Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Saints WR Michael Thomas is very sensitive
staylor26 06:29 PM 05-18-2020

All Parker did was answer the question
[Reply]
dj56dt58 11:15 AM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
I added, latter: that I think "The land of the free" is the concern.

It was written, I believe, during the War of 1812.
You think they kneel because of “the land of the free”? I doubt half of them even know the damn lyrics. Are they debating we aren’t free? That blacks aren’t free?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:56 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
this guy needs to go the way of antonio brown....mouthy you know what.
Hah. This is perfect.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:44 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:
this guy needs to go the way of antonio brown....mouthy you know what.
Wait, this guy is the "mouthy you know what"?

One of my brothers made a public statement yesterday that I disagreed with. He apologized & I accept it because that’s what we are taught to do as Christians. Now back to the movement! #GeorgeFloyd

— Michael Thomas (@Cantguardmike) June 4, 2020

I'd love to have him as as Chief.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:46 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
So you think that Drew Brees doesn't think of his grandfathers and their sacrifices when he stands for the anthem? That's a rather silly take there.

Also, do you think because people are up in arms that Drew Brees is going to stop thinking about his grandfathers and their sacrifices when the anthem plays.

To me, this is why you stand your ground: if you were honest in your original opinion, then you have nothing to be ashamed about. But now, Brees put himself in a bad position (assuming that some type of anthem protesting will resume): Placate your teammates by participating (at the expense of your true feelings) OR Shit on the legacy of your grandfathers by participating in something you don't really desire to do.

There are millions of ways to support the cause, without sacrificing who you are to do it.

In a way, I actually commend Colin Kaepernick more at this point. At least the dude never wavered in his opinions. Brees folded like a lawn chair when push came to shove.....
It appears that Brees considered additional information that changed his opinion. Honestly, that's how this should always work.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 02:57 PM 06-06-2020
There is a nice picture of SB LIV MVP Patrick Mahomes. With a US Flag decal on the back of his helmet. rest easy
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:55 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It appears that Brees considered additional information that changed his opinion. Honestly, that's how this should always work.
Don't get me wrong, I think that two "brothers" getting together to work out their issues is a great thing and a healthy part of learning to co-exist with each other.

But that's not what happened here: this was a group of people piling on a guy that has done so much for the city and people of NOLA, and anything short of Brees doing a 180 on his stance wasn't going to be acceptable.

in this situation, there was no "mutual respect"....it was all one-sided, and very clear that anything short of Brees recanting his position wasn't going to be acceptable (and still hasn't been acceptable to some), all because his views don't align with others....

which is why I asked that, despite the 180 pivot Brees did, do you really think that Brees doesn't think of his grandfathers when the anthem plays? Did his mind suddenly change because he was a target of a large politically correct pile on?

So, two questions: If the kneeling begins again next season, do you think Drew stands (for his grandfathers honor and for what he obviously believes is right), or does he kneel (to support the cause)? Do you believe that he should do the opposite of what he believe in so that Michael Thomas and others won't negatively react?

Either way, he's certainly put himself into a hell of a quandary

In my opinion: you NEVER sacrifice what you believe is right. There are a million ways to support the cause without sacrificing who you are. I said it earlier, whether you like or hate Colin Kaepernick, at least the guy has never wavered on his beliefs....That guy certainly has conviction regardless of whether anyone thinks it's right or wrong....

P.S. Not trying to come across as "right or wrong" or anything like that....just think it's a very interesting conversation to have and wanting to know how people think on this....
[Reply]
eDave 05:38 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Even Drew Brees disagrees with you.
I don't think so. Let's see if he kneels.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:33 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Nah dude you launched the first attack on me. Rewind the tape. I have no idea who you are, lurker? mult? boring DC poster I never noticed? but apparently you're some kind of anti-fanboy of me. I'm honored.

I've said the point a half dozen times. It couldn't be more clear. Why is Kaep kneeling disrespectful the flag or troops or w/e - but "home of the CHIEFS" is not? Simplest question in the world.

I don’t know how asking a question, then saying keep your passive aggressive political bullshit Out of the lounge is personal. Was it the quitting of DC because you get too invested in politics?

Why does it matter if you know me or not? Plenty of people on the board know me, and the only reason I know you is because of your trip thread you made. Then I offered some advice and asked you questions on it. I’m not an anti fan boy of you, I just know you can’t rationally talk politics because you admitted it yourself.

I think if the kneeling is offensive, the stupid ass Chief’s thing should be offensive, although I can understand how people with rationalize one way or the other about it. I had no problem with the kneeling, I have no problem with the Chief’s chant. I am capable of seeing both sides of the coin and wish more people could. It will never happen because people become too entrenched into their view, and anything that challenges that view is construed as dumb or dangerous.

I apologize it took a few days to answer back, dog was sick and just found out she has kidney disease, or cancer. So a pissing match on the internet was the least of my concerns.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 04:42 PM 06-07-2020
Foundations torn down and rebuilt. Is more practical in stages
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:32 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
I don’t know how asking a question, then saying keep your passive aggressive political bullshit Out of the lounge is personal. Was it the quitting of DC because you get too invested in politics?

Why does it matter if you know me or not? Plenty of people on the board know me, and the only reason I know you is because of your trip thread you made. Then I offered some advice and asked you questions on it. I’m not an anti fan boy of you, I just know you can’t rationally talk politics because you admitted it yourself.

I think if the kneeling is offensive, the stupid ass Chief’s thing should be offensive, although I can understand how people with rationalize one way or the other about it. I had no problem with the kneeling, I have no problem with the Chief’s chant. I am capable of seeing both sides of the coin and wish more people could. It will never happen because people become too entrenched into their view, and anything that challenges that view is construed as dumb or dangerous.

I apologize it took a few days to answer back, dog was sick and just found out she has kidney disease, or cancer. So a pissing match on the internet was the least of my concerns.
Ok.

So my point was basically that I don't think it's fair that Kaepernick was blasted so hard for disrespecting the troops or w/e when there are very similar things which people just shrug off - like home of the CHIEFS.

My implication which you took as passive aggressive (because I didn't realize the mods were just gonna let these threads run and we could say whatever we want - which I applaud them for) was that white people seem to make up these rules as they go along. That's basically it.

I hope your dog feels better. I was pretty fired up about this issue but not looking to attack anyone over it. I just know black people who have confided in me how much crap they've been through in their lives from the cops, even in a relatively integrated city like LA. Ultimately I just want people to come together - and I'm encouraged by a lot of the dialog I've seen on this forum and elsewhere the last few days.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 05:42 AM 06-08-2020
From 8/27/16 article:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Mediaafter Friday’s game. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

The 49ers acknowledged in a statement that Kaepernick sat on the team’s bench during the national anthem before their game against the Green Bay Packers.

I guess the Tebowing came latter
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06:06 AM 06-08-2020
Tebowing is about prayer and reflection
[Reply]
Mecca 07:33 AM 06-08-2020
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-roger-goodell

And now we're back to where we started.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:23 AM 06-08-2020
Us making it about, us. Not trying/willing to listen to a/the message
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:24 AM 06-08-2020
When Mahomes was hurt in Denver. Players from both sides kneeled. They may have been tired, but they were not protesting the delay of game
[Reply]
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Up