ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 35
« First < 253132333435
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 11-28-2019
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
rico 03:51 PM 01-18-2022
I choose our guy 1,000,000 times out of 1,000,000.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:54 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If I only casually followed the NFL and didn't root for a team, Lamar is pretty fun to watch when he is having a good game.

Lamar is fun as hell to watch when he's on. I've said it before, but I think he's the most gifted natural runner I've ever seen. And I watched Jamaal Charles so that's high praise.

Allen is a ton of fun as well. I love Joe Burrow aka Joe Brrrr aka Joe Sheisty. Herbert is fun to watch even though I hate his organization.

Outside of those guys along with Mahomes and Rodgers, I really don't care too much to watch other QBs. Maybe Russell Wilson when he's on, but he spends too much time not being on.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:58 PM 01-18-2022
Allen at peak form is as good as Mahomes in peak form. He really is capable of being an absolute fire breathing monster out there.

But Allen completed 63% of his attempts this year w/ an AY/A of 6.9. He wasn't out there rocking an average completion% because of high degree of difficulty throws or poor weaponry. He's just mechanically inconsistent because he's a giant human being who doesn't have the preternatural biomechanics that allow him to repeat his delivery throw after throw after throw.

There are times when Allen will get a clean look and just...miss. And they happen quite a bit more often than w/ Mahomes. Additionally, sometimes he just crosses his wires and plays like an idiot for an entire half. Josh Allen, far more frequently than Mahomes, is sometimes the REASON the Bills offense struggles.

Mahomes has been that guy twice in his career. Allen does it every handful of games. He's just not as consistent a player as PMII and I don't think he ever can be. Accuracy is as ingrained as arm strength in a lot of ways - you have it or you don't. And when the league adjusted a bit to Allen (as it did to Mahomes) his completion% fell off biggly this year over last.

And none of this is to shit on Allen - he's the second guy in the league I'd take in a draft. I like the kid a ton. But Allen has to be more 'on' to be excellent and when he isn't, his mediocre/bad days are worse than PMs mediocre/bad days are. His baseline is just slightly lower.

But when he's locked in, he's capable of going shot for shot with Patrick even if Patrick is also in a groove. The guy is damn talented.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:05 PM 01-18-2022
Media puts QB vs QB like that's the match up. It's completely stupid since they are not actually playing each other in a game of tennis. The real match ups are Mahomes playing the Bills defense and Allen playing the KC defense.

Both QB's are pretty even in ability so this game will be won or lost at the LOS and by defense. Pats could not pressure Allen at all and if we do the same he will torch us and us them.

I think this game is more about whose defense gets the stops when they need one and the turnovers.

Mahomes has the experience over Allen. Allen is very hungry and plays with anger. His legs are better when takes off and they use him like a weapon on designed runs.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:03 PM 01-23-2022
Gotta give it up to Allen. He’s nearly Mahomes equal now if not the same.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:03 PM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Allen is great, there's no doubt. But he was also facing a defense that is nowhere near the Bills' caliber. Mahomes outplayed him.
[Reply]
Cheater5 10:04 PM 01-23-2022

Wut?

No.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:05 PM 01-23-2022
I have a feeling we will be seeing quite a few postseason matchups with these two QBs in the next 10 years. The new Brady-Manning
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:22 PM 01-23-2022
His receivers may have been wide ****ing open, but, yes, he had to get the ball to them. I will certainly give him that.

If we were allowed to field competent safeties, I doubt the outcome would have been the same.
[Reply]
Coach 10:27 PM 01-23-2022
13 seconds. Against the #1 ranked NFL defense.

Nah, it ain't Allen.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:29 PM 01-23-2022
Josh Allen finally climbed the hill to being elite. Tip of the hat.
[Reply]
BuckeyeTheDog 10:41 PM 01-23-2022
Great game by Josh.

But the monkey is getting bigger on his back after getting bounced by Mahomes twice in a row.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 10:46 PM 01-23-2022
Allen is a hell of a player.. but he’s no Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:53 PM 01-23-2022
We all tried to think of a witty nickname for Patrick but Reid did it Mahomes' official nickname is " The Reaper"
[Reply]
DRM08 10:56 PM 01-23-2022
Allen is a hell of a player, no doubt. He put on a really great performance tonight. But I think Patrick had to go against the tougher defense tonight. His kicker also cost him 4 points on missed kicks. Overall, I agree with ESPN's QBR grades of 96/100 for Mahomes and 90/100 for Allen tonight. Both of them were awesome, but Mahomes was slightly better.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 35
« First < 253132333435
Up