ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 37
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Fear the Walking Dead (TWD companion series)
Fire Me Boy! 02:51 PM 03-27-2015

IT'S OFFICIAL! The walking dead companion show on AMC is called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD! Expect more news very soon! #FearTheWalkingDead

— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) March 27, 2015

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:13 PM 08-31-2015
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Agreed. Damn two week break already.
Nobody watches TV on holiday weekends.
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:45 PM 08-31-2015
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
I remember reading an interview a looooong time ago, and kirkman stated "we will never find out how the virus/sickness/whatever started.

I think that's why i'm not really disappointed. and this past week was def more entertaining than the premiere. ready for the dumbass daughter to bite it.
I have to agree. The first week was a little slow but I thought it was good. Second week was much better. I think the 3rd week is going to be awesome. Wish they wouldn't have put a hiatus with just 2 weeks in but beggars can't be choosers. Compared to the Walking Dead I like this show much better already. Better acting and we eventually get to see the shit hit the fan.

Walking dead had a pretty good first season and the season where they first came to the farm but the only reason I keep watching now is zombies. The acting is shit and so is the story line.
[Reply]
jimidollar 11:30 PM 08-31-2015
After reading some of the online reviews, it appears that the biggest gripe is that the show has killed off three black characters! RACISTS!!!
[Reply]
kepp 08:41 AM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
I remember reading an interview a looooong time ago, and kirkman stated "we will never find out how the virus/sickness/whatever started.

I think that's why i'm not really disappointed. and this past week was def more entertaining than the premiere. ready for the dumbass daughter to bite it.
It makes sense IMO. If you reveal the cause then you automatically create the endgame, and the plot has to tend toward it, making the end of the show inevitable. And in this case, the end of two shows.

With that said, I'm really liking it so far. Yea, some of the characters are annoying (I was audibly saying, "Shut up, woman!" to the ex-wife character while watching), but that's better than no emotion towards them at all.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:17 AM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by jimidollar:
After reading some of the online reviews, it appears that the biggest gripe is that the show has killed off three black characters! RACISTS!!!
#FakeBlackCharacterLivesMatter
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:54 AM 09-01-2015
It's just ok. I'm not really looking forward to watching it like I do the original.

The story in the original is infinitely better, btw. So far all we have are liberals running around and whiney kids with drug issues.

They've been following the comics almost to the letter on TWD. I suppose if you're unfamiliar with it or just 'watch for zombies' then you'll probably like the spinoff more.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:01 AM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
Read "Apocalypse Z:The Beginning of the End". It has what you are looking for.

FTWD is loaded with a cast of full-retards. The only character that is interesting is the pimple-faced teen.

We need an antagonist badly.
For now, the "disease" is the antagonist. I don't think you'll get a character antagonist in only 6 episodes.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:28 AM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
For now, the "disease" is the antagonist. I don't think you'll get a character antagonist in only 6 episodes.
From the season preview, it looks like the police/army are going to be major antagonists.
[Reply]
notorious 11:31 AM 09-01-2015
I think the barber shop owner is going to be one hell of an antagonist.

Not quite Shane good, though.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:33 AM 09-01-2015
By the way, at the end of the last episode, they did something that drives me nuts in shows like this:

Daughter: Mom, what's happening?

Mom: *silence*

Daughter: Tell me what's going on.

Mom: *moody look; stare out window*

Daughter: (should have said)

[Reply]
notorious 12:32 PM 09-01-2015
The hot daughter is hot.

She is also extremely stupid for a smart girl.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:48 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Frosty:
By the way, at the end of the last episode, they did something that drives me nuts in shows like this:

:-)
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:15 PM 09-01-2015

This in a nutshell has been my frustration with both TWD and FTWD. All hell is breaking loose or the world has ended, by all means keep things quite and don't tell your loved ones what you have seen or had to do.

I will credit where it's due though. In the scene where Mom (I forget her name) has to kill walker principal it took a few hits to the head. My guess is that he's a "new" walker and his skull is not rotted away. Nice little detail, at least I'd like to think that was what they were going for.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:20 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
This in a nutshell has been my frustration with both TWD and FTWD. All hell is breaking loose or the world has ended, by all means keep things quite and don't tell your loved ones what you have seen or had to do.

I will credit where it's due though. In the scene where Mom (I forget her name) has to kill walker principal it took a few hits to the head. My guess is that he's a "new" walker and his skull is not rotted away. Nice little detail, at least I'd like to think that was what they were going for.
Yeah, it got me wondering at what point do their skulls turned into Papier-mâché?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 03:31 PM 09-01-2015
Yeah, it got me wondering at what point do their skulls turned into Papier-mâché?
I recall that the show creators talked about how the walkers in FTWD would not be as "broken down" as the walkers are in TWD. Since this is the outbreak of the walkers they are are "stronger" then the walkers in the later seasons of TWD.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 37
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up