Media Center>Avengers: Infinity War Official Trailer Teaser #1
BigRichard 01:10 PM 11-28-2017

Updated with the real one
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:33 PM 01-12-2018
Spoiler!

[Reply]
sully1983 02:52 PM 01-12-2018
I really hope Thanos kills Loki's bitch ass in this. I never understood all the love and popularity for Loki.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:16 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I really hope Thanos kills Loki's bitch ass in this. I never understood all the love and popularity for Loki.
NOBODY TELL SORTER
[Reply]
Bowser 08:24 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think the female Thor can be successful, but it's hard to imagine she would be as successful as Hemsworth.
I don't. Marvel tried to go that route in the comics themselves after their latest Secret Wars run, changing the genders on a number of their favorite characters. It worked so well that they had to reboot the reboot. They should create NEW female characters, good and bad, and leave the established characters alone, imo.

The most popular character out of that run? Old Man Logan.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:33 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I don't. Marvel tried to go that route in the comics themselves after their latest Secret Wars run, changing the genders on a number of their favorite characters. It worked so well that they had to reboot the reboot. They should create NEW female characters, good and bad, and leave the established characters alone, imo.

The most popular character out of that run? Old Man Logan.
The new editor appears to be wanting to curb the heavy handed SJW nonsense. The only "diversity" push I thought was a good idea was the Cho/Hulk change. I liked the Cho character and thought having one of the world's smartest men be the Hulk would lead to more creative stories. It didn't - the writing was just bad.

I think as long as Fiege is in charge of the MCU it will continue to take the best from the comics and avoid agendas/direct translations/retellings. Once he leaves I'm worried what may happen.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:25 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
The new editor appears to be wanting to curb the heavy handed SJW nonsense. The only "diversity" push I thought was a good idea was the Cho/Hulk change.
Why do you keep posting about politics in super hero movie threads? I understand your a Trump supporter and have a right to your opinion, but posting your political views in every super hero movie thread? Why?
[Reply]
Rausch 09:40 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why do you keep posting about politics in super hero movie threads? I understand your a Trump supporter and have a right to your opinion, but posting your political views in every super hero movie thread? Why?
I could point out the clear direction Marvel Comics has taken but if you currently read and don't see it I doubt it would do much good.

For a better example look at Cho during the World War Hulk storyline. Not only is he the the Hulk's last defender (and even challenges the Hulk to a fight) but proves his point. The Hulk basically admits Cho's right while proving Cho's theory wrong. This is great writing. Cho never intended to take down the Hulk he wanted Hulk/Banner to see what they were doing and stop.

If you compare this to Cho/Hulk's fight with the Black Panther or how he's written in Champions he's now an ignorant teen who responds and doesn't plan/think ahead.

It's a huge disservice to Cho's character and an example of bad writing...
[Reply]
Bowser 10:31 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Let it be noted that you're the one that invoked Trump's name and politics in here, not Rausch. And he brought it up because Marvel was on a HUGE SJW tear with their storylines, just as I mentioned. Females had taken on the Thor, Spider-Man, Captain America, and Wolverine characters, and that's just off the top of my head.

Rausch isn't "posting his political views" in here, he's commenting on how Marvel got uber-political with their comic book product and how it mostly backfired on them.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:36 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Let it be noted that you're the one that invoked Trump's name and politics in here, not Rausch. And he brought it up because Marvel was on a HUGE SJW tear with their storylines, just as I mentioned. Females had taken on the Thor, Spider-Man, Captain America, and Wolverine characters, and that's just off the top of my head.

Rausch isn't "posting his political views" in here, he's commenting on how Marvel got uber-political with their comic book product and how it mostly backfired on them.
And let it be noted I did agree with one of the "diversity moves" because I thought it would help to infuse life into a character everyone want's to bland down.

And, I love the Cho character and hate what Marvel has done to him...
[Reply]
Jamie 12:46 PM 01-13-2018
I could point out the clear direction Marvel Comics has taken but if you currently read and don't see it I doubt it would do much good.

For a better example look at Cho during the World War Hulk storyline. Not only is he the the Hulk's last defender (and even challenges the Hulk to a fight) but proves his point. The Hulk basically admits Cho's right while proving Cho's theory wrong. This is great writing. Cho never intended to take down the Hulk he wanted Hulk/Banner to see what they were doing and stop.

If you compare this to Cho/Hulk's fight with the Black Panther or how he's written in Champions he's now an ignorant teen who responds and doesn't plan/think ahead.

It's a huge disservice to Cho's character and an example of bad writing...
To be fair, that's just an example of Marvel fucking up a character, not a SJW thing.

Also I think it's less of a political agenda, and more of a poorly thought out attempt to sell comics to young people. When sales tanked the higher-ups at Marvel quickly pointed the finger at the diversity initiative and at this point have rolled most of it back. If it was some kind of political stand they would have made more of an attempt to stand by it, or at least found another scapegoat.

That said, I don't believe diversity in-and-of-itself tanked sales, it was (as your example shows) that the comics were mostly not good. By and large people won't read shitty comics just because of politics, and won't reject good comics because of it either. If Falcon-Cap was as good of a story as Bucky-Cap it would have sold.
[Reply]
Rausch 12:55 PM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Jamie:
To be fair, that's just an example of Marvel ****ing up a character, not a SJW thing.
It's Marvel/Disney pushing an SJW thing which results in bad writing.

Also I think it's less of a political agenda, and more of a poorly thought out attempt to sell comics to young people.
If that's the case you aren't paying attention or don't actually read comix.

When sales tanked the higher-ups at Marvel quickly pointed the finger at the diversity initiative and at this point have rolled most of it back.
They pushed the "SJW" (not leftist ideas but FULL SJW propaganda) for 6 FUCKING YEARS!

I'll start another topic on this issue and not derail this one but YES, I do have digital (fuck me for paying for this garbage) issues we can argue on later.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:32 PM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
And if you go female Thor.....then there's your big female lead.
Female Thor
Homosexual minority Spider Man

These are the sort of things that would have me stop watching Marvel movies.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:36 PM 01-13-2018
To be fair, that's just an example of Marvel ****ing up a character, not a SJW thing.
What do you know about Cho as a character?
[Reply]
Rausch 01:39 PM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Female Thor
Homosexual minority Spider Man

These are the sort of things that would have me stop watching Marvel movies.
To be fair I'd arugue Miles is the ONLY character they did well.

Miles was done in an alternate universe where he asked other people, after Peter Parker had died, if it was Ok to carry on the legacy.

That is the whole point of Miles Morales - the idea that spider man would carry on after him...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:02 PM 01-13-2018
To be fair I'd arugue Miles is the ONLY character they did well.

Miles was done in an alternate universe where he asked other people, after Peter Parker had died, if it was Ok to carry on the legacy.

That is the whole point of Miles Morales - the idea that spider man would carry on after him...
If you want to replace shit characters, I'm fine with that. When you start replacing iconic characters, especially those with unique origins, instead of just creating new ones, I'm no longer fine with it. And, when you start doing it for political reasons, you can fuck off and die.

Replace some guy who's a product of training and/or money, like an Iron man (Marvel) or Batman (DC)? Sure, if you do it well.

Replace some guy who's a product of a miraculous result of just the right amount of radiation impacting just the right spider that then bites just the right human at just the right time? No. Venom's bad enough as a knock off. We don't need the gay minority miracle on top of that.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up