Page 9 of 30
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Fargo: TV Series on FX
Pasta Little Brioni 10:23 PM 04-15-2014
Anyone tune in tonight?
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:10 PM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Not even close, Billy Bob did a good job but he was doing his Russell Bell impersonation from Pushing Tin. McConaughey was on a totally different level of intensity and self immersion of the character and the nod goes to Matthew.
Never saw pushing tin. Never plan to.

I did say I thought the role was iconic (for television) but that it wasn't on the same level as McConaughey's performance. So it sounds like we agree there.
[Reply]
Mojo Rising 01:09 AM 06-20-2014
Mcconagheys overall performance was better BBT. True Detective started as one of the best ever, but then for some reason lost all of it's guts.

It opened a lot of avenues where the story would go and then left us handing with a lame last half of story line. It's like they fired half of the writers at the half point.

The final episode could have been 15 minutes shorter. They could have used that time to build drama instead of that lame ending.

Fargo was better start to finish.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:41 AM 07-22-2014
Next year tells Lou's tale of the 1975 Sioux Falls Massacre.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:46 AM 07-22-2014
What I assume BL was alluding to, Fargo's coming back TD style for a second season with a new cast: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...o-fx/12943853/

'Fargo' will move to Sioux Falls (and to 1979) for second season: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...o-fx/12974293/

Originally Posted by :
One character that will remain is Lou Solverson, Molly's dad, who was played by Keith Carradine last season. Nearly three decades earlier, he's a 33-year-old man recently back from Vietnam, and she's a 4-year-old. Lou is a state police officer, and his father-in-law is a Minnesota county sheriff. Viewers will also meet Molly's mother, unseen in the first season, "and we may learn what happened to her."

The Duluth police lieutenant from Season 1, Ben Schmidt (last played by Peter Breitmayer) will also "factor in there somewhere," Hawley says.
('Louie' also renewed)
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:37 AM 07-22-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
What I assume BL was alluding to, Fargo's coming back TD style for a second season with a new cast: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...o-fx/12943853/

'Fargo' will move to Sioux Falls (and to 1979) for second season: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...o-fx/12974293/

('Louie' also renewed)
Cool idea. Not one I've heard of before with TV in this fashion. It's going to be a hell of a challenge to get actors who nail it as well as the last cast.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:32 AM 07-22-2014
Why did I get the feeling that Lou was somehow involved or had some sort of previous interaction with the characters in No Country for Old Men...

By the way, I love this idea.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 11:18 AM 07-22-2014
This is the right way to handle this. Totally in!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:18 PM 07-22-2014
('Louie' also renewed)
1/2 order, though. 7 ep season.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:31 PM 07-22-2014
I hope they realize people in Sioux Falls don't sound like people from Fargo
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:33 PM 07-22-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
1/2 order, though. 7 ep season.
Read some conjecture early this morning that it essentially might be the same order as this past season, just hour episodes instead of hour blocks of two episodes. Not sure though, I haven't read up on it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:29 PM 12-10-2014
New season 2 deets:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Reporter:
Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemons Set to Star in 'Fargo' Season 2

12:00 PM PST 12/10/2014 by Lesley Goldberg

Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons will topline the second season of Noah Hawley's FX anthology, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Production will begin in Calgary in January with the 10-episode series set to premiere next fall on FX. Hawley will return as showrunner with exec producers including Joel and Ethan Coen, Warren Littlefield and John Cameron. Additional castings are expected to be announced soon.

The sophomore season will revisit the 1979 Sioux Falls incident referenced in the freshman run's "A Fox, a Rabbit, and a Cabbage" episode when Molly's (Allison Tolman) father Lou Solverson (Keith Carradine) was still a state trooper. Season two will take place in Fargo, N.D., Sioux Falls, S.D., and Luverne, Minn., Hawley said, with a new actor coming in to play the younger Lou character.

Dunst will star as Peggy Blomquist, a beautician with big-city dreams who is trying to figure out who she really is and what she really wants as she struggles with societal expectations.

Plemons will play Ed, Peggy's husband and a butcher's assistant who wants to be supportive of his wife's self-discovery — even if he doesn't quite understand it.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:28 PM 12-18-2014
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ragedogg69 09:57 AM 12-19-2014
So I had these piled up on my media center for the past few months, and with no TV on this month, my wife and I blew through them. Wow. Every performance was top notch. Even the kid. Just impressive all the way around. I would have ended it slightly differently.
Spoiler!

How fucked up is it that I was rooting for Lester nearly all the way to the end? What he did to his 2nd wife was beyond fucked, but man, I wanted him to get away with it all.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:09 PM 01-09-2015
Not sure I'm feeling the cast for the 2nd season:

Originally Posted by Deadline Hollywood:
Patrick Wilson, Ted Danson and Jean Smart are set to star opposite Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons in the second installment of Fargo, FX’s miniseries franchise based on the cult Coen brothers movie. Nick Offerman, Brad Garrett, Kieran Culkin, Bokeem Woodbine, Jeffrey Donovan and Angus Sampson round out the recurring cast of Fargo’s 10-episode new chapter, set in 1979 in Sioux Falls, SD and Luverne, MN, where a young State Police Officer Lou Solverson (Wilson), recently back from Vietnam, will tackle an all new “true crime” case.

Wilson’s Solverson is a clean-cut Minnesota State Patrolman, four years back from Vietnam, where he served in the Navy. A humble and competent man, Lou is a devoted husband and father. Danson will play Hank Larsson, the Sheriff of Rock County, Minnesota. An unflappable WWII vet who embodies a certain cowboy poetry, Hank is Lou’s father-in-law. Smart will play Floyd Gerhardt, the matriarch of the Gerhardt crime family. She’s stood by her husband’s side for 40 years, but now that he’s out of the picture she thinks it’s her turn to run things.
Link
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:11 PM 01-09-2015
Not sure I'm feeling the cast for the 2nd season:

Link
how was the first season?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 30
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up