ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 95
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:10 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
We are ants on the sidewalk and the DNC and GOP don’t know what else to do with their magnifying glasses.
Politics are Pro Wrestling that hasn’t yet broken kayfabe.

A bunch of people who work for the same people pretend to hate each other, so we’ll pick sides and hate each other. Then they laugh about it backstage.
[Reply]
Bump 10:12 PM 06-04-2020
Since they said that they could be those guys, that made me wonder. How many NFL players or even NBA or MLB players have been hunted down by the white people and killed? I can't recall that ever happening before. No mention of the 20-30 that get murdered in Chicago every single weekend?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:30 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:
Since they said that they could be those guys, that made me wonder. How many NFL players or even NBA or MLB players have been hunted down by the white people and killed? I can't recall that ever happening before. No mention of the 20-30 that get murdered in Chicago every single weekend?
Why didn't you mention NHL players?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:31 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Anything with our two amazing leaders is good with me
Chiefs are good too

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
Bump 10:34 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Why didn't you mention NHL players?
never watched, forgot it exists lol
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:36 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Politics are Pro Wrestling that hasn’t yet broken kayfabe.

A bunch of people who work for the same people pretend to hate each other, so we’ll pick sides and hate each other. Then they laugh about it backstage.
Is this a DC post if it’s a post about how much I hate the politics of DC?

Anywho - Freakonomics episode on the “Two Party Duopoly” does a great job going into what you’re talking about. As long as one of the two parties are in power, it’s good for the other party, too (because they’re the only alternative).
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:18 PM 06-04-2020
Many grew up in tough neighborhoods and have friends and family who still live there. They have a frame of reference.

They're protesting police, not white people.

They are protesting actions of state employed police, not random citizens who murder.

Nothing in your post makes sense.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:53 PM 06-04-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
This is where sports can make a difference though, at least at the margins, and with young people who still listen to other perspectives.. But yeah, sadly some will abandon Pat simply for having a different opinion based on his own life experiences and influences. Just like many fans will unfortunately abandon Brees.
I doubt many fans will cancel pat over this. We're fine. New England and California are deep blue and nobody canceled Brady or bosa. Most fans know how to separate their personal views from rooting for their team.

Who cares if fans cancel brees. The bigger issue is that his teammates might. I usually like that mahomes stays out of politics but in this case he won big points with his locker room. Silence would probably have hurt him. What fan would want that?
[Reply]
carcosa 12:43 AM 06-05-2020
I'm extremely proud of Pat for participating in this.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:30 AM 06-05-2020
If you’re seriously asking, Joe McKnight (former Chief) got murdered a few years back (in traffic I think). I remember there being a lot of outrage because this shooter was initially let go without a charge.

FTR I’m not trying to change hearts and minds here, just pointing it out.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:01 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The Michael Jordan path ain’t available to an athlete in 2020 due to social media and the internet. He’s done the best he could do far.
The Michael Jordan path is irresponsible anyway considering the influence he had. Mahomes is doing the right thing here and shouldn't concern himself with what a few morons might think of him.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:10 AM 06-05-2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago...-may-29-june-1

Where is the outrage over this? I just wanna know why black lives only matter when a cop is involved.
[Reply]
Bump 02:15 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Many grew up in tough neighborhoods and have friends and family who still live there. They have a frame of reference.

They are protesting actions of state employed police, not random citizens who murder.

Nothing in your post makes sense.

-that's not the impression the media is giving and not all of those names were killed by police.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 02:15 AM 06-05-2020
I love my team's players regardless of their political beliefs. As long as they're not out there burning shit down, it's cool. They bring me so much happiness that it's not even worth thinking about our differences. Not one bit!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:17 AM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago...-may-29-june-1

Where is the outrage over this? I just wanna know why black lives only matter when a cop is involved.
Methinks none of those were home invaders, Home Invaders lives matter!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 95
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up