ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 63
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Media Center>CBS: Star Trek
keg in kc 03:47 PM 11-02-2015

Originally Posted by :
The Next Chapter of the Legendary “Star Trek” TV Franchise Will Premiere on the CBS Television Network, Then Move to CBS All Access Digital Subscription Service

Alex Kurtzman, Co-Writer and Producer of the Blockbuster Films

“Star Trek” and “Star Trek Into Darkness,” to Executive Produce

CBS Studios International to Distribute the Series Globally

For Television and Multiple Platforms

STUDIO CITY, CALIF. AND NEW YORK, N.Y. – Nov. 2, 2015 – CBS Television Studios announced today it will launch a totally new “Star Trek” television series in January 2017. The new series will blast off with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service.

The next chapter of the “Star Trek” franchise will also be distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International.

The new program will be the first original series developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access, a cross-platform streaming service that brings viewers thousands of episodes from CBS’s current and past seasons on demand, plus the ability to stream their local CBS Television station live for $5.99 per month. CBS All Access already offers every episode of all previous “Star Trek” television series.

The brand-new “Star Trek” will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new “Star Trek” TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films “Star Trek” (2009) with Roberto Orci, and “Star Trek Into Darkness” (2013) with Orci and Damon Lindelof. Both films were produced and directed by J.J. Abrams.

The new series will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Kurtzman’s Secret Hideout. Kurtzman and Heather Kadin will serve as executive producers. Kurtzman is also an executive producer for the hit CBS television series SCORPION and LIMITLESS, along with Kadin and Orci, and for HAWAII FIVE-0 with Orci.

“Star Trek,” which will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2016, is one of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time. The original “Star Trek” spawned a dozen feature films and five successful television series. Almost half a century later, the “Star Trek” television series are licensed on a variety of different platforms in more than 190 countries, and the franchise still generates more than a billion social media impressions every month.

Born from the mind of Gene Roddenberry, the original “Star Trek” series debuted on Sept. 8, 1966 and aired for three seasons – a short run that belied the influence it would have for generations. The series also broke new ground in storytelling and cultural mores, providing a progressive look at topics including race relations, global politics and the environment.

“There is no better time to give ‘Star Trek’ fans a new series than on the heels of the original show’s 50th anniversary celebration,” said David Stapf, President, CBS Television Studios. “Everyone here has great respect for this storied franchise, and we’re excited to launch its next television chapter in the creative mind and skilled hands of Alex Kurtzman, someone who knows this world and its audience intimately.”

“This new series will premiere to the national CBS audience, then boldly go where no first-run ‘Star Trek’ series has gone before – directly to its millions of fans through CBS All Access,” said Marc DeBevoise, Executive Vice President/General Manager – CBS Digital Media. “We’ve experienced terrific growth for CBS All Access, expanding the service across affiliates and devices in a very short time. We now have an incredible opportunity to accelerate this growth with the iconic ‘Star Trek,’ and its devoted and passionate fan base, as our first original series.”

“Every day, an episode of the ‘Star Trek’ franchise is seen in almost every country in the world,” said Armando Nuñez, President and CEO, CBS Global Distribution Group. “We can’t wait to introduce ‘Star Trek’s’ next voyage on television to its vast global fan base.”

CBS All Access offers its customers more than 7,500 episodes from the current television season, previous seasons and classic shows on demand nationwide, as well as the ability to stream local CBS stations live in more than 110 markets. Subscribers can use the service online and across devices via CBS.com, the CBS App for iOS, Android and Windows 10, as well as on connected devices such as Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Roku players and Roku TV, with more connected devices to come.

The new television series is not related to the upcoming feature film “Star Trek Beyond,” which is scheduled to be distributed by Paramount Pictures in summer 2016

[Reply]
keg in kc 05:09 AM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I just had an odd random thought. The Discovery went forward in time at the end of the last episode. Suppose they do one of those internet mini episodes showing the crew trying to make it back, involving the spore drive. It works but they collide with themselves and **** up the whole timeline. Pike's Enterprise takes the place of the original series in that universe. And that's what we get to watch starting in season three.
Only if Pike isn't part of it...

https://trekmovie.com/2019/03/18/rep...very-season-3/
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:30 AM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

The other day I stumbled across an episode of the science fiction podcast Escape Pod which featured Anson Mount reading the classic Theodore Sturgeon (Amok Time, Shore Leave) short story The Man Who Lost the Sea. It's quite good, imo.

Link below.

http://escapepod.org/2019/01/31/esca...shback-friday/
[Reply]
Frazod 12:52 PM 08-31-2019

That's fine. I hope to Christ somebody is smart enough to develop a Mount-helmed series that focuses solely on the Enterprise. They have to know the potential such a show would have.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:00 PM 08-31-2019

That's manufactured news. The website just took a story that was published six months ago and made a new story based on old info. Not to say that it's untrue, just that it's rehashed old info.

By Nellie Andreeva, Dominic Patten

[Reply]
keg in kc 06:21 AM 09-01-2019
That was the first link that came up in google yesterday. I'm sure the deadline article was the I read originally. Either way, he's done.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:02 PM 09-01-2019
That was the first link that came up in google yesterday. I'm sure the deadline article was the I read originally. Either way, he's done.
He's done on Discovery, but not on Trek. They announced a while ago that they're doing six more of those 15 minute Trek shorts, and three of them will focus on Pike and the Enterprise.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:09 PM 09-13-2019
Somehow discovery won a Saturn Award for Best Streaming Science Fiction Show, beating out Russian Doll (which is AWESOME), Black Mirror, and The Expanse (not sure how that's
a streaming show since it was on SyFy until this upcoming season, but w/e).
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:44 PM 10-05-2019

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:50 AM 10-06-2019
So season 3 is gonna be "What Andromeda should have been had they got permission to use StarTrek IP and didn't have to resort to casting Kevin Sorbo?"

Well okay then. They should be able to pull it off.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:04 PM 10-15-2020
First episode was pretty interesting to me. It's kind of like that traditional fantasy trope where there's this lost almost mythical civilization, but this time it's The Federation. Which I think is really cool. And I can't remember Star Trek ever doing something quite like this.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:51 AM 10-31-2020
Love the post-apocalyptic theme at the end of the first episode. Explore and rebuild, etc. Absolutely hate the Burnham character. I can't imagine how she could be any whinier. Just super annoying. Hope she gets better in later episodes and the post-apocalyptic theme isn't just a throw away transition the first few episodes.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:18 PM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Love the post-apocalyptic theme at the end of the first episode. Explore and rebuild, etc. Absolutely hate the Burnham character. I can't imagine how she could be any whinier. Just super annoying. Hope she gets better in later episodes and the post-apocalyptic theme isn't just a throw away transition the first few episodes.
Good luck with that. She is what is.
[Reply]
unlurking 12:32 PM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Good luck with that. She is what is.

Sadly. Was hoping more characters would at least dampen her annoyance factor. Halfway through episode 2 and it looks like I'm getting an extra dose of Tilley. Even more annoying than she was in previous seasons.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:02 PM 10-31-2020
Are these Star Trek programs worth watching?

Or should I just wait until Srange New Worlds has been released, with Anson Mount as Pike?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:06 PM 10-31-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Are these Star Trek programs worth watching?

Or should I just wait until Srange New Worlds has been released, with Anson Mount as Pike?
Season 2 of Discovery is better than Season 1 though the latter improved in the last half of the episodes.

Not subbed for CBS All Access so I couldn't tell you about Lower Decks or Season 3 so far.

Edit: And S2 was great because of Mount as Pike.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 63
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up