ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 95
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
Mecca 08:50 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I don't remember seeing any warfighters getting angry at folks peacefully protesting by kneeling during the anthem. A lot of them disagreed with it but stated they fought exactly for this kind of freedom.
It wasn't really a big deal until it became a political talking point that spun what it was about.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:51 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the football savior. The one who was promised. GOAT caliber player. But..... he doesn’t share their politics. Going to be a river of tears.
I think the virtue signaling in this thread is just staggering.

Fact is Mahomes does share very conservative political views but apparently in this thread like most of the country you arent allowed to think the cop was piece of shit who deserves to rot in jail and also think not all cops are assholes and or this has literally nothing to do with Trump.

Pretty amazing to watch you guys actively try to divide the fan base on Mahomes on political lines and you specifically acting like you have some high ground here on the topic.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:55 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It wasn't really a big deal until it became a political talking point that spun what it was about.
Pretty much every issue seems to turn into a dichotomy in this country, even though most people are somewhere in the middle.

The mainstream media and social media would have you believe that you’re either in favor of all rioting and looting or you believe that zero cops ever do anything wrong. In reality, most people are able to acknowledge wrongdoing regardless of who is doing it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:57 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Dude all my point was is don't say one athlete can have an opinion and the other can't simply because of what you agree with. If you're stance is shutup and dribble then your stance on Brees should be shutup and throw the ball.

This isn't DC so knock that shit off and spinning what we we're talking about. Everyone has a right to say what they want, you get to deal with the repercussions of what you say though hence that very quick apology.
:-)

Ironic considering the 2nd bolded point.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:57 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I agree,

You know what else is RIDICULOUS?

Blacks killing other Blacks and as a whole ignoring that as their BIGGEST issue. I guess that one takes self reflection on ones culture, so I can see why you would skip it and go to issue number 2.

Both need to be dealt with, but I've yet to see black leaders give a shit about the part that makes up 90% of black murder deaths.

but hey w/e
The best way to reduce crime (including murder) is education, and there's an enormous amount of effort being put toward increasing education rates for people of color. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:00 AM 06-05-2020
Remember that one time when professional athletes and politicians and agitators got into a huff when a Minnesota police officer murdered Justine Damond?

It would be so much easier to fall in line with the message if it didn't include criminals as a justification for outrage. You've got me with Tamir, you're losing me with Mike Brown.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:00 AM 06-05-2020
I agree,

You know what else is RIDICULOUS?

Blacks killing other Blacks and as a whole ignoring that as their BIGGEST issue. I guess that one takes self reflection on ones culture, so I can see why you would skip it and go to issue number 2.

Both need to be dealt with, but I've yet to see black leaders give a shit about the part that makes up 90% of black murder deaths.

but hey w/e
There have been countless marches and vigils against street violence in black communities, but of course that would go against your racist narrative so let's just ignore that
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:01 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I think the virtue signaling in this thread is just staggering.

Fact is Mahomes does share very conservative political views but apparently in this thread like most of the country you arent allowed to think the cop was piece of shit who deserves to rot in jail and also think not all cops are assholes and or this has literally nothing to do with Trump.

Pretty amazing to watch you guys actively try to divide the fan base on Mahomes on political lines and you specifically acting like you have some high ground here on the topic.
You’re free to post those very conservative views if you can somehow find them. If this video is somehow dividing the fan base it is definitely being done in a positive way. We don’t need that part of the fan base out there calling our players N words for their beliefs like so many did with Marcus Peters. There is nothing controversial about the video they posted. We didn’t miss any of the idiots who stopped watching or coming to the games the last time and they definitely won’t be missed if they want to boycott the games again! We’re all for it. Stay away from Arrowhead if this video triggers you in anyway.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:02 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
Off the field, no different than anyone else...express away.

On the field, Mr Hunt needs to set down hard. This bullshit has no way to go but down on Sunday in the stadium.
A bit much but agreed, the best platform for this is off the field. There's a reason why nba players don't kneel for the anthem.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:04 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The best way to reduce crime (including murder) is education, and there's an enormous amount of effort being put toward increasing education rates for people of color. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
I don't disagree with the point, I disagree that its being done.

You know another huge factor that decreases crime and murder? A father in the house, yes in the Black Community the fatherless homes has increased 50%+ since the 1960's.

Why?

Debate it all you want, but I find it really dumb that because a cop murdered a black man you are outraged now.

The Death never stopped, the WASTE OF HUMAN LIFE never stopped. Black Lives didn't just START TO MATTER.

Yet, these athletes and figure heads just feel the need to speak up now? It's a fucking joke. Both are wrong, yet no one seems to give a shit about stopping where the vast majority of human life is lost.

Just the 1%
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:05 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
There have been countless marches and vigils against street violence in black communities, but of course that would go against your racist narrative so let's just ignore that
Name one,

Would you like me to show the general analytics? Because BLM searches are a great way to see the general populations interest points.

I don't see Kaep/Mahomes/ANY athlete calling out Black on Black violence as a persistent cause they get behind.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:08 AM 06-05-2020
I don't disagree with the point, I disagree that its being done.

You know another huge factor that decreases crime and murder? A father in the house, yes in the Black Community the fatherless homes has increased 50%+ since the 1960's.

Why?

Debate it all you want, but I find it really dumb that because a cop murdered a black man you are outraged now.

The Death never stopped, the WASTE OF HUMAN LIFE never stopped. Black Lives didn't just START TO MATTER.

Yet, these athletes and figure heads just feel the need to speak up now? It's a ****ing joke. Both are wrong, yet no one seems to give a shit about stopping where the vast majority of human life is lost.

Just the 1%
I love when you all complain about all of these issues without even realizing you’re technically discussing systemic oppression and parroting a lot of the BLM movement issues. That’s just how blinded some people in this country have become!
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:09 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
You’re free to post those very conservative views if you can somehow find them. If this video is somehow dividing the fan base it is definitely being done in a positive way. We don’t need that part of the fan base out there calling our players N words for their beliefs like so many did with Marcus Peters. There is nothing controversial about the video they posted. We didn’t miss any of the idiots who stopped watching or coming to the games the last time and they definitely won’t be missed if they want to boycott the games again! We’re all for it. Stay away from Arrowhead if this video triggers you in anyway.
He is pro -police, pro-military, and very openly Christian who comments on his faith fairly often on social media. And not just the usual "thank God for the day" kind of stuff.

I never claimed the video was controversial I am commenting on the posters here who seem to believe its going to cause some issue in the fan base. Its not. I mean yea there will be a handful of morons but they likely still think Alex Smith could have won the SB for us.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:10 AM 06-05-2020
I love when you all complain about all of these issues without even realizing you’re technically discussing systemic oppression and parroting a lot of the BLM movement issues. That’s just how blinded some people in this country have become!
Name a BLM Protest that marched to stop violence in Chicago. Or any major city..

I'll wait,go ahead find ONE PROTEST from BLM that sole purpose was to call out the violence inside of the African American community.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:16 AM 06-05-2020
We don’t need that part of the fan base out there calling our players N words for their beliefs like so many did with Marcus Peters.
How many of those fans were black? We all know that is okay so those do not count.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 9 of 95
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up