ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 95
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 02:51 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago...-may-29-june-1

Where is the outrage over this? I just wanna know why black lives only matter when a cop is involved.
Gotta ask the media, bud. They control a lot of the outrage.

Btw I highly recommend that everybody watch the film Nightcrawler. It gives great insight into how those people think and operate. Not nearly on this wide a level, but it gives you a general idea.

Social media is like fire, and news media is gasoline.
[Reply]
eDave 02:58 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Gotta ask the media, bud. They control a lot of the outrage.
His comment is used frequently when they run out of excuses. It's cheap and easy.
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 03:05 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Man I can’t wait to see the mental gymnastics of some in here When they see Pat take a knee and not trash him as a traitor to his country like they did to Kap.
Honestly...it would mean he made a bad decision. If he makes it once, who cares. If he makes it over and over again then that's a pattern and a problem, but that's not Patrick so I'm not worried about that.

Some people say Kaepernick was blackballed by the NFL. Bullshit, he's not playing because he made bad decisions and he couldn't win football games. His running gimmick worked well in 2012 and even 2013, but then the NFL adapted and Kaepernick didn't. In 2014 he fell to 8-8, 5-11 in 2015 and finally 1-10 in 2016.

He does his protest for a game or two in 2016, fine make a statement and move on. But let's be realistic, did his protest ever have a real shot to make a substantive difference?

What it did do, however, was serve to be a distraction to his fans, his team and almost certainly himself. He's the QB that ended up going 1-10 on the season and lost his starting job. As a QB you have one job and that's to win games. You want to make a statement fine, but think about how much more powerful your statement would have been if your were winning games? Imagine if you kneel while holding the Lombardi Trophy after wining a Super Bowl. That would have had more impact than all the protests made during the season.

Rather than distract his team, his fans, his coaches and himself with a protest that was never going anywhere he could have used the anger and frustration as motivation in practice and use it to win games.

Then as a winning QB, if you want to make a statement think how much of a position of power you would be in to do so. Think how a Super Bowl MVP QB could have pushed for change in ways that a backup QB on the 2nd worst team in the NFL couldn't dream of?

That is why Kaepernick doesn't have a job in the NFL, it's not because the NFL owners black balled him. It's because he made bad decisions and he couldn't win football games when it counted. He compounded that by blaming everyone else when it was his decisions and his performance that mattered. That is the hallmark of a bad leader.

Why would any team want to hire a QB that couldn't win, made bad decisions and showed bad leadership?

If Pat wants to use his position as NFL and Super Bowl MVP to try to effect real change for African Americans, I trust his decision making. I trust that he'll do it the right way and most importantly he'll do it the way that actually will make a difference. Patrick is a winner and he won't pick a strategy that has no chance to win.

I don't believe he'd kneel during the National Anthem. Why? Because no matter what, that will always be Kaepernick's and never Patrick's. If he does something it will be his own.

I trust that he wouldn't kneel during the Anthem because it doesn't help you make your point. It's devisive and will alienate part of your fanbase without materially helping you accomplish your goal.

I trust Patrick to make the smart decision, and kneeling during the Anthem risks much without gaining much. Patrick is smart enough to make a difference and not just a statement.

If Patrick thinks he can make a difference that will change the inequity in our system, I don't just trust him to do so, I want him to do so. I believe in his decision making. Everything we've seen from him says that his approach won't be devisive, it will be unifying. If he believes he can, he will bring us all together and he will make a real lasting impact.

Everything we've seen about Pat on the field says this and even that video says this. It's a team unified, trying to get the NFL to stand with them.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:08 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Chiefs fans who voted for Trump:

via GIPHY

Yeah, they only like their obedient negros while they are in uniform, and only between the opening kick-off and final whistle. They don't like it when they get uppity, no matter how much money they have.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:17 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
When they see Pat take a knee and not trash him as a traitor to his country like they did to Kap.

He will lose 1/2 the fan base if he does.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:17 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
I was with them until one of them threw Michael Brown's name out there. And Trayvon wasn't killed by a cop so not sure why he was thrown in.

Not many innocent men in that sequence.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:18 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
No Justice.........

Hands up
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:22 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
Man, I wish Mahomes had stayed out of the fray on this.

SJW’s won’t let anyone out of this. It’s a shame their martyrs were a bunch of thugs.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:40 AM 06-05-2020
You have to chime in and support the tribe. I’ve been told that silence is compliance.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 03:51 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Yeah, they only like their obedient negros while they are in uniform, and only between the opening kick-off and final whistle. They don't like it when they get uppity, no matter how much money they have.

Super dumb. I love Pat and all the boys, and support them in whatever they peacefully protest. I also support Trump. Love them all! Greatest athletes and president the world has ever seen, ever! Really beautiful. Democrats are a total disaster.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:53 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Super dumb. I love Pat and all the boys, and support them in whatever they peacefully protest. I also support Trump. Love them all! Greatest athletes and president the world has ever seen, ever! Really beautiful. Democrats are a total disaster.
Do you have a Trump number sticker on your car?

[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 03:58 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Do you have a Trump number sticker on your car?

Nay, but I got some Chiefs decals on her. She's been sitting in my garage for over a year now :-)
[Reply]
SAGA45 04:06 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
ILChief 05:32 AM 06-05-2020
Aside from including Mike Brown (Philando Castile would have been a much better choice) why is anyone against this?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:40 AM 06-05-2020
Will the NFL admit wrong in silencing their players from peacefully protesting?

I doubt that. But everything else I can see them doing.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 95
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up