Page 17 of 275
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:30 PM 04-24-2024
Version 2024 - PATRICK MAHOMES & THE HUNT FOR THE THREEPEAT

Let's ****ing do this.

Originally Posted by :
Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. These separate threads will be made as soon as the news breaks, outside of this thread. I will link the threads below. Pure knee-jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here are our picks:

Round 1, #28: Xavier Worthy
Round 2, #63: Kingsley Suamataia
Round 4, #131: Jared Wiley
Round 4, #133: Jaden Hicks
Round 5, #159: Hunter Nourzad
Round 6, #211: Kamal Hadden
Round 7, #248: C.J. Hanson

Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2023 Draft thread here
View the 2022 Draft thread here
View the 2021 Draft thread here
View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:05 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Comparing a guy who is a nuanced route runner and possibly the best one in the draft, to Mecole Hardman a guy who 5 years into his NFL career still isn't a good route runner..those 2 players should never be compared, Hardman is an athlete that plays football, McConkey has a much much better understanding of how to play his position.

Way to show your evaluation skills man.
Yea Ladds route running is incredible plus he can be used as a deep threat. He’s my pick. He’d fit right in here, can use him inside and outside
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:05 AM 04-25-2024
You apparently missed the other post..

Look at broad, 10 yard split and vertical.
yes, we can all cherry pick stats. Look at arm length, hand size, and 10 yard split. What are we doing here? I didn't compare him to Garrett Wilson, fucking Mahomo did.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:06 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
ARM
32’’
HAND
9 7/8’’

ARM
30 1/4’’
HAND
8 5/8’’

That's a pretty fucking sizeable difference dude
The hands are significant on paper, but again, McConkey has no issues catching the football.

The arm length is not significant at all with their skill set and play style.

You're trying way too hard. Every draft analyst out there has pointed to Wilson as a comparison to highlight Ladd's measurables for perspective. Nobody is saying he's going to be Wilson.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:07 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Passing on a high ceiling QB with Caleb Williams, Jordan Love and a good Lions team in your division?

Guys I think I found Carl Peterson’s burner
Nah, Maye just ain't it....sorry.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:07 AM 04-25-2024
He's not Garrett Wilson, also his numbers being that close though should completely end the talk that he's just some unathletic lunch pail guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:08 AM 04-25-2024
yes, we can all cherry pick stats. Look at arm length, hand size, and 10 yard split. What are we doing here? I didn't compare him to Garrett Wilson, fucking Mahomo did.
The irony when you're the one cherry picking.

You're picking the least important things and pointing out mostly minor/insignifcant differences in the grand scheme of things.

Again, what difference does it make if Ladd's hands are significantly smaller when he has no issue catching the football?

What does 2 inches of arm length matter for guys who win with route running separation and after the catch ability?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:08 AM 04-25-2024
Comparing a guy who is a nuanced route runner and possibly the best one in the draft, to Mecole Hardman a guy who 5 years into his NFL career still isn't a good route runner..those 2 players should never be compared, Hardman is an athlete that plays football, McConkey has a much much better understanding of how to play his position.

Way to show your evaluation skills man.
I'm not comparing the players in terms of skill sets at all. I'm saying I don't think McConkey has shown any reason to believe he will ever significantly outpace Hardman in terms of NFL production, and that is not good enough for a first round pick.

It's barely good enough for a second.

I realize there are myriad and objective reasons why they are completely different players. I'm not just like "derp fast Georgia guy they the samesies"
[Reply]
Mecca 11:08 AM 04-25-2024
Their combines were eerily similar so much so analysts were pointing it out, for me it just ends the notion he's just some chain mover or not athletic or that he should just be compared to white WR's, that shit gets old.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:09 AM 04-25-2024
He's not Garrett Wilson, also his numbers being that close though should completely end the talk that he's just some unathletic lunch pail guy.
He's having a really hard time grasping the nuance here.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:09 AM 04-25-2024
I'm not comparing the players in terms of skill sets at all. I'm saying I don't think McConkey has shown any reason to believe he will ever significantly outpace Hardman in terms of NFL production, and that is not good enough for a first round pick.

I realize there are myriad and objective reasons why they are completely different players. I'm not just like "derp fast Georgia guy they the samesies"
I would not be at all surprised if Ladd McConkey ends up being far more productive than the WR's drafted around him...
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:10 AM 04-25-2024
My biggest problem with McConkey is his fucking name :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 11:10 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
My biggest problem with McConkey is his fucking name :-)
You also hated Phil McConkey.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:10 AM 04-25-2024
McConkey is a taller Julian Edelman with threatening deep speed. We would all take that at 32
[Reply]
Mecca 11:11 AM 04-25-2024
McConkey is my pick if nothing breaks weird, it all falls as it should, no trade up etc.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:12 AM 04-25-2024
I'm saying I don't think McConkey has shown any reason to believe he will ever significantly outpace Hardman in terms of NFL production, and that is not good enough for a first round pick.

I think maybe you need to look at the player more. Ladd is a much more fluid athlete and natural receiver. He's quick footed, agile, excellent body control. Has a dorky name though, so...idk.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 275
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up