ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 57
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 04:47 PM 10-10-2015
I wish this was a full movie.

[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 04:49 PM 10-10-2015
Originally Posted by Predarat:
How bad is the 'other Shining'? (the one released in the 90s with one of the actors from Wings) From what i hear it sticks closer to the book but the acting is just horrible.
Terribad!
[Reply]
Otter 08:19 PM 10-10-2015
Originally Posted by Valiant:
My friend is the kid in that movie. Sad thing is, known him for 3 years and never connected the dots until someone brought a photo. Most normal guy i know.
I found out that a party I was at about 5 years ago while still living in PA was being hosted by "Jake", the stud man from Sixteen Candles. He makes custom furniture or something like that now. Kinda glad I didn't know because I would have been too tempted to hit him up with questions he's probably been asked a million times.

IMHO, The Shining TV series was horrible. The Kubric version is a masterpiece.
[Reply]
frankotank 09:42 AM 10-12-2015
Originally Posted by Otter:
IMHO, The Shining TV series was horrible. The Kubric version is a masterpiece.
I love the kubric move other than the ending.
the book ending was so very touching and emotional and most importantly offered redemption for jack in that when it came right down to it he chose his family over the hotel. the ghosts are demanding that he let the steam off the boiler and Danny mentally contacts him...they exchange the oft repeated phrase in the book "kissin' kissin' that's what I've been missing"....and he decides...fuck you ghosts....fuck you hotel.... I'ma let this bitch blow!

for some reason kubric decided to have him freeze to death in a hedge maze that wasn't even in the book. I'm supposing the hedge maze happened because the technology of the times couldn't deal with living hedge animals.....and that's somewhat understandable.....but he coulda still stuck to the emotional ending from the book.

Steve Weber stood absolutely NO CHANCE of filling Nicholsons shoes. poor bastard.
[Reply]
frankotank 09:45 AM 10-12-2015
Originally Posted by Valiant:
My friend is the kid in that movie. Sad thing is, known him for 3 years and never connected the dots until someone brought a photo. Most normal guy i know.
that's pretty cool!
I liked movie Danny better than series Danny though.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:53 AM 10-12-2015
Watched "It Follows" the other night. Pretty good, you don't often see original horror films anymore. It's not super gore, or for everyone but I liked it
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:40 AM 10-12-2015
I have heard good things about this one...
http://www.imdb.com/showtimes/title/tt4163020
[Reply]
Saccopoo 11:50 AM 10-12-2015
This guy at work has just been raving about this one (but he's kind of an idiot so there is that):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2377322/

Never heard of it until he started raving about it last week. However, it does have Olivia Munn in it, so that's a bonus.
[Reply]
Swanman 01:44 PM 10-12-2015
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
You're better off watching Plan 9 From Outer Space or Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

The made for TV version of The Shinning, and all the other King novels that were turned into multi-part TV specials, is absolute and total garbage.

You want some scary movies? Try any of the VHS movies (the second is the scariest in my opinion) or the J-horror movie The Audition.
I think the first VHS was far and away the best one. The second one is fairly decent and the third one is the worst of the trio but still fun to watch.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:43 PM 10-12-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
This guy at work has just been raving about this one (but he's kind of an idiot so there is that):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2377322/

Never heard of it until he started raving about it last week. However, it does have Olivia Munn in it, so that's a bonus.
I've seen it. I honestly don't remember too much about it. I do remember enjoying it though.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:25 PM 10-12-2015
Watched The House at the End of Time last night. It has subtitles, so if you can't deal with that then don't watch. I thought it was a good story, and pretty original. Not so much a horror but more like a supernatural thriller. And it's on Netflix.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2640474/
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:01 PM 10-12-2015
Good - another Horror Movie thread - I love it!

Ok, so lately:

The Nightmare (the sleep paralysis doc.)
well sort of a documentary, I guess I'd consider it one.

It Follows was VERY well done IMO.

[Reply]
Simply Red 06:03 PM 10-12-2015
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
I have heard good things about this one...
http://www.imdb.com/showtimes/title/tt4163020
will plow - never heard of it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:04 AM 10-13-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Good - another Horror Movie thread - I love it!

Ok, so lately:

The Nightmare (the sleep paralysis doc.)
well sort of a documentary, I guess I'd consider it one.

It Follows was VERY well done IMO.
Watched The Nightmare. It was....it was good. But at the end of the day, it was still a documentary. Well made, interesting, but not particularly scary.

I'll have to check out "It Follows".
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:15 AM 10-13-2015
Originally Posted by Swanman:
I think the first VHS was far and away the best one. The second one is fairly decent and the third one is the worst of the trio but still fun to watch.
The second V/H/S's last story was by far one of the scariest things I have watched in my life. Not only tense and scary but disturbing and horrifying.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 57
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up