ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 153
1 23451151101 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:53 PM 10-04-2018
Wait this is for real?

Shit- I thought this was a still frame version of the sizzle reels of the supposed Neill Blomkamp / Peter Jackson HALO movie.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:00 PM 10-04-2018
It's for real fam.

I'm guessing it's actually Boba Fett, they're just saving that for a big reveal at the end of season 1, with a flashback of him escaping the Sarlacc.

Drama!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:17 PM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It's for real fam.

I'm guessing it's actually Boba Fett, they're just saving that for a big reveal at the end of season 1, with a flashback of him escaping the Sarlacc.

Drama!
You're probably right, but I hope not.

The prequels wrecked the already contrived mystique of Boba Fett.

Yeah: Mandalorian armor is cool as shit and their sigil is noteworthy enough Halsey has it tattooed on her arm.. but c'mon: the Boba Fett phenomenon is really outta left field..
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 PM 10-04-2018
Doesn't matter. Fanboys will eat it up.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:24 PM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Doesn't matter. Fanboys will eat it up.
Just like they ate up Solo, eh?
[Reply]
Miles 10:28 PM 10-04-2018
Good to see this may not have main characters or obvious prequel like ties to the movies.
[Reply]
Miles 10:31 PM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
You're probably right, but I hope not.

The prequels wrecked the already contrived mystique of Boba Fett.

Yeah: Mandalorian armor is cool as shit and their sigil is noteworthy enough Halsey has it tattooed on her arm.. but c'mon: the Boba Fett phenomenon is really outta left field..
Yeah this has always confused me. Cool as shit armor but not much more or even signs of being competent at his job.
[Reply]
Miles 10:33 PM 10-04-2018
Also this brief synopsis makes this sound like a backwater planet Mandalorian western kinda thing which could be cool as hell.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:50 AM 10-05-2018
When Do I get a “Midichlorians“ series?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:06 AM 10-05-2018
Where is this being broadcast? Part of Disney’s new steaming service?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:12 AM 10-05-2018
Stopped caring at "Kathleen Kennedy." :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:31 AM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Just like they ate up Solo, eh?
Solo was good, champ.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:03 AM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Solo was good, champ.
Actually, it was awesome.

Apparently there weren't enough ugly chicks and beta males to make audiences happy.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:12 PM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Actually, it was awesome.

Apparently there weren't enough ugly chicks and beta males to make audiences happy.
Wasn't it the righties that boycotted this one?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 153
1 23451151101 > Last »
Up