ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone Here Familiar with Taco Johns?
Easy 6 08:36 PM 06-06-2020
Just had one open up here

Better than Taco Bell?

Good, bad, ugly?
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:54 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Driving me crazy I can't remember the name of a taco fast Mexican chain place in KC from the 70s with a huge sign shaped like a sombrero. I remember one on Blue Ridge. What was it?
I don't think that Taco Tico had that type of sign, but they came into my home town in Missouri around that time. Any chance it's them?
[Reply]
Fish 10:00 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I don't think that Taco Tico had that type of sign, but they came into my home town in Missouri around that time. Any chance it's them?
Nah, Taco Tico always had the arched adobe design to most of their buildings. Never featured a sombrero.
[Reply]
Jesus Christ 10:00 PM 06-06-2020
John and I go way back.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:06 PM 06-06-2020
The best is super potato oles. They top a bunch of the season salted tater tots with nacho toppings and it’s one of the few things from fast food I’ll still eat.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:09 PM 06-06-2020
There's a pretty new one on Noland it's really close to the new five guys that went up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 PM 06-06-2020
God I wish they had these on the west coast.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:16 PM 06-06-2020
I dont know much, but what I do know is that he's a fucking crazy, conspiracy theorist that should be kicked in his teeth. Another thing a lot of people don't know is that TJ thought National Treasure was a documentary. What a stupid Donkey retard.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:01 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I’ve had Taco John’s a few times and I don’t think it’s better than Taco Bell.

To each his own I guess tho
30, 35 years ago? Taco Bell was better.

Today? Taco Bell is straight trash and Taco John's hasn't changed much...
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:03 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
No not that one. Think it had a guys name.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 11:14 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The best is super potato oles. They top a bunch of the season salted tater tots with nacho toppings and it’s one of the few things from fast food I’ll still eat.
Omg I haven't had this yet. That sounds amazing! Is it a new thing or was I just too retarded to spot it on the menu?
[Reply]
Hoover 11:20 PM 06-06-2020
Had a 6 pack and a pound just the other day!
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 11:31 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Driving me crazy I can't remember the name of a taco fast Mexican chain place in KC from the 70s with a huge sign shaped like a sombrero. I remember one on Blue Ridge. What was it?
Texas Tom’s....had decent burgers, pork fritters, Some chicken choices too.. if I recall. Decent, not great.

Taco John’s is very good, if your location has good management. Only place that I have had Mexican fast food that I liked better was La Casita in Colorado. The three dollar margaritas, that were stiff...Had a lot to do with that. I still do miss Taco Tico’s smothered burrito though.

As others have mentioned the potato oles with nacho cheese, their taco burgers, taco bravos, and super nachos are all great. My favorite, is the super potato oles...Think a platter of potato oles, with nacho toppings. I usually have to share it. But honestly, it’s a cardiac surgeons nightmare I’m sure. You can only do it once every two or three months.

Their grilled stuffed tacos, meat and potato burritos, and super burrito are also quite good. Dessert is Chocotaco, apple grande, churros, or the cinnamon twists, if you had room. They also do a good job rotating seasonal specials. Street tacos, quesadilla tacos, and others.

They do also have breakfast. Mostly breakfast burritos, and potato ole plates topped with eggs, sausage and breakfast meats and other usual Mexican toppings. Good stuff too. They are more expensive than taco Bell, but worth it in my opinion. We have several in town, but they just opened up a new one about a mile from my house at the beginning of the year. It’s been great, but If I didn’t have some self-control.... I probably have gained 10 or 15 pounds by now.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:48 PM 06-06-2020
They have Taco Tuesday. Not bad for a hit and run.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 11:52 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
They have Taco Tuesday. Not bad for a hit and run.
Thursday, taco bravo special is pretty good too.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:59 PM 06-06-2020
I think I prefer Taco Bell, but the House Salsa at our Taco John's is awesome. The Taco Bravo with the House Salsa is very good.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up