ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 30
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Fargo: TV Series on FX
Pasta Little Brioni 10:23 PM 04-15-2014
Anyone tune in tonight?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:53 PM 06-11-2014
Finally got to this episode and it may have been the best yet. That final scene had me speechless just like with some Game of Thrones scenes.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:16 PM 06-11-2014
Loved the sly nod to No County for Old Men with the other denist and Billy Bob dropping in friendo and friend in the episode.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:49 AM 06-12-2014
You can't kill Lundy!
[Reply]
BWillie 01:18 PM 06-12-2014
God Lester is such an idiot. All you have to do is walk the other way, you are living the life now. He acts all high and mighty with his new persona at first, the new lester. But then he does that chicken shit move by sending his wife in for him at the end.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:02 PM 06-17-2014
Sucks that it's over!
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:16 AM 06-18-2014
Wow did they stick the landing. Think that was better start to finish than True Detective. Which is no slight to TD.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:24 AM 06-18-2014
What can you say? Just a phenomenal TV show start to finish. Everyone absolutley nailed their roles. Great writing and story as well. This should go down as a classic
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:29 PM 06-18-2014
How did Lester escape town? There were no cars at his house, his car was in town.
Does Gus get to execute an unarmed suspect, albiet a malevolent killer?
Was Lester wearing his orange parka (that his 2nd wife was killed in) when he went through the ice?

Still, I really enjoyed the show. Would watch again.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:43 PM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Wow did they stick the landing. Think that was better start to finish than True Detective. Which is no slight to TD.
Alright, now I have to see this.

1. True Detective was amazing

2. I respect Keg's opinion on things like this.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:01 PM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:

Ive got the whole thing on my dvr. Been binging on breaking bad for the first time gonna watch Fargo next
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:23 PM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:

I thought True Detective lost some steam in the back half. It was just too...conventional, by the end, in my mind. Wheras Fargo never really let up at all. Good start to finish. And while I don't think Billy Bob Thornton's performance was on the same level as Matthew McConaughey's I did think it was an equally iconic role. As far as the series as a whole goes, I can't think of anything that would have made Fargo better. The cast was excellent, the plot was excellent, and the resolution was excellent. It really felt more like a 10-hour film than a limited series.

New television this good is a rare thing (hell, established shows this good are rare), and we've gotten it twice already this year.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:49 PM 06-18-2014
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
How did Lester escape town? There were no cars at his house, his car was in town.
Does Gus get to execute an unarmed suspect, albiet a malevolent killer?
Was Lester wearing his orange parka (that his 2nd wife was killed in) when he went through the ice?

Still, I really enjoyed the show. Would watch again.
1. An amount of time lapsed between Solverson hearing the tape and Lester realizing Malvo was gone. He could have caught a ride or driven his snowmobile?

2. Gus' s word vs the dead psycho. Gus could say he lunged with that hook knife or made a comment about having a gun. The only cop without shit for brains was his wife. I doubt much inquisition would have gone on.

3. Some people keep 2 or 3 of the same jackets or shirts. Lester was definitely quirky enough to be one of them.

Or maybe the directors or writers just wanted to fuck with us. Great show no matter what. And I did think of question 2 myself once the episode ended.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:20 AM 06-19-2014
Lestersicle!!!!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:43 PM 06-19-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I thought True Detective lost some steam in the back half. It was just too...conventional, by the end, in my mind. Wheras Fargo never really let up at all. Good start to finish. And while I don't think Billy Bob Thornton's performance was on the same level as Matthew McConaughey's I did think it was an equally iconic role. As far as the series as a whole goes, I can't think of anything that would have made Fargo better. The cast was excellent, the plot was excellent, and the resolution was excellent. It really felt more like a 10-hour film than a limited series.

New television this good is a rare thing (hell, established shows this good are rare), and we've gotten it twice already this year.
Not even close, Billy Bob did a good job but he was doing his Russell Bell impersonation from Pushing Tin. McConaughey was on a totally different level of intensity and self immersion of the character and the nod goes to Matthew.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:05 PM 06-19-2014
Whisperer fails again.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 30
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up