ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 251
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Gonzo 06:11 PM 09-01-2015
I've put in the first hour and so far? I'm going to love this game. They must've put months and months of work into the first scenes. The cinematics are the best I've seen in a game and that's saying a lot when you have games like Witcher 3 and TLOU remastered.

Pestilence, I'd look at this one first and Mad Max second. It's open world, the graphics are perfect and it even has flaming whales. (Not gay but literally a whale that was on fire and ate a chopper)
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:23 PM 09-01-2015
I'll pick it up.
[Reply]
Gonzo 06:42 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I'll pick it up.
I think it's up your alley. Bucks right, it does have far cry type activities but man, I've never seen Graphics like this. I'm fairly unfamiliar with the MGS storyline.
My first question here is:
I know he's got "foreign materials" in his body from explosions such as shrapnel and human teeth/bones. Is this why he's suddenly growing horns? Like, really?
[Reply]
Buck 08:04 PM 09-01-2015
The beginning of the game was intense as fuck. After that part it's been really enjoyable. I'm looking forward to fighting more of the guys we saw in that opener though. I've been playing all day but each mission in going as slow as possible, scouting and whatnot.
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:10 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Buck:
The beginning of the game was intense as fuck. After that part it's been really enjoyable. I'm looking forward to fighting more of the guys we saw in that opener though. I've been playing all day but each mission in going as slow as possible, scouting and whatnot.
Have you ever seen graphics like these? I mean Christ, that first mission? Riding thru the desert was impressive as hell.
[Reply]
Buck 12:32 AM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Have you ever seen graphics like these? I mean Christ, that first mission? Riding thru the desert was impressive as hell.

I've never seen a PS4 game that looked this good. I got it on PS4 instead of PC because I wanted another couch game.

Some PC games have great graphics, but you'd still be hard pressed to find a PC game that looks better than this on PS4. I wonder how it looks on PC.

Also ~12 hours and 5% complete lol. This game is gonna be epic.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:42 PM 09-03-2015
God damn it. Time to dish out another $60
[Reply]
RobBlake 12:33 AM 09-04-2015
MGS is usually a hit.. the one on PS1 was ridiculously good.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:10 PM 09-04-2015
I've put in 20 hrs and I'm sitting at 8% completion. The game is ridiculously huge.
[Reply]
Buck 01:30 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
I've put in 20 hrs and I'm sitting at 8% completion. The game is ridiculously huge.

I didn't play last night but I know I'm at 7%, and I probably have between 20 and 30 hours. It's possible to just rush through the story, but it's more fun to explore and capture new soldiers.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 01:42 PM 09-04-2015
Just bought it, loaded it up, and had to pick the kid up from school. :-)
[Reply]
Buck 09:47 PM 09-04-2015
I figured out that the % has to do with how many tasks you complete in a mission rather than how many missions you've done. I've only done 7 and was at 7%. I started mission 1 over and had previously finished 2 of 6 tasks. Well I finished the last 4 for 6/6 and then I was at 8%.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 10:06 PM 09-05-2015
I've followed the MGS storyline from 1-4, but concluded the MGS story from that point.

I know there's MGS: PeaceWalker and MGS: Ground Zeroes that have relevance in the storyline from thereon. Any chance I'd be completely lost if I decided to just jump into MGS5?
[Reply]
Gonzo 01:35 AM 09-06-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Gonzo 01:53 AM 09-06-2015
My personal opinion about the best games (so far) of 2015:

1. Bloodborne
2. Witcher 3
3. Alien Isolation
4. Far cry 4
5. Dying Light
6. Rocket League
7. Life is Strange
8. Wolfenstein (new order and old blood)
9. MLB 15
10. Valiant Hearts

Edit: Phantom Pain is not on this since I haven't beat it yet.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 251
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up