ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 178 of 205
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
BigCatDaddy 05:11 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
This actually isn't accurate. The Brewers are like a top 5 team in local TV ratings. At least the last couple years. I have no idea about this year so far.
They are 13-15 so I figured nobody gave a shit with the Packers season coming up :-)
DJ's left nut 05:12 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
You asked where were the calls for justice and I posted it. Now you're changing your argument. So yeah this might be the straw that broke the camel's back.
Specifically I asked about it when the Obama DOJ didn't pursue charges.

I mean if you want to argue in hyper-technical minutiae, we can do that.

If you want to pretend like their heightened level of rage is completely apolitical, I can be just as obstinate.
Sassy Squatch 05:12 PM 08-26-2020
:-) TNT playing The Longest Yard now.
staylor26 05:13 PM 08-26-2020
Even the Floyd thing has gotten more gray than people realize.

The body cam footage shows:

1. He was clearly resisting

2. He was saying “I can’t breathe” when they were trying to put him in the car

3. He asked to be held on the ground

4. Most importantly, one of the lawyers of the cops is claiming that Floyd took a lethal dose of fentanyl and you can clearly see something white on his tongue when the cops first approach him in the vehicle.
Deberg_1990 05:16 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Even the Floyd thing has gotten more gray than people realize.

The body cam footage shows:

1. He was clearly resisting

2. He was saying “I can’t breathe” when they were trying to put him in the car

3. He asked to be held on the ground

4. Most importantly, one of the lawyers of the cops is claiming that Floyd took a lethal dose of fentanyl and you can see something white on his younger when the cops first approach him in the vehicle.

Ill never understand why BLM wants to make martyrs of shitty human beings?

I guess the police dont shoot and kill many law abiding, middle class black men.
BWillie 05:17 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
At some point you have to put your foot down if you are the boss, the business, the organization. You can't have people quitting work to protest when something in the world doesn't go the way they like. Don't let media bully you. Take a stand. Those players are free to quit and make their own league should they want to not work anytime something bad happens.

Nobody else gets to postpone their work because of this - nor should they. PROTEST ON YOUR OWN TIME.

This is the kind of cultural stuff that makes otherwise moderate people become even more far right, or even more far left. You aren't changing anyones mind who doesn't already agree with you. And if there is an NBA fan that is on the fence, well you just may have pushed them off the cliff of moderate and into the right
staylor26 05:17 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Ill never understand why BLM wants to make martyrs of shitty human beings?

I guess the police dont shoot and kill many law abiding, middle class black men.
I mean just ask yourself, when is the last time you saw it actually happen?

Maybe it’s because civilized normal people know how to act when dealing with cops while also having fewer run-ins in the first place because they aren’t career criminals.
-King- 05:21 PM 08-26-2020

Maybe it’s because civilized normal people know how to act when dealing with cops while also having fewer run-ins in the first place because they aren’t career criminals.
Maybe cops should be better trained what to do when dealing with "uncivilized" people who don't know what to do?
dirk digler 05:22 PM 08-26-2020
I support the players mostly and understand that they want to make a statement etc but I am not sure this particular incident is the hill to die on.
staylor26 05:22 PM 08-26-2020
Maybe cops should be better trained what to do when dealing with "uncivilized" people who don't know what to do?
I’m not saying the cops are always perfect by any means, but asking adults not to resist in the first place shouldn’t be considered asking for too much.

Of course you prefer to blame the cops and not the POS criminals though...
tyecopeland 05:23 PM 08-26-2020
If I wasn't already not watching, I wouldn't be watching now.

Much like the cops and their shooting, I think the players have taken it too far now.
DaneMcCloud 05:24 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
At some point you have to put your foot down if you are the boss, the business, the organization. You can't have people quitting work to protest when something in the world doesn't go the way they like. Don't let media bully you. Take a stand. Those players are free to quit and make their own league should they want to not work anytime something bad happens.
:-)

You're just as fucking dumb as they day you first posted on Chiefsplanet.

Do you really think that people around this country can't take Personal Days or PTO to demonstrate?

These NBA players are LIVING IN A FUCKING BUBBLE for your entertainment. It should be okay if they decide to take an unexpected day off.
Deberg_1990 05:26 PM 08-26-2020
Sure, I agree with this. While i think they probably already do get de-escalation training, it wouldnt be a bad thing to get more.

Unfortunately, theres always going to be bad people out there who dont listen to the authority of a police officer. If your a citizen and you threaten a cop, most of the time its not going to end well. Take some Personal responsibility and accountability. But that wouldnt push the agenda would it?
DaneMcCloud 05:27 PM 08-26-2020

We have a legal system in place to decide whether or not a person, regardless of color, is guilty or innocent of any alleged crime, with punishment applicable to said crime.

People aren't supposed to be murdered before their day in court.
BigRedChief 05:29 PM 08-26-2020
It’s happening in baseball. Brewers V Reds canceled. Teams refuse to Play

Milwaukee Brewers to sit out game after Jacob Blake shooting https://t.co/K78KLTtfOR pic.twitter.com/nZ7TOCMo0B

— The Hill (@thehill) August 26, 2020

Page 178 of 205
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188 > Last »
Up