ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 37
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Fear the Walking Dead (TWD companion series)
Fire Me Boy! 02:51 PM 03-27-2015

IT'S OFFICIAL! The walking dead companion show on AMC is called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD! Expect more news very soon! #FearTheWalkingDead

— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) March 27, 2015

[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:09 AM 08-26-2015
I think it moved a little too fast. I would have liked a little more back story through the kid who tried to smuggle the knife into school. See what he had heard through the internet, where it started, what the original rumors were, etc.
[Reply]
kepp 08:54 AM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I think it moved a little too fast. I would have liked a little more back story through the kid who tried to smuggle the knife into school. See what he had heard through the internet, where it started, what the original rumors were, etc.
I'm hoping that kid plays a role in the future of the show.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:20 AM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
It really bored the shit out of me, honestly. Not sure if I continue with the series. It is only 6 episodes long though, so one would think the shit has to pick up fairly soon in order to generate any type of interest for a second season.

It started off great, and then it just ****ing ground to a mind numbing crawl, with literally zero payoff at the end of the episode.
Well, it's about to speed up.

The writers of these two shows aren't stupid. When rick gets hurt there's nothing about the walking dead - when he wakes up the world is already over.

What's the absolute most a man in a coma can last? Two weeks? Probably not even that. FTWD might start slow but just based on the timeline we already know this thing has to spread like an epidemic, nation wide, in less than a week...
[Reply]
Bambi 12:13 PM 08-26-2015
It's gonna be The Strain.

sucks
[Reply]
frankotank 02:40 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by Bambi:
It's gonna be The Strain.

sucks
no way it's gonna be THAT BAD!

(and my stupid ass is still watching the strain too...:-))
[Reply]
Bambi 04:40 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:

You know we're gonna get a few episodes here at the beginning where the family is running around and everyone else doesn't believe them or can't figure out what they're talking about.

In the strain is the NYPD still ignoring rampant zombie murder all over the city? That was my favorite part of that show.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:48 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:

This. On both counts
[Reply]
thabear04 10:03 PM 08-30-2015
So this show coming back in two more weeks wth.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 10:57 PM 08-30-2015
Agreed. Damn two week break already. I like it so far. Moving fast but you can still build characters that way.
[Reply]
Kman34 06:04 AM 08-31-2015
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Agreed. Damn two week break already. I like it so far. Moving fast but you can still build characters that way.
Still really disappointed that there is no back story on how this virus got started and why when someone dies they turn into a walker...
[Reply]
KC_Lee 06:54 AM 08-31-2015
Might be done with this show. It's not the pacing or need to more explosions, it's the characters. I hate all of the main characters, I want each and everyone of them the become Walker chow as quickly as possible. These whiny, self absorbed, self serving masses of humanity need to die.

This series could have been (and probably should have been) a two night event consisting of two 3 hour shows. We all know how this is going to end, the world is going to become overrun with the dead. So any suspense about the overall end game is out the window.

As KMan said, let's get some background of what caused this, how it started, who was responsible. Make it vague and up for debate or come right out and say it but good gravy can we feed these characters to the walkers soon?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:34 AM 08-31-2015
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Might be done with this show. It's not the pacing or need to more explosions, it's the characters. I hate all of the main characters, I want each and everyone of them the become Walker chow as quickly as possible. These whiny, self absorbed, self serving masses of humanity need to die.

This series could have been (and probably should have been) a two night event consisting of two 3 hour shows. We all know how this is going to end, the world is going to become overrun with the dead. So any suspense about the overall end game is out the window.

As KMan said, let's get some background of what caused this, how it started, who was responsible. Make it vague and up for debate or come right out and say it but good gravy can we feed these characters to the walkers soon?
I agree on the characters, but maybe they are trying to show a different side to people. These guys are from LA, they live a much different life than Rick and the crew. Notice how nobody has any guns, the riots between cops and citizenry, it's just a different world than TWD.

I'm still not hating it, and I'm willing to give it more time. Two week break sucks though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:24 PM 08-31-2015
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:

This.

I'm not giving up on it yet, but the writers really need to get into the details more, if its supposed to be a prequel then make it a proper prequel where we get the backstory.
[Reply]
notorious 05:40 PM 08-31-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Read "Apocalypse Z:The Beginning of the End". It has what you are looking for.

FTWD is loaded with a cast of full-retards. The only character that is interesting is the pimple-faced teen.

We need an antagonist badly.
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:10 PM 08-31-2015
I remember reading an interview a looooong time ago, and kirkman stated "we will never find out how the virus/sickness/whatever started.

I think that's why i'm not really disappointed. and this past week was def more entertaining than the premiere. ready for the dumbass daughter to bite it.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 37
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up