ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 251
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:53 AM 11-28-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Worst games (I've played) so far this year.

5. Madden 2015
What can you say about this game that hasn't been said? It's the same old shit that it's been since 2011. Crappy franchise mode, last-gen graphics and dull announcers that say the same shit each year make this year's submission the same old boring game. If EA would just take some time and make some sweeping changes, they wouldn't have such a poor reputation.

4. The Order 1886
Beautiful graphics aside, this game was an abortion. It's the same old cover-based shooter that we've played time and time again. Total gameplay time of about 6 or 7 hours doesn't help whatsoever. Yes, it's a beautiful game but there was no final boss fight. The "warewolves" that the game revolved around made two or three appearances and the fight was just a QTE.
Very shitty effort.
I had the order preordered and was trying to talk myself into it while play, but just couldn't. What a fucking disappointment. Live and learn. Will never preorder in full for a game like that.

Madden is shit and will never be good until they get competition.

Loved 2K back in the day because of price and their ESPN halftime shows and stuff. Wish Madden had more of that in the game. They also don't put effort into the sidelines. It's a shit show constantly. Just no realism to it at all. There franchise mode now sucks. Bring back the old one.

They just don't put effort into it because they don't need to. The cash cow will continue to be fed. I do it because it's the only NFL game.

I am proud of MLB the show. No competition and their game is awesome, detailed and looks gorgeous.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:08 PM 11-28-2015
And the worst ****ing game I've played this year?

Evolve

Assholes! Turtle Rock can suck my ass. There I was, excited about this game for weeks.
I get it and it's complete shit. It's a running simulator that's exceedingly unbalanced. That's all it is. There's no campaign, no real single player to speak of and the multiplayer is once again full of micro transactions.
**** you Turtle Rock. Your game sucked ass. I took this piece of shit "pay to win" experience back to the store 2 days after purchase.
Very disappointing.
I was excited for it when it was first revealed but I immediately lost interest when Turtle Rock said that it was "built from the ground up for DLC" ... then they announced like 10 different pre-order bonuses and I knew that this would be a game I'd never play.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:12 PM 11-28-2015
Ok, just FYI

I got dying light and until dawn confused. You can see why, amitite?

Lol

#5 was dying light. 6 was until dawn.

I take it you didn't see my post..
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:43 PM 11-28-2015
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
I had the order preordered and was trying to talk myself into it while play, but just couldn't. What a ****ing disappointment. Live and learn. Will never preorder in full for a game like that.
There are only a select few developers that I will preorder from. Bethesda, Gearbox (Borderlands series only), and Firaxis are it. I would put in Valve but Half-Life 3 will come out like six hours before the end of the world.

Originally Posted by :
Madden is shit and will never be good until they get competition.

Loved 2K back in the day because of price and their ESPN halftime shows and stuff. Wish Madden had more of that in the game. They also don't put effort into the sidelines. It's a shit show constantly. Just no realism to it at all. There franchise mode now sucks. Bring back the old one.

They just don't put effort into it because they don't need to. The cash cow will continue to be fed. I do it because it's the only NFL game.

I am proud of MLB the show. No competition and their game is awesome, detailed and looks gorgeous.
NCAA was better since it was a more polished Madden from the year before. I wish someone would take up the NCAA license again but fear of lawsuits will prevent it. Never sure why EA didn't put in a limited randomizer to prevent that. Lazy most likely.
[Reply]
hometeam 08:36 PM 11-28-2015
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
I was surprised how much I liked Dying Light.

That's disappointing about Evolve. Thought it'd be cool.

I'm hoping this Jason multiplayer idea works out (although unlikely). It'd be fun trying to run around and slash your friends lol. (Big horror movie fan here)
Yea was pretty amped for Evolve but it ended up sucking balls
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:44 PM 11-28-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Yea was pretty amped for Evolve but it ended up sucking balls
That's why I never bought it.
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:28 PM 11-28-2015
Evolve could have been something else. Make it a huge open world! God damn, how cool would it be to have an open world about 10 or 20 times the size of their current maps and have 2 or 3 monsters, 7 to 10 Hunter's all trying to organize, setting up weapons, defenses and the beasts evolve while trying to avoid hunting parties?
The Hunter's can talk over the mic but the monsters have to roar of pound the ground to locate each other. Maybe leaving scent trails for other monsters?

See? How tough would that have been? I should so develop games for a living.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:15 AM 11-29-2015
Stimpak me up, doc. I've gotta get this shit done.
Mole rat meat, anyone?

Ok, where to start? Well, let's go with the story.

