ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How will the Goodell statement impact the NFL near-term?
jerryaldini 06:56 PM 06-05-2020
What's the near-term impact on the league of Goodell's surprisingly clear and forceful statement?

Do you believe certain owners (e.g. Jones, Snyder) will push back? Any indication owners were consulted?

Will Bienemy and other minorities get fast tracked now? Will players use their newfound leverage to demand this and other change? Any threat of an impasse with owners refusing to concede changes in hiring policy, allowing protest, the league funding initiatives?

Will unity among players increase or will there be a clear divide among them? Are the Chiefs with their player and executive leadership better positioned to manage this?

Any significant impact on the NFL’s global brand and revenues? Discuss.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:04 PM 06-05-2020
I'd like to see Shahid Kahn adress the Islamic slave trade and discuss the misogyny in Islam.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:07 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I'd like to see Shahid Kahn adress the Islamic slave trade and discuss the misogyny in Islam.
His response:

"What do you think of my badass mustache, though? I bet you couldn't grow this thing."

And then he walks away.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:10 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
His response:

"What do you think of my badass mustache, though? I bet you couldn't grow this thing."

And then he walks away.
And I would respect that tbh
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:11 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
And I would respect that tbh
I would hope so. He's probably just on his way to meet Tom Selleck at the mustache comb convention. They have exciting new models this year that really take the frizz out.
[Reply]
jettio 09:25 PM 06-05-2020
I thought a real argument against Kaepernick's tactics was bringing politics to a sporting event that was supposed to be an escape.

I think from now on, Players can peacefully protest without being the ones bringing politics to the stadium. Cynics like Trump who criticize the players will be the ones bringing politics to the stadium from now on. Once it stops paying off for Trump, it will stop being a big deal.
[Reply]
baitism 06:43 AM 06-06-2020
This will be the last year I get season tickets if the Chiefs go full SJW, too.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:54 AM 06-06-2020
Goodell speaks for the owners and they must have calculated that there is more risk to their $$$ by not changing. A few years ago the calculation was different.

When Kaepernick threatened their bottom line they sided with their customers that were older. Now they probably expect there will be some of those people who leave but they would prefer to replace them with a younger fan. With the TV contracts and gambling coming they also can't risk angering the players.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:57 AM 06-06-2020
Arrowhead will have pride day today with a march to the stadium from the LGHQF that is about it.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:59 AM 06-06-2020
people are getting murdered and battered about police but chiefs fans getting butthurt over some videos and kneeling is amazing. I PULL MAH B00TZ STRAPS AND ONLY GOT 5 Breaks working my joke at UNION 3454 FUCK SCABS. That new menards is Falling apart cause of brown people building it.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:00 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by baitism:
let me know. I will post in the personal finance thread so we can sell our stocks.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:28 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
people are getting murdered and battered about police but chiefs fans getting butthurt over some videos and kneeling is amazing. I PULL MAH B00TZ STRAPS AND ONLY GOT 5 Breaks working my joke at UNION 3454 **** SCABS. That new menards is Falling apart cause of brown people building it.
Check out the Washington Post database on cops killing blacks (and whites) during arrest. The number may shock you -- by how low it is. You simply are unaware of the empirical data and have been indoctrinated through propaganda. Of issues facing black (and white) Americans, getting killed by cops during arrest simply has no real-world relevance. It's made-up.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:31 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by baitism:
:-) WTF?

All the pain we endured as fans. Just won a Super Bowl. Favorites to win one in the next few years for sure but..... fuck all that, someone takes a knee during the anthem to protest police brutality, I'm out. Really?!$%!!?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by jettio:
I thought a real argument against Kaepernick's tactics was bringing politics to a sporting event that was supposed to be an escape
And thats a legit argument.

The flag, anthem, military flyovers, the language used by everyone has been political. I don't think many disagree with that at all. But..... a protest when everybody's attention is focused on the game would get maximum attention that your 1st and 4th constitutional rights are being violated.

Protests are inconvenient. Thats kind of the point.
[Reply]
SAGA45 08:02 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The NFL won’t change much at all. Goodell is making a PR statement and hoping it blows over (which it will).
It won"t "blow over" any time soon so I sincerely doubt that was Goodell's thinking.

Admitting the league was wrong in it's previous stance on player protest during the anthem is signficant because they will likely continue this season as well as players being more outspoken on the subject.

Not to mention he's speaking for all 32 clubs which includes owners who, no matter what the societal climate is, will likely never individually and publicly concede they were wrong on how the league handled this issue before.

So I think Goodell's statement goes beyond a mere PR move for the sole purpose of short-term pacification. I think it was instead a huge and historical step in the right direction.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:09 AM 06-06-2020
I’m guessing the Chiefs fans that wanted that huge Chiefs White House visit will be very disappointed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up