ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 57
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:03 PM 10-13-2015
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
The second V/H/S's last story was by far one of the scariest things I have watched in my life. Not only tense and scary but disturbing and horrifying.

Refresh my memory...
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:40 AM 10-14-2015
Last night i was talking with a friend. Yet another person vouching for "It Follows". I keep hearing good things about it.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:02 PM 10-14-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Refresh my memory...
Kids at a slumber party with a video camera, aliens show up, start...

Spoiler!

Literally I cannot watch the scene again it is that disturbing and horrifying.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:08 PM 10-14-2015
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
This guy at work has just been raving about this one (but he's kind of an idiot so there is that):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2377322/

Never heard of it until he started raving about it last week. However, it does have Olivia Munn in it, so that's a bonus.
Terrible movie, and I usually like anything Bana does.

Most everything in the movie never even came close to happening to the real NY cop... I hate "based on a true story" movies that add in all kinds of things that never occurred.
[Reply]
Valiant 06:28 PM 10-14-2015
The second V/H/S's last story was by far one of the scariest things I have watched in my life. Not only tense and scary but disturbing and horrifying.
Really? First vhs was a let down to me
[Reply]
Valiant 06:29 PM 10-14-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Last night i was talking with a friend. Yet another person vouching for "It Follows". I keep hearing good things about it.
It is ok. Different. Reminded me of the ring/ringu
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:01 AM 10-15-2015
Kids at a slumber party with a video camera, aliens show up, start...

Spoiler!

I remember that one. I thought it was good but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:04 AM 10-15-2015
It Follows was a good watch.

I made the mistake of reading the thread here about it prior to my first viewing and someone mentioned how shit like that always happens to defenseless teens and not badasses like Wolverine or something.

So I spent the entire movie thinking about how quickly "it" would have been taken care of by a fistful of retractable adamantium claws.
[Reply]
Joe_Camel 05:37 AM 10-15-2015
If you are a fan of horror you should check out the new streaming service www.shudder.com It is horror movies that have been curated. Check it out, I really enjoy it. The layout and categories are cool too.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:11 AM 10-15-2015
I remember that one. I thought it was good but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me.
Different strokes for different folks. :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:30 AM 10-15-2015
Different strokes for different folks. :-)

True enough.

I don't remember exactly which one it was because its been a while and they've all sort of melded together, but the one where the couple was traveling through the southwest, staying in the hotel. That one got me. When the chick slowly pushed the knife through the guys neck while he was sleeping.

That was pretty disturbing in my eyes.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:38 AM 10-15-2015
True enough.

I don't remember exactly which one it was because its been a while and they've all sort of melded together, but the one where the couple was traveling through the southwest, staying in the hotel. That one got me. When the chick slowly pushed the knife through the guys neck while he was sleeping.

That was pretty disturbing in my eyes.
That was creepy as all Hell. I do like the V/H/S anthology format, quick & to the point but most of them build real fear and have some genuine scary moments. They are hit and miss (the whole parallel universe story from V/H/S; Viral was boring to me) but more hits than misses.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:43 AM 10-15-2015
That was creepy as all Hell. I do like the V/H/S anthology format, quick & to the point but most of them build real fear and have some genuine scary moments. They are hit and miss (the whole parallel universe story from V/H/S; Viral was boring to me) but more hits than misses.

The one with the people having monster sex appendages?

That one was extremely intriguing to me with the build up but ultimately disappointed.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:47 AM 10-15-2015
The one with the people having monster sex appendages?

That one was extremely intriguing to me with the build up but ultimately disappointed.
Yeah that's the one. And I agree, lots of build up and a fascinating premise but failed to deliver outside of simple shock and jump scares.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:13 AM 10-15-2015

I watched VHS2 last night. Or, i tried. It was late, i fell asleep during the 2nd story. I decided to watch it just because of your post, so i hope that last story is a good one. I haven't read your spoiler yet.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 57
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up