ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 251
1 23451151101 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:41 AM 08-31-2015
I'd wait on Mad Max to see how the reviews are. I'm hoping with a Far Cry 4 clone...but I'm not counting on it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:10 AM 08-31-2015
Im so behind with video games. I finally picked up Red Dead Redemption last night....
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:11 AM 08-31-2015
And if it were me, I'd go Mad Max. I watched it this weekend. Bad ass.
[Reply]
Swanman 11:15 AM 08-31-2015
Metal Gear Solid 5 got a 10 on IGN. IGN can be idiotic with ratings at times, but it doesn't give out a 10 unless it's an amazing game. Even if Mad Max is great, it will likely not be as good as MGS 5, but it also comes down to personal preference.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:20 AM 08-31-2015
Just get MGS5. You know you're going to anyway, lol.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:33 AM 08-31-2015
Me, I'll probably hold out for an oldie but goodie...

[Reply]
Lzen 11:35 AM 08-31-2015
I dunno, man. I'm a big fan of the Metal Gear Solid series but that trailer just looks.....weird. That Mad Max game looks pretty cool.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:02 PM 08-31-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I'd wait on Mad Max to see how the reviews are. I'm hoping with a Far Cry 4 clone...but I'm not counting on it.
I'm really getting the feeling that you hit the nail on the head here. I think it's going to be exactly that.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:04 PM 08-31-2015
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Metal Gear Solid 5 got a 10 on IGN. IGN can be idiotic with ratings at times, but it doesn't give out a 10 unless it's an amazing game. Even if Mad Max is great, it will likely not be as good as MGS 5, but it also comes down to personal preference.
I don't trust IGN for shit... I wonder if they were a part of Konami's Boot Camp for this game.

If you haven't heard, Konami decided to allow reviewers early access, in a locked room under direct supervision.
Can you say Stockholm Syndrome boys and girls?

Game companies can be so shady sometimes but Konami is one of the worst.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:09 PM 08-31-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just get MGS5. You know you're going to anyway, lol.
Yeah, I'm leaning that way. Both look outstanding though.

Maybe I'll just say fuck it and get both along with 2 cases of red bull, some amphetamines and Ten Taco Bell Grande Meals.
Sounds like an awesome weekend.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:13 PM 08-31-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:

Maybe I'll just say fuck it and get both along with 2 cases of red bull, some amphetamines and Ten Taco Bell Grande Meals.

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:19 PM 08-31-2015

Might want to move your PS4 and TV into the bathroom then.
[Reply]
Swanman 12:44 PM 08-31-2015
I don't trust IGN for shit... I wonder if they were a part of Konami's Boot Camp for this game.

If you haven't heard, Konami decided to allow reviewers early access, in a locked room under direct supervision.
Can you say Stockholm Syndrome boys and girls?

Game companies can be so shady sometimes but Konami is one of the worst.
I don't completely trust IGN either. However, in this case they are right with the overall trend. Metacritic has it at a 95, which is an insane score for that site.

They went open-world with this so you basically manage a mercenary team, so it sounds like it has some XCOM-like elements where you put resources into different items like R&D for upgrades.
[Reply]
DaveNull 05:15 PM 08-31-2015
I played Ground Zeroes and was reminded how fucking hard the whole series is.

I'm still working my way through Arkham Knight while I wait for the two winter games to hit (Call of Duty and Fallout), but if I were picking one today it would probably be Metal Gear.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 251
1 23451151101 > Last »
Up