ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone Here Familiar with Taco Johns?
Easy 6 08:36 PM 06-06-2020
Just had one open up here

Better than Taco Bell?

Good, bad, ugly?
[Reply]
eDave 09:04 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It’s no Del Taco. But not bad
Too clean.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:05 PM 06-06-2020
Del taco was bad.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:05 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It’s no Del Taco. But not bad
You literally suck at everything. Jesus.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:07 PM 06-06-2020
I ate at one on a business trip a few months ago. It seemed similar to a Taco Bell. I think they offered free Dr. Pepper refills that I could get myself without interacting with people, so I offer a positive review.
[Reply]
Fish 09:07 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It's not on the menu but you can still order it. I do all the time.
Really? :-) How is that possible? Nothing else on their menu requires a burger bun.
[Reply]
eDave 09:08 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You literally suck at everything. Jesus.
He's the best troll here.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:08 PM 06-06-2020
6 pack and a pound FTW.
Got a $2 off on that, looks like maybe the pound part is oles and cheese?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:09 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yep. Pound of oles and 6 hard tacos.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:12 PM 06-06-2020
Yep. Pound of oles and 6 hard tacos.
Does it come with the cheese sauce for all those taters?
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:13 PM 06-06-2020
I have to ask about the name, though. Taco John's. What's the story there? Is it a really tone deaf cultural appropriation? Or does it exude an awesome Mexican-English fusion vibe?
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 09:13 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I think you have to tell them to include the cheese dip. At least that's how the one I go to is. I've never gotten it without request.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:13 PM 06-06-2020
Founded March 14, 1969; 51 years ago in Cheyenne, Wyoming, as the Taco House
Founder John Turner
[Reply]
Jerok 09:16 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
It's better than Taco Bell or Taco Bueno. The potato oles with cheese sauce are fat guy dream material. The rest of the menu is still better with the notable addition of the taco burger.

If I had a Taco John's within 20 mins from me I'd be happy. Consider yourself blessed in the fast food/mex choices.
YES

I had Taco Johns on my honeymoon. It is my favorite mexican place, although I am poor, so I don't know the high end stuff.

Potato oles with nacho cheese = god tier

Crunchy Chicken with nacho cheese = god tier

Crunchy Chicken + potato ole burrito = A+

As a teenager, I would order 4 bean burrito with onion, hotsauce, and nacho cheese, and it was only like 2 bucks, but it's more expensive now. So good with potato oles.

Unfortunately, they got rid of the other god tier menu item, the Mexi Rolls - little rolled tacos of heavenly beauty.

The tacos are great, but I live 20 minutes away from one so they get a little mushy by the time you get home, so eat those fresh. Other than that, the rest of it can handle a 20 minute drive home.

I am like a Taco John's prozthetizer. I don't know if I spelled that word right. It might be because my family would go every Thursday, I subsisted on it many times per week in college, and it is the greatest.

Take note - some taco john's are better than others. The Taco Johns in Leavenworth KS is horse poop. At least it was a few years ago. The one in Olathe is pretty good, the one in Bonner Springs is a bit better, but the one in Atchison KS is the best taco johns I've been to that is still open. (Arguments can be made the one in the St. Joseph mall was better, but it is closed now, RIP in peace)
[Reply]
Fish 09:17 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I have to ask about the name, though. Taco John's. What's the story there? Is it a really tone deaf cultural appropriation? Or does it exude an awesome Mexican-English fusion vibe?
Yeah, normal mid 80's stereotypical little Latino in a huge sombrero. Ran their Taco Tuesday special on the radio all the time...

[Reply]
Pablo 09:18 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up