ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 37
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Fear the Walking Dead (TWD companion series)
Fire Me Boy! 02:51 PM 03-27-2015

IT'S OFFICIAL! The walking dead companion show on AMC is called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD! Expect more news very soon! #FearTheWalkingDead

— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) March 27, 2015

[Reply]
Kman34 05:51 AM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
It was pretty good, I thought. It's probably gonna take a bit for people to warm up to it because of the familiarity of the cast of TWD, but I thought it was a promising start.
Yeah, I liked it but I still want to know why when someone dies they turn into a Zombie... Where did the Virus come from? Is it in the food, airborne, military weapon gone bad?
[Reply]
Mr. Pink 06:48 AM 08-24-2015
I liked it. It was pretty much what I thought it would be. Not as good as Walking Dead but it was good and has potential.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:00 AM 08-24-2015
Slow start, clunky foreshadowing ("nature always wins", chaos theory being taught), not a lot of personality in the main characters yet. Willing to give it a shot and see where this goes.

What's the over / under on the heroin addict son that seems to be a cross between two Johnny Depp characters, Edward Scissorhands & Capt. Jack Sparrow?
[Reply]
Barret 07:30 AM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
What's the over / under on the heroin addict son that seems to be a cross between two Johnny Depp characters, Edward Scissorhands & Capt. Jack Sparrow?
Lets hope they don't go this way but........He will cause a death of some major character or something cause he was too high or not reacting well to going cold turkey. This will cause him to re-think his drug using ways and then will turn his life around as all life gets turned upside down.

Or he is the type that keeps getting everyone in life or death situations but no one has the balls to just pull a Shane, pop him in the knee, and let the walkers take him.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:45 AM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Slow start, clunky foreshadowing ("nature always wins", chaos theory being taught), not a lot of personality in the main characters yet. Willing to give it a shot and see where this goes.

They're also trying to be too cute with making the heroin addict a "living" zombie. It was really bad the way they had him shamble around after escaping the hospital. A little heavy handed.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:36 AM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
They're also trying to be too cute with making the heroin addict a "living" zombie. It was really bad the way they had him shamble around after escaping the hospital. A little heavy handed.
Had not thought of that but a great point / call out.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:48 AM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Yeah, I liked it but I still want to know why when someone dies they turn into a Zombie... Where did the Virus come from? Is it in the food, airborne, military weapon gone bad?
I'm hoping they cover this at some point, since basically I though that was kind of the premise for this spinoff. If it ends up just being another follow a crew of people as they battle zombies deal, there is no way it can hang with the original.
[Reply]
Frosty 09:26 AM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by Barret:
Lets hope they don't go this way but........He will cause a death of some major character or something cause he was too high or not reacting well to going cold turkey. This will cause him to re-think his drug using ways and then will turn his life around as all life gets turned upside down.

Or he is the type that keeps getting everyone in life or death situations but no one has the balls to just pull a Shane, pop him in the knee, and let the walkers take him.
I'll bet he cleans up (unrealistically) quickly and becomes some kind of leader. That's the feeling I got from the way he took over in the tunnel at the end.
[Reply]
KevB 09:41 AM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I agree, it was a bit over done. However, he was hit by a car and is a junkie, so I suppose there's some realism to his shuffling around.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:43 AM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I'll bet he cleans up (unrealistically) quickly and becomes some kind of leader. That's the feeling I got from the way he took over in the tunnel at the end.
He's already pretty messed up, so the end of the world might not effect him as much.
[Reply]
KevB 09:43 AM 08-24-2015
I liked it for a first episode. I like the actors portraying the parents, so I'm interested in their future. I'm with others in the thread though --- I want to know what caused it. Or at least some theories that were devised by smart people (i.e. CDC, etc.) at the time of the outbreak.
[Reply]
Frosty 10:25 AM 08-24-2015
I have to say that I'm getting a bit tired of all of these shows centering on dysfunctional families. TWD and The Strain both did it, too. It just seems more "soap opera"-ish and a bunch of lazy drama for the writers to put out there.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 10:52 AM 08-24-2015
Originally Posted by Otter:
Won't last more than a couple episodes.
:-)

Riiight...
[Reply]
kepp 12:00 PM 08-24-2015
I just watched it over my lunch break and really liked it. This is what was missing at the beginning of TWD. Hopefully they get into why its happening. Looking forward to the next episode.
[Reply]
thabear04 02:09 PM 08-24-2015
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fear-the-wa...446191155.html
[Reply]
Page 6 of 37
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up