently announced as the Showrunner for the upcoming Obi Wan Kenobi series.

From this vantage point, I think that series is in good hands.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 153
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up