ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>New Star Wars TV & Film Repository
DaneMcCloud 10:50 AM 03-08-2018
There are so many new Star Wars projects that are being announced that I figured it was time to start a thread. I'll update accordingly.

---

Today, it was announced that Jon Favreau will Executive Produce and Write a new Star Wars Live Action series set for Disney's new Streaming Service.

http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-fav...ar-wars-series

March 8, 2018

JON FAVREAU TO EXECUTIVE PRODUCE AND WRITE LIVE-ACTION STAR WARS SERIES. THE DIRECTOR OF IRON MAN AND THE JUNGLE BOOK WILL HELM THE SERIES FOR DISNEY’S NEW DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER PLATFORM.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau is thrilled to be returning to the Star Wars galaxy: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Disney’s collaborations with Favreau extend back a decade, when he helped launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and as an executive producer of the Iron Man and Avengers films for Marvel Studios. For Disney, he directed and produced the massively successful The Jungle Book, which won an Academy Award for its groundbreaking visual effects. He is currently in production on Disney’s highly anticipated reimagining of The Lion King, set for release in 2019.

The untitled Star Wars live-action series does not yet have a release date.

----

http://www.starwars.com/news/game-of...tar-wars-films

ILMS // FEBRUARY 6, 2018

GAME OF THRONES CREATORS DAVID BENIOFF AND D.B. WEISS TO WRITE AND PRODUCE A NEW SERIES OF STAR WARS FILMS

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

“David and Dan are some of the best storytellers working today,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “Their command of complex characters, depth of story and richness of mythology will break new ground and boldly push Star Wars in ways I find incredibly exciting.”

“In the summer of 1977 we traveled to a galaxy far, far away, and we’ve been dreaming of it ever since,” Benioff and Weiss said in a joint statement. “We are honored by the opportunity, a little terrified by the responsibility, and so excited to get started as soon as the final season of Game of Thrones is complete.”

No release dates have been set for the new films, and there have (thankfully) been no sightings of White Walkers around Lucasfilm.

-----
http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-jo...r-wars-trilogy

LUCASFILM // NOVEMBER 9, 2017

RIAN JOHNSON, WRITER-DIRECTOR OF STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, TO CREATE ALL-NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY

For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:43 PM 03-03-2019
oh yeah

you'll be in your fucking seats bitches

YOU KNOW IT
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:43 PM 03-03-2019
Star Wars Galaxys Edge opens at Disneyland in the summer and Disney World in the fall.

Sounds amazing!

https://io9.gizmodo.com/weve-been-to...ver-1832878349
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:27 PM 08-10-2020
Adria Arjona has joined the cast of the Cassian Andor led Rogue One Prequel.

She's starred in Pacific Rim Uprising, 6 Underground and Triple Frontier.

If this series is anything akin to Rogue One in terms of tonality, and I have no reason to believe that it won't, I'll be extremely stoked once the first episode is ready to air.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:45 AM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

If this series is anything akin to Rogue One in terms of tonality, and I have no reason to believe that it won't, I'll be extremely stoked once the first episode is ready to air.
Please let this be what we all want it to be!
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:33 PM 08-11-2020

I was trying to remember what I knew her from, and most recently it was Good Omens on Prime.

Very attractive young lady...
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:52 AM 08-13-2020
Hahah. This sounds awesome! The LEGO Star Wars holiday special!

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-le...-plus-announce

LEARN THE TRUE MEANING OF LIFE DAY WITH A FESTIVE CELEBRATION OF THE ENTIRE SKYWALKER SAGA IN THE CHARMING LEGO STYLE DEBUTING NOVEMBER 17.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year on Kashyyyk, and LEGO Star Wars fans are invited to journey back to Chewbacca’s homeworld for a Wookiee-sized celebration of the galaxy’s most cheerful and magical holiday — Life Day!

This November, The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special, — which premieres on Life Day, November 17, 2020 on Disney+, — will reunite Rey, Finn, Poe, Chewie, Rose and all your favorite droids, from R2-D2 to BB-8, for a joyous feast on Life Day, the holiday first introduced in 1978’s Star Wars Holiday Special. The new LEGO special is the first to debut on the streaming platform and will continue the rich longtime collaboration between Lucasfilm and the LEGO Group — playful adventures told in an endearingly irreverent way.

