ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 339 of 3903
« First < 239289329335336337338339 3403413423433493894398391339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:40 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

MEXICO CITY (AP) — While the coronavirus pandemic has led authorities around the globe to cancel concerts and sporting events, and even shut down daily activities in some places, Mexico City is going ahead with Vive Latino — one of the most important music festivals in the country.
looks like DisneyWorld last night.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:41 PM 03-16-2020

Not such an insensitive gift now, was it? pic.twitter.com/09Nbyj1Wty

— Elika Sadeghi (@elikasadeghi) March 16, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:41 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
There are several districts starting to say that. I mean hell, you're already half-way through March and are closing for a month. Why even re-open?
Why? The end of the school year isn't until June 20th.

Also, the K-5 kids and the Middle Schoolers have been working for months to present their respective school plays, which are HUGE productions here in Hollywood.

My oldest is the Lead in the MS play and my youngest is in their production of Frozen. The youngest is in the Frozen Choir and she'll be okay but my oldest will be absolutely crushed.

The 5th graders will also miss out on their annual Astro Camp and other planned activities as well.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:41 PM 03-16-2020
Yes, it will. That's why it's up to every American (regardless of age) to take common sense precautions as best they can.
It's pretty much bullshit and with those numbers keep matching up as some have predicted it's hard to see anything short of mandatory lockdowns.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:42 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Why? The end of the school year isn't until June 20th.

Also, the K-5 kids and the Middle Schoolers have been working for months to present their respective school plays, which are HUGE productions here in Hollywood.

My oldest is the Lead in the MS play and my youngest is in their production of Frozen. The youngest is in the Frozen Choir and she'll be okay but my oldest will be absolutely crushed.
Oh. Ours is the end of May.
[Reply]
Donger 04:42 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-) I expect you to save me some of your extra peanuts next time.
I haven't eaten or had a drink on a plane since this thing broke out in China. But yes, I'll send the flying waitress from FC back to steerage with an ice water for you when it resumes, while I'm sipping on my "free" vodka martini(s).
[Reply]
Shag 04:42 PM 03-16-2020
San Diego just ordered all bars closed starting tomorrow, restaurants are to-go only, and legally limiting gatherings to 50 or less.
[Reply]
neech 04:43 PM 03-16-2020
MEXICO CITY (AP) — While the coronavirus pandemic has led authorities around the globe to cancel concerts and sporting events, and even shut down daily activities in some places, Mexico City is going ahead with Vive Latino — one of the most important music festivals in the country.
Build that wall higher.
[Reply]
Donger 04:44 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Seems like a really bad decision.
Mexico only has 50 cases. Expect that to grow in a few weeks.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:44 PM 03-16-2020
I don't know WTF is going on with Italy. I mean yeah, we know about their aging population and what not but they are running twice and closer to three times the global average in mortality rate.

Meanwhile we have dropped from 2.5% last week to between 1.7%-1.8% this week. Even has our cases increase we at least for the time being are holding that level. Hopefully it goes down more.

But we certainly do not seem to be on the path of Italy at this point.
They didn't flatten the curve. New York City Mayor is saying that if things don't change quickly that they will be looking at situations like Italy very soon.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:44 PM 03-16-2020
My focus has to turn here to home base and wonder what the states of Ks and Mo will continue to do? There have been a combined 13 cases between the two with 1 death. Hardly a hot spot.
Timely post just saw this
https://www.kshb.com/news/coronaviru...d-19-city-says
[Reply]
Donger 04:45 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's pretty much bullshit and with those numbers keep matching up as some have predicted it's hard to see anything short of mandatory lockdowns.
It's up to every American (regardless of age) to take common sense precautions as best they can is bullshit?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:46 PM 03-16-2020
It's up to every American (regardless of age) to take common sense precautions as best they can is bullshit?
No but washing your hands isnt enough especially when this virus can be transmitted in the air. Every other country facing this isnt doing so because they didnt wash their hands.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:47 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
They didn't flatten the curve. New York City Mayor is saying that if things don't change quickly that they will be looking at situations like Italy very soon.
I've been hearing "we are going to be like Italy" for over a week. I don't see anything thus far that substantiates that.

Can we be? Sure? Are we likely to be? I like to think not.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:48 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Because you have no idea where the virus actually is. You're just being hopeful not actually coming up with a solution. Social distancing only slows and flattens the graph.

When people start coming down with this in huge numbers everything is going to change, we're still in the infancy. Italy's numbers are jumping up at a huge rate despite social distancing.

The only countries that are actually achieving anything are ones utilizing widespread testing like China and South Korea.
With the incubation period, it could be that the new cases being identified today were infected before the lockdown.
[Reply]
Page 339 of 3903
« First < 239289329335336337338339 3403413423433493894398391339 > Last »
Up