Fallout 4 takes place in the post apocalyptic colony of Massachusetts, which includes Boston and all its suburbian areas. You and your family take refuge in Vault 111 in order to escape the nuclear fallout right after the Chinese launch their nukes at the US.
You awaken a bit later in a cryogenic stasis pod and hilarity ensues. I won't spoil the story but things happen that require you to walk about the wasteland and rank up your character.
Like with the last few submissions by Bethesda, the "Creation Engine" is being used once again. This is the same engine they used for Skyrim and Fallout 3. The graphics are a bit better but you still have those same old strange bugs.
The good thing about the engine is that on PC, you can download a shit ton of mods to really enhance the gameplay. Shit like nude npc's, kitten launchers, hot pink power armor and so on.

The game is very entertaining, don't get me wrong here. However, come on Bethesda... How about retiring this old girl for something a bit less, uh 2010?
The glitches get a little old as do the load times. You do get past the graphics because the story and gameplay is pretty awesome. I guess my main bitch here is the following.

This is supposed to be an RPG, right? All the other Fallouts allowed the player to be either a Good Samaritan or a real douchebag. Not anymore. There are plenty of the usual RPG elements here but there's a lot missing, too.
The dialogue options have been "streamlined" as well which is kind of annoying. You don't know what exactly the character is going to say occasionally. That can get a little tricky.

So, apart from the glitches, graphics and 'streamlined' RPG stuff, is this a good game?
Well, you probably read my Top games of 2015. Yes, it's a great f'ing game and it's worth every penny of the 60 bucks they're charging. It will give you 100 hours of enjoyment on your first play-through, probably more.
You can build settlements in a Sim City type mechanic. Build houses, furniture, stores, lighting, farms, water purification centers etc.
There's no limit to the time wasting you can do here. Mod your guns and your power armor, go on long hikes just to see what is over the next ridge.

It's an awesome game with some technical issues. That aside, go pick this up for Xmas. You'll love it.
Final score: 8.5 out of 10.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:48 AM 11-30-2015
Good god I have 8 of Gonzo's top 10 games..only ones I don't have are assassins creed and life is strange, that's funny to me.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:26 AM 12-01-2015
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Good god I have 8 of Gonzo's top 10 games..only ones I don't have are assassins creed and life is strange, that's funny to me.
Those two are not "must play" games either. I just really enjoyed them. For Ubisoft to actually put forth effort in an AC game makes me optimistic.
[Reply]
Gonzo 02:00 AM 12-02-2015
How do you take a (nearly) perfect game and make it even better? Well, for once a DLC came out that was worth a shit.
The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne isn't just some stupid add-on for an average AAA game. It accentuates the game and gives even the best player one hell of a challenge. Hell, even accessing the DLC is a challenge. You have to beat the first few levels and progress through the first three boss levels before you have the opportunity.
I highly recommend you get to at least level 65 before you try to tackle this part of the game, by the way.

Now then, one of the major complaints about Bloodborne was the lack of weapon types and armor. They heard the bitchings and have installed several really cool new weapons like a circular saw on a mace, an amygdaloid limb to slap opponents and my favorite, the moonlight sword.
You can also set your character up with a new beast rune or a "Kin" rune that transforms you into said species.
The boss levels are beyond difficult but From Soft also added aLn option where you can call upon an "Old Hunter" to assist you throu bosses or particularly difficult areas. These NPC's are actually decent for once as well.

Getting back to the weapons, there are, (by my count) at least 10 new options including a shield that's worth two shits.
Four new bosses, several 1 on 1 NPC Hunter fights and a plethora of new and different enemies really complete this game. It's one hell of a challenge and it locked itself in for game of the year for me. I was on the fence between BBorne and Witcher 3 but after putting in a solid 10 hours on the DLC, (raising total gameplay to at least 65 hours for the average player) I had to give it to this beautifully produced game.
The music, graphics, environments and "oh shit" factor is perfect.

The DLC scores a 9.5 out of 10 and it solidifies BBorne at a perfect 10 for 10.

My ok complaint about The Old Hunters is the difficulty. It's a bit too challenging early on but once you get used to it, you'll be fine.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:57 AM 12-02-2015
Witcher 3 on sale for $25.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8338643-the-...=2#commentsBox
[Reply]
hometeam 02:37 PM 12-02-2015
Sooo Just Cause 3 is fucking KILLER!!

If you liked JC2 you will love 3.

Graphics are beautiful, explosions are big, asses are kicked.

The best part is just fucking around in the huge, beautiful open world.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:29 PM 12-04-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Sooo Just Cause 3 is fucking KILLER!!

If you liked JC2 you will love 3.

Graphics are beautiful, explosions are big, asses are kicked.

The best part is just fucking around in the huge, beautiful open world.
I will be all over JC3 when I get tired of Fallout 4. I loved JC2.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:42 AM 12-05-2015
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
I will be all over JC3 when I get tired of Fallout 4. I loved JC2.
Good idea waiting. It's got a shit ton of issues.

A game I might recommend to you if you havent played it is Prototype 2. They just re-released it for next gen consoles and it's a huge, weird, open world game that's a lot like JC.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 251
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up