Set after the events of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Rey leaves her friends to prepare for Life Day as she embarks on a new adventure with BB-8 to gain a deeper knowledge of the Force. At a mysterious Jedi temple, Rey finds herself hurled into a cross-timeline adventure through beloved moments in Star Wars cinematic history, coming into contact with Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi and other iconic heroes and villains from all nine Skywalker saga films. But will she make it back in time for the Life Day feast and learn the true meaning of holiday spirit? You’ll have to watch to find out!

And starting next month, you can get a closer look at some of the holiday-themed characters from the special when the 2020 LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar releases on September 1. This year, the advent calendar was designed in concert with the development and production of the show. DK will also release the LEGO Star Wars Holiday sticker book, which lets brick fans stick instead of click.

The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special is a production of Atomic Cartoons, the LEGO Group, and Lucasfilm. It is directed by Ken Cunningham and written by David Shayne, who is also co-executive producer. James Waugh, Josh Rimes, Jason Cosler, Jacqui Lopez, Jill Wilfert, and Keith Malone are executive producers.

Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates on The LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:50 AM 08-14-2020
OH YEAHHH

[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 04:51 PM 08-15-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
OH YEAHHH

Saw it a few weeks ago on the Grand Screen at the B&B Liberty 12. Look awesome and the sound was amazing as well.

You will thoroughly enjoy it!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:45 PM 08-25-2020
Taika Waititi's Star Wars film will most likely be their next Feature Film to be released in 2023.

The script is being co-written by Taika and Krysty Wilson-Cairns, who co-wrote 1917 with director Sam Mendes.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:59 PM 08-25-2020
Taika Waititi's Star Wars film will most likely be their next Feature Film to be released in 2023.

The script is being co-written by Taika and Krysty Wilson-Cairns, who co-wrote 1917 with director Sam Mendes.
:-)

Hopefully they'll be given the independence to make a good movie.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:56 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
:-)

Hopefully they'll be given the independence to make a good movie.
Taika directed the final episode of The Mandalorian, which is my favorite episode so far. He'll be back for Season 2, along with several other high profile directors including Peyton Reed (Ant Man 1 & 2).

I haven't seen 1917, so I can't attest to the script, but at least KK is hiring A-Listers.

She also said this week that they've been taking a huge step back this year to look at the entire Star Wars Universe, which currently spans about 25,000 years.
Hopefully, Taika's film will be set either far in the past or far into the future because The Mandalorian, the new Obi Wan series along with the Rogue One prequel and the Ahsoka Tano series have the Clone Wars through just before The Force Awakens covered.

It's time for stories in a new era, IMO.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:59 PM 08-25-2020
Agreed.

Smaller more grounded stories seem to be more successful.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:32 PM 08-25-2020
Taika directed the final episode of The Mandalorian, which is my favorite episode so far. He'll be back for Season 2, along with several other high profile directors including Peyton Reed (Ant Man 1 & 2).

I haven't seen 1917, so I can't attest to the script, but at least KK is hiring A-Listers.

She also said this week that they've been taking a huge step back this year to look at the entire Star Wars Universe, which currently spans about 25,000 years.
Hopefully, Taika's film will be set either far in the past or far into the future because The Mandalorian, the new Obi Wan series along with the Rogue One prequel and the Ahsoka Tano series have the Clone Wars through just before The Force Awakens covered.

It's time for stories in a new era, IMO.
You haven't seen 1917? GO WATCH IT IMMEDIATELY! It is absolutely brilliant.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:56 AM 08-26-2020
My annual plea for an Old Republic (and Eternal Empire era) movie

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08-26-2020, 02:16 PM
This message has been deleted by DaneMcCloud.
DaneMcCloud 02:25 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You haven't seen 1917? GO WATCH IT IMMEDIATELY! It is absolutely brilliant.
Yeah, I missed it in theaters, so I'll ask around to see if anyone still has their Academy copy.

If not, I'll watch as soon as it's available on one of the streaming platforms.

Thanks!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up