ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 170
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:47 AM 05-24-2014
No True Detective?

If you have HBO, watch the series On Demand or through HBOGO. It was incredible.
[Reply]
TrickyNicky 01:08 PM 05-24-2014
Peep Show - British comedy that uses 1st person camera angles and interior dialogue to great effect. It's reached a bit of cult status overseas. Series 1-8 are all on Netflix with a possible 9th entering production in the next year hopefully.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:18 PM 05-24-2014
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
No True Detective?

If you have HBO, watch the series On Demand or through HBOGO. It was incredible.
Oh hell. I watched the first 2 episodes and decided I had better finish the other ones I had going. I forgot to add it to the watch list.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:18 PM 05-24-2014
Originally Posted by TrickyNicky:
Peep Show - British comedy that uses 1st person camera angles and interior dialogue to great effect. It's reached a bit of cult status overseas. Series 1-8 are all on Netflix with a possible 9th entering production in the next year hopefully.
I'll look into it. Thanks.
[Reply]
carcosa 03:59 PM 05-24-2014
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Oh hell. I watched the first 2 episodes and decided I had better finish the other ones I had going. I forgot to add it to the watch list.
The whole series is incredible, but episodes 4-5-6 are three of the best episodes of anything ever.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:54 PM 05-26-2014
What's the word on Boardwalk Empire? I thought there was a thread here, but couldn't find it on my tablet.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 02:40 PM 05-26-2014
What's the word on Boardwalk Empire? I thought there was a thread here, but couldn't find it on my tablet.
Pretty good. Next season will be the last. Though I think they killed off the most interesting character last season.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:11 AM 05-30-2014
True Blood!!
[Reply]
cdcox 11:18 AM 05-31-2014
Another nomination for Dexter.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:23 AM 05-31-2014
Originally Posted by Luke Warm:
Rescue Me
This.

If you haven't finished this you should quit posting until you do...
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:38 PM 05-31-2014
Originally Posted by Rausch:
This.

If you haven't finished this you should quit posting until you do...
Really? It looked kind of hokey. Is it that good?
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:08 PM 05-31-2014
Rescue me is really good but its all kinds of fucked up
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:44 PM 05-31-2014
I thought it lost a lot of steam by the end.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:01 PM 05-31-2014
Really? It looked kind of hokey. Is it that good?
I'd call it uneven but passionate. Sometimes hilarious pranking, sometimes deeply emotional, sometimes frighteningly angry and violent.

Basically post 9/11 firefighters and their messed up significant others and kids dealing the aftermath and personal drama.

There were plenty of WTF moments, Franco who found of he had a daughter and one day Susan Sarandon [absolutely no relation to them] just takes off with her never to be mentioned again, the time Tommy unambiguously raped his estranged wife and suddenly they're back together.

The kinda gay kinda dumb Mike was fun, as was the legit dumb Garrity. Michael Lombardi was always awesome as Stilleti. Comedian Lenny Clarke is hilarious.

It does also push pretty hard on 12 stepping. All of Tommy's family are hardcore alcoholics, because Irish. And they rotate being hardcore on the program and preachy then relapsing epically.

When it's good it's great, when it's more uneven you can still get through it. It's worth a binge watch.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 02:40 PM 05-31-2014
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Another nomination for Dexter.
Just seasons 1-4 though.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 170
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up