Media Center>Fargo: TV Series on FX
Pasta Little Brioni 10:23 PM 04-15-2014
Anyone tune in tonight?
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:37 AM 04-16-2014
Shit. I missed it. Will they re-air it?
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 05:18 AM 04-16-2014
I have definitely heard that accent from people I work with (over the phone) in Wisconson, you betcha. Not all residents have it to the same degree.

The pacing was a little slow in the beginning - but that is probably to be expected in initial episodes. When we don't know the characters yet, those 'meaningful stares' don't carry the meaning to the audience. It was enjoyable - I will tune in again next week.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:19 AM 04-16-2014
Haven't seen it yet....but I don't get it? All new story with the same characters and setting? Or different characters?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
jwazzie 06:58 AM 04-16-2014
Loved it! Great start and for me I hope this is only a 10 episode series. Short for full of life. Awesome!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:20 AM 04-16-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Haven't seen it yet....but I don't get it? All new story with the same characters and setting? Or different characters?
Posted via Mobile Device
Similar in ways, but very different overall.

Still hoping for a "Shep I was banging that broad" cameo :-)
[Reply]
FishingRod 08:39 AM 04-16-2014
Billy Bob was great. Will give this show a shot
[Reply]
bevischief 10:09 AM 04-16-2014
I watched and was laughing almost the entire time.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 10:37 AM 04-16-2014
DVRd
[Reply]
lcarus 02:48 PM 04-16-2014
I'll be honest. I thought the movie Fargo was a bit overrated. I've only seen it once and it was a long time ago, so obviously if I see it again I might love it. That's what happened with The Big Lebowski. Saw it in 1999. Didn't get it. Saw it a few years later and now it's possibly my favorite movie.

As far as this show, I'm gonna check it out. I like Martin Freeman a lot but it's so weird seeing him do a northern American accent when I'm so used to his real accent.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:21 PM 04-16-2014
I never liked the movie.

The show started slowly, but I like it so far, about an hour in.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:10 PM 04-16-2014
Watching it again. Billy Bob is fantastic. Those square head accents are hilarious.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:13 PM 04-16-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I'll be honest. I thought the movie Fargo was a bit overrated. I've only seen it once and it was a long time ago, so obviously if I see it again I might love it. That's what happened with The Big Lebowski. Saw it in 1999. Didn't get it. Saw it a few years later and now it's possibly my favorite movie.

As far as this show, I'm gonna check it out. I like Martin Freeman a lot but it's so weird seeing him do a northern American accent when I'm so used to his real accent.
The Coen brothers are probably the most rewatch rewarded directors in all of film. There are some [no country, o' brother, raising AZ] that I loved right away, but there isn't one of theirs I didn't come to adore. They set such a mood in each film, that they go up against expectations on first viewing, but once you are accustomed to the rhythms, everything SINGS.

As for the TV show, haven't seen a 4 color pen in 20 years.

And what an effing class, go to imdb to see the full cast. It has everyone.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:01 PM 04-16-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The Coen brothers are probably the most rewatch rewarded directors in all of film. There are some [no country, o' brother, raising AZ] that I loved right away, but there isn't one of theirs I didn't come to adore. They set such a mood in each film, that they go up against expectations on first viewing, but once you are accustomed to the rhythms, everything SINGS.

As for the TV show, haven't seen a 4 color pen in 20 years.

And what an effing class, go to imdb to see the full cast. It has everyone.
Hebrew Hammer is due to show sometime soon.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:24 PM 04-17-2014
I loved it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:42 PM 04-17-2014
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Watching it again. Billy Bob is fantastic. Those square head accents are hilarious.
Doing his Russell Bell( Pushing Tin) interpretation of the character.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 30
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up