ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 170
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 02:34 PM 04-26-2012
Also, how the FUCK has The Wire not been mentioned yet?
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:45 PM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe:
I've only mentioned shows I've seen, and therefore can vouch for. The Wire is on my short list, though. And now that I have HBO GO it shouldn't be too long before I've knocked that one out. I'm really looking forward to it.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 02:46 PM 04-26-2012
Oh! Also, Beuhler, if like sitcoms, and it seems like you do, based on That 70's Show and Scrubs, I'd really recommend How I Met Your Mother.
[Reply]
Jenson71 02:57 PM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Mad Men is good? I never heard much about it.

[Reply]
Bump 03:14 PM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn:
I've only mentioned shows I've seen, and therefore can vouch for. The Wire is on my short list, though. And now that I have HBO GO it shouldn't be too long before I've knocked that one out. I'm really looking forward to it.
I just got HBO GO for that and started with The Wire, it's pretty serious
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:27 PM 04-27-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Burn Notice
Camelot
Chuck
House
Scrubs
Spartacus
Suits
That 70's Show
Top Gear
Top Shot
White Collar

I work a ****ton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?
Camelot?!?! CAMELOT?!?! That show was a piece of shit.
[Reply]
Buck 01:35 PM 04-27-2012
Jesus Christ, what an awful fucking list. I mean, those aren't all terrible shows, but there's not a single show on there that is worth watching every episode of.
Chuck is good fgt.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:53 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Camelot?!?! CAMELOT?!?! That show was a piece of shit.
It was awful. But I've seen all the episodes so I included it.

Eva Green's tits are exemplary though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:01 PM 04-27-2012
Jesus Christ, what an awful fucking list. I mean, those aren't all terrible shows, but there's not a single show on there that is worth watching every episode of.
Yeah. I've got some garbage on there. The comedies were my wife's doing. But it was a good tool to spend time with her.

But Burn Notice is great. I really enjoy White Collar also. And I can't get enough of Yvonne Strahovski. House is worth a watch too. At least through season 6. Suits is worth the time and Spartacus is awesome. I you don't like the two new seasons, the first one is excellent.

While I acknowledge I have a crap list, I must disagree that none of them are worth watching. That's why I started this thread. To make my list better.
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:09 PM 04-27-2012
I figured Firefly would suck. I'll see if I can't find the first few episodes. It looks pretty good. Thanks

I'll check out Arrested Development. I've heard good things.

Tell me about Battlestar Galactica. I never looked into it.

I'll get Deadwood.

Friday Night Lights? Really? The promos looked like balls when it came out.
Friday Night Lights kicked fucking ass. That show was so damned good. Coach Taylor 4 LIFE!!!!!
[Reply]
AustinChief 04:10 PM 04-27-2012
Life on Mars the UK version, not the shitty US version.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:29 PM 04-27-2012
Probably because people have asked about best shows a bajillion times and the overwhelming consensus is that the big four is.

The Wire
Deadwood
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad

It feels unoriginal to cite them all over again. The merits have been discussed ad infinitum.
[Reply]
Buck 06:33 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Probably because people have asked about best shows a bajillion times and the overwhelming consensus is that the big four is.

The Wire
Deadwood
The Sopranos
Breaking Bad

It feels unoriginal to cite them all over again. The merits have been discussed ad infinitum.
Mad Men should be added to that.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:37 PM 04-27-2012
ARCHER

If there's anything funnier out there, I haven't seen it. Animated series about spies - imagine James Bond as a narcissistic douchebag with mommy issues set in an office environment. Twisted, irreverent, absolutely un-PC, fantastic. It's also a half-hour show, which would fit well into your working a fuck ton lifestyle. And after a shitty day of working a fuck ton, it WILL make you laugh. It might even make you pee a little bit.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:06 PM 04-27-2012
Originally Posted by frazod:
ARCHER

If there's anything funnier out there, I haven't seen it. Animated series about spies - imagine James Bond as a narcissistic douchebag with mommy issues set in an office environment. Twisted, irreverent, absolutely un-PC, fantastic. It's also a half-hour show, which would fit well into your working a fuck ton lifestyle. And after a shitty day of working a fuck ton, it WILL make you laugh. It might even make you pee a little bit.
Yeah, you could probably pull up any random clip from the show and if it doesn't appeal to you right away, it's probably not your cup of tea [and you're a weirdo].
[Reply]
Page 2 of 170
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up