ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>HBO Max
RunKC 09:21 AM 10-31-2019
Anyone see this yesterday? I’m excited for their lineup.

HBO vault
DC comics
Warner Bros vault
Adult Swim
Studio Ghibli-complete anime vault
Looney Tunes/Cartoon Network/Hanna Barbera vault
New HBO originals

They also paid half a billion for South Park :-)

Netflix is gonna have to work harder to keep up
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:28 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Anyone see this yesterday? I’m excited for their lineup.

HBO vault
DC comics
Warner Bros vault
Adult Swim
Studio Ghibli-complete anime vault
Looney Tunes/Cartoon Network/Hanna Barbera vault
New HBO originals

They also paid half a billion for South Park :-)

Netflix is gonna have to work harder to keep up
Yeah I'll probably get it...assume HBO now folks will switch. It's the same cost.
[Reply]
MelGrif 05:04 AM 11-11-2019
I'm also thinking about getting it.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:50 PM 11-13-2019
Netflix and Nickelodeon just announced a partnership for streaming today. Streaming Wars are full on
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 03:51 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by MelGrif:
I'm also thinking about getting it.
I'll be interested to see if HBO Max partners with anyone similarly to Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu - **EDIT** I just realized that Disney owns Hulu as well as ESPN (I knew they owned ESPN) so that nullifies that statement. Enjoy your day everyone
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:04 PM 11-13-2019
Does HBO Max include their soft-core movies? Any of their "adult" material like Real Sex or Taxi Cab Confessions?

They removed all of their X-rated content last year and i haven't forgiven them since.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:17 PM 05-27-2020
Been playing with it today. Decent. Everything’s organized similar to Disney+ into categorize DC, Crunchy Roll, Etc...

Only negative is it’s not available on Roku devices yet. Weird.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:50 AM 05-28-2020
Trey Parker & Matt Stone (South Park creators) are such good businessmen. (and of course funny as hell). They totally fleeced HBO.
[Reply]
bowener 09:28 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Trey Parker & Matt Stone (South Park creators) are such good businessmen. (and of course funny as hell). They totally fleeced HBO.
HOLY. FUCK. I can't believe they are fucking billionaires. God bless them and their creative minds and talent.

Article here on their deal.

Originally Posted by :
Comedy Central’s “South Park” will have a new home online as of June 2020. HBO Max, the WarnerMedia-backed direct-to-consumer service that debuts in May, has won the battle for exclusive streaming rights in the U.S. to Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s animated satire, which is currently hosted on Disney-owned Hulu.

The deal is valued at $500 million to $550 million, a source familiar with matter tells Variety.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:06 AM 05-28-2020
Totally fleeced? I don't think so, not from the information in that article.

Also, how badly did CBS/Viacom fuck themselves by not merging earlier? Had they merged prior to 2019, they'd have had an anchor for their new streaming network, which will replace CBS All Access in the next year.

Now, they've screwed themselves for probably 10 years but at least they'll get the rights back in 2031.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:07 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
HOLY. FUCK. I can't believe they are fucking billionaires. God bless them and their creative minds and talent.
I'm guessing it's a 10 year deal, so $50 million per. That won't make them billionaires but they'll be very, very wealthy.
[Reply]
sully1983 12:17 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Totally fleeced? I don't think so, not from the information in that article..
Uh they literally make those South Park episodes in less than 6 days lol(they made a mini documentary on it called 6 Days to Air) . They do it effortlessly so yes they absolutely fleeced the shit out of HBO. They are living the good life that's for sure.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:20 PM 05-28-2020
Uh they literally make those South Park episodes in less than 6 days lol(they made a mini documentary on it called 6 Days to Air) . They do it effortlessly so yes they absolutely fleeced the shit out of HBO.
You're fucking stupid and know absolutely nothing about the entertainment business.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:47 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
You're ****ing stupid and know absolutely nothing about the entertainment business.
Wow easy there champ. :-) I was merely pointing out that Trey & Matt don't even have to work that hard in order to make a shit ton of money.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:50 PM 05-28-2020
Wow easy there champ. :-) I was merely pointing out that Trey & Matt don't even have to work that hard in order to make a shit ton of money.
You think 20+ seasons of episodes at 6 days an episode isn’t that hard?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Up