ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 37
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>Fear the Walking Dead (TWD companion series)
Fire Me Boy! 02:51 PM 03-27-2015

IT'S OFFICIAL! The walking dead companion show on AMC is called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD! Expect more news very soon! #FearTheWalkingDead

— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) March 27, 2015

[Reply]
vailpass 03:51 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Might be done with this show. It's not the pacing or need to more explosions, it's the characters. I hate all of the main characters, I want each and everyone of them the become Walker chow as quickly as possible. These whiny, self absorbed, self serving masses of humanity need to die.

This series could have been (and probably should have been) a two night event consisting of two 3 hour shows. We all know how this is going to end, the world is going to become overrun with the dead. So any suspense about the overall end game is out the window.

As KMan said, let's get some background of what caused this, how it started, who was responsible. Make it vague and up for debate or come right out and say it but good gravy can we feed these characters to the walkers soon?
I'm trying to be patient but I cant argue your point about not getting anything out of the characters. There is just nothing there; don't care a thing about them. It feels contrived. Exact opposite of TWD.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:08 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Yeah, it got me wondering at what point do their skulls turned into Papier-mâché?
After a long absence of milk in their diet. Duh.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:09 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I'm trying to be patient but I cant argue your point about not getting anything out of the characters. There is just nothing there; don't care a thing about them. It feels contrived. Exact opposite of TWD.
It was the second episode...
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:45 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by aturnis:
It was the second episode...
I get that, I really do. But I just have to ask; is there nobody at AMC that can write consistent strong or interesting women on either show?

Carol's character has grown, Michone as well so it looks like TWD writers have a clue. But good gravy, it's like they went back to the Lori / Andrea model from season 2 for female characters in FTWD.
[Reply]
aturnis 09:47 PM 09-01-2015
What exactly is supposed to endear you to a female character so quickly over two episodes where she's on screen for probably 10-20 minutes combined?
[Reply]
Rausch 11:03 PM 09-01-2015
I get that, I really do. But I just have to ask; is there nobody at AMC that can write consistent strong or interesting women on either show? .
This must be a joke...
[Reply]
Jamie 02:25 AM 09-02-2015
I get that, I really do. But I just have to ask; is there nobody at AMC that can write consistent strong or interesting women on either show?

Carol's character has grown, Michone as well so it looks like TWD writers have a clue. But good gravy, it's like they went back to the Lori / Andrea model from season 2 for female characters in FTWD.
You have to keep in mind that these characters know a lot less about what's happening than we do, and even less than the characters in the first episode of the original Walking Dead did.

The ex-wife doesn't know what's happening, the daughter hasn't seen a zombie and has no reason to believe that her boyfriend is doomed, the main woman is still not entirely sure she didn't murder someone. It's a fundamental flaw in the concept of the show, but it's not a problem with the depiction of the female characters.
[Reply]
jimidollar 06:07 AM 09-02-2015
It has been two episodes. I believe the second episode picked up right after the first left off. How much are characters going to grow in a single day?
[Reply]
frankotank 12:37 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Still really disappointed that there is no back story on how this virus got started and why when someone dies they turn into a walker...

SHIRLEY they will get to this. SHIRLEY.
I thought it was dumb as balls that the teacher never bothered to ask the kid how he knew. the kid with the knife...he knew it was coming. to my knowledge she never once asked him how he knew. right?

dumb.
[Reply]
frankotank 12:41 PM 09-02-2015
worthless info - but my wife pointed out that the druggy kid looks like a young johnny depp. I was like...hmm....I'll be danged
[Reply]
Frosty 12:57 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
SHIRLEY they will get to this. SHIRLEY.
I thought it was dumb as balls that the teacher never bothered to ask the kid how he knew. the kid with the knife...he knew it was coming. to my knowledge she never once asked him how he knew. right?

dumb.
Well, she did ask if he had seen any yet and he said only online. I assume he put it together that way.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:04 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Well, she did ask if he had seen any yet and he said only online. I assume he put it together that way.
oh yeah....forgot about that.
I kept expecting a conversation about it. like...so you were carrying a knife because you knew people would start rising from the dead....WTF?
[Reply]
Frosty 01:10 PM 09-02-2015
oh yeah....forgot about that.
I kept expecting a conversation about it. like...so you were carrying a knife because you knew people would start rising from the dead....WTF?
He looks like the type of kid that would spend a lot of time on /r/conspiracy/.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:18 PM 09-02-2015
I thought he was a goner when he got jumped. that woulda been very uncool. as someone said....he is probably the most interesting character to this point.

anybody notice that after all that shit went down.....he almost died....saved by hotty teacher....and then leaves without the food. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Frosty 01:23 PM 09-02-2015
I thought he was a goner when he got jumped. that woulda been very uncool. as someone said....he is probably the most interesting character to this point.

anybody notice that after all that shit went down.....he almost died....saved by hotty teacher....and then leaves without the food. :-) :-)
He also needs a bigger knife.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 37
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up