ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Otis Taylor
Ubeja Vontell 11:06 AM 09-10-2019
The best WR the Chiefs have ever had was Otis Taylor yet another great HBCUer (Pairie View), and with Lynn Swann in the Hall of Fame, why isn't Taylor?

Like Swann he had that big SB play.

Taylor

Receptions...410
Yards....7306
TD's...57
Four 800yard plus season, two over 1000 yards.

Swann

Two 800yard plus seasons, never had a 1000 yard season.

So why is Swann in the HOF and Taylor is not?

I get bragging about the Riders is a no no here here but Cliff Branch has better numbers than Taylor and far superior to Swann why isn't he in the HOF?

I hadn't thought of HOFer John Stallworth until right now, curious how he stacks up vs Taylor. Be right back.

Stallworth has the numbers no need to list them, he belongs in the HOF.

Otis Taylor the first big fast physical WR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyKOuTwXKD0
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 04:49 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Yes ,he deserves to be in.. yes ,this has been discussed here at length before....
I haven't talked about it here before, should I have tried to find that and bumped it back up? Where would I find that at?
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:58 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
I haven't talked about it here before, should I have tried to find that and bumped it back up? Where would I find that at?
You can do a search and also it doesn't really matter how you did it. A new thread is fine, but if you would have searched for the old thread and bumped it, that would also be fine.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 05:11 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You can do a search and also it doesn't really matter how you did it. A new thread is fine, but if you would have searched for the old thread and bumped it, that would also be fine.
Cool!

I can understand Taylor not being in the HOF, but cannot understand Swann being there and he isn't, that makes no sense at all.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:09 PM 06-05-2020
Voting for the WR who should be in the HOF. Otis is 2nd behind Drew Pearson.

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/...l-Hall-of-Fame
[Reply]
flinchfree 04:31 PM 06-05-2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:24 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by flinchfree:

That’s awesome. In your man cave?
[Reply]
flinchfree 09:12 PM 06-05-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Yup. Bought the poster about 10 years ago off ebay for $15 while living in Lawrence KS, rolled it up and got on a plane to the Chicago National Sportscard Show where Len was doing a signing appearance. Got him to personalize it "Coming your way OT" and put it in a $20 frame from Michael's when I got home.
May well be the least expensive piece of memorabilia in my room but I freakin love it. It's got so much life to it.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 07:09 AM 06-06-2020
Yup. Bought the poster about 10 years ago off ebay for $15 while living in Lawrence KS, rolled it up and got on a plane to the Chicago National Sportscard Show where Len was doing a signing appearance. Got him to personalize it "Coming your way OT" and put it in a $20 frame from Michael's when I got home.
May well be the least expensive piece of memorabilia in my room but I freakin love it. It's got so much life to it.

In the early 70's I had that poster on the wall of my bedroom. Wasn't autographed.
[Reply]
flinchfree 01:17 PM 06-06-2020
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
In the early 70's I had that poster on the wall of my bedroom. Wasn't autographed.
I think it was released in 72' or 73', so that would be right on.
Very cool to think someone had it up on their wall back then and is posting about it now.:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:25 AM 06-07-2020

I have a few pictures in mine but nothing that sweet.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:26 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I think that poster came out about the same time Arrowhead opened. 1972? It has that early 70s style, kind of like the original Arrowhead logo that was at the 50 yardline on the astroturf. Cool poster.
[Reply]
njchiefs 02:36 PM 06-07-2020
Otis isn’t in the HOF because that SB team already has 9 or 10 in the hall. They don’t want to put any more in.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up