ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone Here Familiar with Taco Johns?
Easy 6 08:36 PM 06-06-2020
Just had one open up here

Better than Taco Bell?

Good, bad, ugly?
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 09:19 PM 06-06-2020
I forgot to mention their super burrito. That is really damn good and has potato ole's in it. It's a piece of art.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:20 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I have to ask about the name, though. Taco John's. What's the story there? Is it a really tone deaf cultural appropriation? Or does it exude an awesome Mexican-English fusion vibe?
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Founded March 14, 1969; 51 years ago in Cheyenne, Wyoming, as the Taco House
Founder John Turner
Yeah there’s an English fusion thing going on alright, I’ve never seen Mexican food with potatoes featured so prominently... but hey, it’s sounding like good grub and we’re kinda desperate for something new around here
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:20 PM 06-06-2020
Not quoting everyone’s shit but they do have breakfast and it is good. Churros are great. Oles are good but super greasy. Overall Taco Johns seems to tear me up more than Taco Bell, not sure if that is a good or bad thing.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:20 PM 06-06-2020
Taco John's jingle will be stuck in my head until I'm dead and bloated. No other way to live now.
[Reply]
eDave 09:20 PM 06-06-2020
Honeymoon? At least take her to Chili's. They got Mexican food.

We call it Taco Juan's out here.
[Reply]
Jerok 09:23 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Honeymoon? At least take her to Chili's. They got Mexican food.

We call it Taco Juan's out here.
To be fair, we decided to drive to the Denver area and ate at fast food along the way, so more on the way to the honeymoon, but still.
[Reply]
eDave 09:24 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Jerok:
To be fair, we decided to drive to the Denver area and ate at fast food along the way, so more on the way to the honeymoon, but still.
My honeymoon started in Maryville, closing out The Palms, and I did the exact same thing. White tux was wasted.
[Reply]
RustShack 09:27 PM 06-06-2020
At first I got the Super Nachos every time. But the last time was probably almost 20 years ago which blows my mind to say. That was before I’ve had nachos at real restaurants so they could or could not be as good as I remember.

Back in the day I used to be able to pound a 6 pack and a pound but the last time I tried I didn’t even get half way though.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:30 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Yeah, normal mid 80's stereotypical little Latino in a huge sombrero. Ran their Taco Tuesday special on the radio all the time...

That commercial sends a strong subliminal message that Taco John's sucks hard.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:32 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Really? :-) How is that possible? Nothing else on their menu requires a burger bun.
Not sure but I get it everytime. 4 soft tacos and a taco burger. Side of Oles if I'm real hungry.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:33 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
My honeymoon started in Maryville, closing out The Palms, and I did the exact same thing. White tux was wasted.
Why does taco John's in maryville.mo bring back great memories
[Reply]
Pablo 09:33 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That commercial sends a strong subliminal message that Taco John's sucks hard.
Wow. Between this and the other thread where you say you hate being asked to upsize, you're like the worst American consumer I've ever met.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:39 PM 06-06-2020
TJ's rocks if you like cheap Americanized Mexican food. Back in the day it was the place to go after smoking a bowl. So I've heard.

Taco Bravo is awesome. So is their taco perfecto. Potatoe Ole's must be eaten hot. I've been to some locations where they under fill the product but the one I go to has older people running it that do a great job. Almost like the pictures on their website.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:41 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Wow. Between this and the other thread where you say you hate being asked to upsize, you're like the worst American consumer I've ever met.
I actually am a pretty bad consumer. However, I'm very profitable when handled correctly. Give me what I need, let me pay for it, and let's put the consumer-seller relationship on pause until my next visit.

I'm really starting to get into the online ordering and pickup thing, because that's pretty much exactly how that works.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:49 PM 06-06-2020
Driving me crazy I can't remember the name of a taco fast Mexican chain place in KC from the 70s with a huge sign shaped like a sombrero. I remember one on Blue Ridge. What was it?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up